• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Killing time before the draft, Twitter discussion I saw,

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There is only one predictability that works in the long run and that is the guy who can predictably read a defense quick and pick the correct man and put it in his hands. If your legs can buy you some time all the better because Guys get more open. We've seen that with Ben's early career, Russell Wilson and Pat Mahomes. But if your predictability is to escape and run, you can be game planned in a winner take all game with the right defensive pieces. And in the playoffs there is always a team with the right defensive pieces.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Lamar is way faster
Possibly. He passes the eye test as a lot faster. But, he didn't run a 40 at the combine or pro day, and I'm not trusting what Louisville coaches said he ran in 2017. We all know that guys suddenly run faster at their pro days or whenever else they are timed by their own college coaches/staff.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly. He passes the eye test as a lot faster. But, he didn't run a 40 at the combine or pro day, and I'm not trusting what Louisville coaches said he ran in 2017. We all know that guys suddenly run faster at their pro days or whenever else they are timed by their own college coaches/staff.
Yep I don't believe their RB is faster. Let action Jackson run a true 40.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So if he was supposedly so good then, why the hell did he never even make to a SB?
In fairness, we've enjoyed possibly one of the top QBs in league history for quite a few years and it seems they have a pretty tough time even winning a playoff game. There's more to a SB than a single player, regardless of how good he is.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In fairness, we've enjoyed possibly one of the top QBs in league history for quite a few years and it seems they have a pretty tough time even winning a playoff game. There's more to a SB than a single player, regardless of how good he is.

My point was that at the time - 1997-2001 - the Steelers defense was excellent, its offensive line excellent, its RB excellent, the WR's were excellent. One key position was below-par and that was QB.

So saying he would be a superstar in "today's game" (whatever that means) is absurd.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
There is no doubt Kordell would be a star in this era. He was way ahead of his time. Had he stayed Slash he could have continued breaking records. It is what it is and it led us to Ben a few years after the fact.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
There is no doubt Kordell would be a star in this era. He was way ahead of his time. Had he stayed Slash he could have continued breaking records. It is what it is and it led us to Ben a few years after the fact.
Cam Newton or Mike vick kind of star

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The thing is every qb is a better passer nowadays because of the systems... I remember a bunch of sports guys including stan savran saying he had the best touch on the football in practice he had seen....

The one thing kordell couldn’t get past was his own head... he was mentally weak....

Idiots called him gay... he couldn’t let it go and just realize those idiots were just dumbasses... he let it get to him....

he didn’t start out firing 100 mph wormballs... after the 97 afccg when imbaciles blamed him for being stupid and throwing picks for the loss, he had to prove he was a pocket passer... he was afraid to tgrow picks so he zipped uncatchable balls that often ironically were tipped into worse picks... he settled down later, sure... but his issues were between the ears and I don’t know if this era fixes that