• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

kelvin benjamin. dunce. "too tired" to work out

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If he thinks he's going in the top end of the first round he's crazy. Late first early second round grade.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
lazy gets even more lazy when it gets paid ...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
he was only going in the end of the first or early second even if he had a spectacular workout.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I am on board with some of these players denying teams individual workouts, especially at this point in the game. Brandon Thomas is a great example why, at this point, injury can cost you millions. There was talk that Thomas could climb into the bottom of the first but should be a solid second, until he blew out his knee in a workout. He is expected to miss most or maybe ALL of the 2014 season. That could easily cost him millions.

The smarter move would have been to have his agent tell the team he was not working out because it was too close to the draft and they wanted to avoid a potential injury. Hell, even if the reason was he was lazy, be smart and use the excuse.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, TMC. At this point its all about marketing yourself and putting up an image, regardless if its true or not. He probably cost himself alot of $$$ with this dumb comment.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Brandon Thomas would be a nice 4th round pick to stick on IR and save for 2015. Would be like having an extra 2nd round pick next year.

I

Idioteque

I have no idea whether this is true. But I do know that Benjamin is possibly the most lackadaisical receiver I've ever studied. The type that makes Plaxico look like Hines Ward.

3 Hypocycloids

Forefather
Reaction score
With so many quality receivers available, I don't want any part of this clown.

I'm still hoping for Dennard/Gilbert in the 1st and a receiver in the 2nd/3rd.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Brandon Thomas would be a nice 4th round pick to stick on IR and save for 2015. Would be like having an extra 2nd round pick next year.

Yeah, some think he can play tackle in the NFL and he has some potential there, but he has all the makings of a very good guard. I would spend a 4th on him with the idea of him taking over for Foster. Foster is entering the 2nd year of a 3-year deal. I would really be interested in doing that IF I did not nab an OT early.

I have no idea whether this is true. But I do know that Benjamin is possibly the most lackadaisical receiver I've ever studied. The type that makes Plaxico look like Hines Ward.

I kind of get a Randy Moss feel with him. When he thinks the ball is coming his way, he turns it on. When the play is not coming to him.......you may find him at the water cooler.

ZACKB

Reaction score
I am hoping we trade down with Miami , draft a corner, then snag Nix/Benjamin in rd 2. If SD doesn't take Nix, he may fall. I would also love to snag Brandon Thomas, as mentioned above, in rd 4 and stash him on IR. He could take over for Foster in 2 yrs. He is damn good. I really want to trade down and get an extra third rounder. I think Miami would like Lewan, and Balt may draft him. The Phins are a prime trade target.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yeah, some think he can play tackle in the NFL and he has some potential there, but he has all the makings of a very good guard. I would spend a 4th on him with the idea of him taking over for Foster. Foster is entering the 2nd year of a 3-year deal. I would really be interested in doing that IF I did not nab an OT early.

I kind of get a Randy Moss feel with him. When he thinks the ball is coming his way, he turns it on. When the play is not coming to him.......you may find him at the water cooler.

It would kind of be what the '9ers did with Lattimore last year. Just IR him rehab him and if everything goes well you got a much higher rated prospect for a great draft value and with it a very nice rookie contract.

skialta

Reaction score
are we really thinking that this team is at a place where we can take one of the few picks we have...and draft a player that we KNOW is going to sit for at least the first year?
nah man...i'll pass with that line of thinking
that's some **** you do in fantasy football

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
are we really thinking that this team is at a place where we can take one of the few picks we have...and draft a player that we KNOW is going to sit for at least the first year?
nah man...i'll pass with that line of thinking
that's some **** you do in fantasy football

Are you really thinking that this team is a 4th round rookie away from being better than they would be without that player?

I guess so. Look at the impact Landry Jones had. Or Marcus Wheaton for that matter. Right now, when you look at teams like San Fran and Seattle, the top two teams in the NFC, both used middle to late round picks on injured players that were projected as 1st-2nd round talents prior to injury. Both have quality depth because of those decisions.

skialta

Reaction score
Are you really thinking that this team is a 4th round rookie away from being better than they would be without that player?

I guess so. Look at the impact Landry Jones had. Or Marcus Wheaton for that matter. Right now, when you look at teams like San Fran and Seattle, the top two teams in the NFC, both used middle to late round picks on injured players that were projected as 1st-2nd round talents prior to injury. Both have quality depth because of those decisions.

lol@ comparing the steelers situation to either of those two teams. that's basically EXACTLY what i was saying. san fran was coming off a super bowl appearance 3 months earlier and could afford to sit on a player like that. seattle? well. same thing (obviously)

i have zero faith in this team to use the draft picks we have wisely. i'm not interested in throwing one of them away

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
take Gilbert rnd 1 and see if Jordan Matthews slides to us in rnd 2 if not take CB Roby in rnd 2 and WRi Bryant in the 3rd then a TE then DE NT

ZACKB

Reaction score
Imagine if we take Dennard and Nix falls to us in rd 2. Would you guys do that? Not sure what wr would be there for our 3rd round comp pick. Brandon Thomas is wayyy too good, and I would steal him in rd 4 if he is there.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
lol@ comparing the steelers situation to either of those two teams. that's basically EXACTLY what i was saying. san fran was coming off a super bowl appearance 3 months earlier and could afford to sit on a player like that. seattle? well. same thing (obviously)

i have zero faith in this team to use the draft picks we have wisely. i'm not interested in throwing one of them away

I highly doubt a 4th round player has an impact this year for us. In fact usually our first round doesn't. In my head taking a guy you would have rated as a late first early second with a 4th round pick and stashing him on IR is the equivalent of trading our 4th for a 2015 raiders 2nd or 2015 Seahawks 1st. So in round 4 if you are the GM and Pete Carroll calls you and offers their next year first for our 4th and there's no one on the board near a 1st round value do you say no?

skialta

Reaction score
So in round 4 if you are the GM and Pete Carroll calls you and offers their next year first for our 4th and there's no one on the board near a 1st round value do you say no?

can you seriously sit there and say that you could see colbert/epps pulling one over on carroll?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
can you seriously sit there and say that you could see colbert/epps pulling one over on carroll?

I was using the analogy to show my point. When you trade for next year picks you are stashing picks for the future. In this scenario the steelers would stash an actual player. So Thomas won't play this year. At least we know that for certain, because if we draft someone else there's no guarantee they start, play, or stay healthy this year.

Vader

Reaction score
I don't care for Benjamin anyway. He's a 2nd rounder at best but I wouldn't take him until the 4th because I don't like his attitude. Not sure I'd draft him at all.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I'd be down with a 4th and stash Thomas. Dude is awesome and that could pay huge dividends down the road. What does anyone think we'd get in the 4th that would come in and help right away anyhow? **** doesn't happen on this team.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it makes sense to me, 4th rnd pick. Commonly know as the pick-n-stash. Seriously, it does make sense and I'd pull that trigger!!!

Salute the nation