• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just looking into the future---a little bit...

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Biggest question will the players remember the embarrassment especially a defense that stopped no one that night.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything I'm reading (and I'm sure we won't know until Friday for sure) Baker won't be playing on Sunday...

Won't matter if Baker is playing or not. these are two whole new teams and season. PITTSBURGH is going to play hard and things will be very different than last time. Miles Garret may pull a helmet but our boys will clock him so ******* hard he will wake up in never never land where he should have landed the first time.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything I'm reading (and I'm sure we won't know until Friday for sure) Baker won't be playing on Sunday...
I have more fear of Case Keenum in the line up than Baker.

No matter who they trot out there I am hoping that we can put together a decent game in all 3 phases........... but I would probably settle for proficient tackling as a start on DEF and not being able to predict run or pass on OFF

The division is still tight and a win would put us in the thick of it again............ got to start somewhere

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

No matter who they trot out there I am hoping that we can put together a decent game in all 3 phases........... but I would probably settle for proficient tackling as a start on DEF and not being able to predict run or pass on OFF

The division is still tight and a win would put us in the thick of it again............ got to start somewhere

WATT needs to use upper-cuts and body-shots, NOT over-hand rights.............................................. UNLESS he is "stepping" with boob

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
WATT needs to use upper-cuts and body-shots, NOT over-hand rights.............................................. UNLESS he is "stepping" with boob

Salute the nation
Rewatch the tape ......... he began with an uppercut ..... before going all Wisconsin Haymaker

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

We don't live in our fears I say this boldly. We are taking this extended time in the lab obviously to identify our pedigree in hopes and prayers to play above the neck football. We will attack each day while defending every blade of grass. It doesn’t benefit me or us in any way to continue to hash it, rehash it. So this is my position. Oftentimes after games, particularly hot, contested games like the one upcoming, I acknowledge things could transpire in that shitbowl, particularly things that I think are significant. But on Sunday, as we and everyone else is moving forward, it’s fruitless for me to continue to expand upon it in my position and what will be said and who said what, and what I expect to happen in reaction to it. I understand that you guys are interested, but pardon me if I don’t indulge it.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Trap games are for quality teams that are expected to in. This team has yet to put together a quality resume. This is what the next few years will look like, lots of hope and talk, very little action.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
We don't live in our fears I say this boldly. We are taking this extended time in the lab obviously to identify our pedigree in hopes and prayers to play above the neck football. We will attack each day while defending every blade of grass. It doesn’t benefit me or us in any way to continue to hash it, rehash it. So this is my position. Oftentimes after games, particularly hot, contested games like the one upcoming, I acknowledge things could transpire in that shitbowl, particularly things that I think are significant. But on Sunday, as we and everyone else is moving forward, it’s fruitless for me to continue to expand upon it in my position and what will be said and who said what, and what I expect to happen in reaction to it. I understand that you guys are interested, but pardon me if I don’t indulge it.
At times like this I wish we could adopt an easier approach ....... dare I say it ....... like the Raiders

JUST WIN BABY !!!!!!!!!

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who is the QB. We give every QB the underneath stuff. Our LBers drop back 10 yards. Good for and easy 5 to 8 yards a clip if they want it. The only time we might press is 3rd and short(which seems like it is all the time) and even then at times our defensive backs will drop back before the snap. For once(especially against a back up QB) I would love to see us not give the underneath stuff for free. At least mix it up more than we do now. Does anyone one else see it differently? And boy do I hate seeing shot of Butler on the side line.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Call me optimistic but I honestly believe that if Coach Butler has a full week to prepare for Case Keenum - barring major injuries on our defense - it's gonna be a bad day for Case...

Backdoor Boobie will be lamenting on Sunday afternoon.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if any of their running backs will be back or not, but that concerns me more that who is under center.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
It's bye week and guess who we have on the docket coming out of it???

You guessed it - the Turds. This game, in my mind is RETRIBUTION and I don't care of they don't have either RB or that Baker has a broken wing...

I want PAYBACK and I want it badly!!!

Are you listening Coach Canada??? Coach Butler??? Coach Tomlin???

I WANT A WIN!!!

Here's to 4-3 and the Turds back at the bottom of the division.

Coach coach Canada needs to call third down plays at go past the first down marker. He was hired for cheap with limited experience by Tomlin and it shows,

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Stuff the run. Gang tackle like you're a professional at it. Block. Catch the ball.

It's an old winning formula. Do it and win.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Coach coach Canada needs to call third down plays at go past the first down marker. He was hired for cheap with limited experience by Tomlin and it shows,
Interesting comment.

Do you think the this 'ineptness' all falls on OC, Coach Canada???

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting comment.

Do you think the this 'ineptness' all falls on OC, Coach Canada???
Nope. Of course not. Most of the ineptness falls on Tomlin. He has the track record that shows it....unfortunately.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Call me optimistic but I honestly believe that if Coach Butler has a full week to prepare for Case Keenum - barring major injuries on our defense - it's gonna be a bad day for Case...

Backdoor Boobie will be lamenting on Sunday afternoon.
Where is boobie? I came in on my break to be entertained and as ice cube would say not a jacker in sight

Stewey

Reaction score
The perfect retribution score would be 51-0.
It covers last year and 1989.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if any of their running backs will be back or not, but that concerns me more that who is under center.
That's it in a nutshell and both Chubb and Jake Conklin practiced yesterday. The present run stopping ability of our defense and their running game makes the Mayfield vs Keenum issue irrelevant imo.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Bruh!!! I just spit my tea EVERYWHERE!!!
Sorry bruh. I know the feeling. I’ve spit many of monsters thanks slash, JMM, DIC etc.
Those bacon jokes around these parts can be amusing.

I think Coolie needs to put up a notice like enjoy your beverage at your own risk.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
That's it in a nutshell and both Chubb and Jake Conklin practiced yesterday. The present run stopping ability of our defense and their running game makes the Mayfield vs Keenum issue irrelevant imo.

I hope to see our 7 man front all day with Edmunds lurking near the box, none of that 2 DL front useless against running teams