• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ketchup bowl camp ground for 2020

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2020/06/steelers-making-plans-to-hold-2020-training-camp-at-heinz-f

HOMESTEELERS NEWSSTEELERS WIREPODCASTNFL DRAFT INFOPRIVACY POLICYCONTACT USDONATEGO AD-FREELOGIN
Steelers Depot
HOMESTEELERS NEWSSTEELERS WIREPODCASTNFL DRAFT INFO2020 NFL Scouting Combine Results Tracker2020 Steelers Combine Interview Masterlist (Updating)2020 Steelers Pro Day TrackerPRIVACY POLICYCONTACT USDONATEGO AD-FREELOGIN
STEELERS NEWSSteelers Making Plans To Hold 2020 Training Camp At Heinz Field
ByDave BryanPosted on June 8, 2020 at 4:12 pm 0 Comments
Maybe fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers will be able to see some training camp practices this year in person after all.

On Monday, Burt Lauten, the Steelers Director of Communications, posted on Twitter that the team is making plans to hold their 2020 training camp at Heinz Field.

Burt Lauten

@SteelersPRBurt
The #Steelers are making plans to hold their 2020 Training Camp at Heinz Field.

View image on Twitter
3:57 PM - Jun 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
91 people are talking about this
Just last week the NFL informed its 32 clubs that training camps will be conducted only at team facilities this season. The Steelers share their training facility with the Pittsburgh Panthers and that would make them holding camp there extremely difficult. Additionally, the NFL’s guidelines for player health and safety amid the COVID-19 pandemic may make that a tougher place to hold training camp as they call for teams to maintain physical distancing for players, coaches and other personnel in locker rooms and meeting areas.

OUR LATEST VIDEOS
Heinz Field has locker rooms for both the Steelers and visiting teams as well as other areas that could be utilized for meetings that would allow for more space between those in attendance.

Details are still sketchy as to what Lauten’s declaration might mean for fans hoping to catch Steelers training camp practices in person this summer should they indeed wind up being held at Heinz Field.

The Steelers usually conduct at least one training camp practice at Heinz Field every year as part of the team’s annual Family Fun Fest celebration. That practice usually takes place late in training camp and on a Sunday evening.

With ongoing coronavirus pandemic concerns, fan interaction with players might not take place should any attendance ultimately be allowed at Heinz Field for any of the training camp practices. The team will likely release more details soon concerning the Monday announcement by Lauten.

RELATED ITEMS:HEINZ FIELD, TRAINING CAMP RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Terrible Podcast LogoThe Terrible Podcast – Talking Steelers Training Camp, Heyward Future, Nelson Comments, Listener Emails & MoreWatch: The Depot 180 – June 2nd – Episode 28Steelers Still Reviewing Ticket Renewal Policy As June 1 Deadline Nears

Shop the newest Pittsburgh Steelers fan gear at Fanatics!
HOMESTEELERS NEWSSTEELERS WIREPODCASTNFL DRAFT INFOPRIVACY POLICYCONTACT USDONATEGO AD-FREELOGIN
© 2020 Steelers Depot

TO TOP

AN ELITE CAFEMEDIA PUBLISHER

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I wonder what the housing plan is. Vets with homes stay at home, camp bodies and roster hopefuls put up at a nearby hotel?Or do they rent out an entire hotel nearby or use dorms at nearest college.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what the housing plan is. Vets with homes stay at home, camp bodies and roster hopefuls put up at a nearby hotel?Or do they rent out an entire hotel nearby or use dorms at nearest college.
Will it matter in the grand scheme? Hell one could argue there would be less of interaction in Latrobe than in downtown Pittsburgh. I would think the chances of getting Covid would have increased in a higher populated area. It isn't like the players are on lock down after practice.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Put E'M up in a motel and rely on the CHEATRIOTS to give them an early morning fire alar.................OOoopps I mean wake up call.

I hear yaz slash, I don't have the answer but St. Vincent is a hell of a lot more isolated than down town Hienz. As far as trusting the players to stay home, T'aint happening. If they aren't all bunked in a dormitory or same building then the curfew will be un-enforceable.

If ONLY we had "Tony" still around to consult with on this matter.

Salute the nation

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
idk,, using the stadium instead of St vincents or PMC,,,, makes no sense to me.

i have no doubt they would be at St. Vincent's for camp (even if it was closed to the public) if it weren't for the NFL saying otherwise.