• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kyle Trask, Ben's replacement?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They brought back Ben. They have to cobble together the best team they can put on the field to help him. You cannot have one foot in and one foot out on this. Spending a high value pick on Trask is a wasted pick. He is only better than Rudolph on speculation anyhow.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Every move is important and it all hinges on the 2021 season with Ben. They may want to look at QB, but it doesn't make sense with all of the glaring holes the team has, and that's just to be competitve to give Ben a chance.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
To me you go sign the best UFA QB next offseason and try to continue winning until we are forced the draft a QB in R1. The core of this team is still very good and young.

We can replenish if we draft correctly and don't overreach.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Our next franchise QB is either in High School or Diapers right now. they just don't fall off trees

Maybe not but at least one face planted off a motorcycle. (lol)

The odds of us drafting a HOF FRANCHISE QB on our first attempt is slim, very slim. You may be right as to how long it takes to find one.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
there's not a decent FA QB for 2022

Between that and iffy QB class next off-season if Trask is viewed as a franchise QB to them you take him. If he is their BPA you take him. If they don't see him as any of that then you obviously pick the BPA on their board instead.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Trask, but think he'll be more of a Trent Dilfer than anyone else. Which isnt bad. Just means we'd need to be defense-heavy and have a strong run game.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
HOF Franchise QB. Very unlikely. A really good QB that could win playoff games and maybe a SB. Not impossible at all.
Well from 1933 until 1969 the Steelers won zero championships. 1970 they draft Bradshaw,he wins 4 superbowls. HOF franchise qb. Bradshaw retires after the 1983 season. The Steelers draft Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. HOF franchise qb he wins 2 superbowl in 3 appearances.

Oh yeah ,we had some guy named Neil O'Donnell screw the pooch for is in superbowl xxx in 1995. Not even close to a HOF and he bailed after that game. Which was his last as a Steeler.

So since 1933, 2 guys have got the job done. Just 2 men in 88 years. If you want to bring it into modern superbowl era then the last 50 years.

I've had a bunch of seasons watching quarterbacks whom I knew we had zero chance of winning a championship with.

I am less than optimistic about them finding that guy anytime soon when Ben is gone.

We will more than likely have a new HC before that happens. We will certainly have to hit a low point to get a draft pick that high to take a shot.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
When comparing him to Rudy statistically I see the comparison that is floating around. But when you look closer Trask's air yards they improved yearly. His accuracy was better too. Which has been Rudy's problem so far iffy accuracy. Rudy had the highest air yard season which speaks to his slightly reported stronger arm. Trask has been know to be able to throw WRs open. To me statistically it shows that he is capable of being more accurate. The Steelers would have the game tape to see if they viewed his arm strength capable of making all the NFL throws. I would not be shocked if they have him rated higher than they did with Rudy coming out. All things equal maybe they go with the RB or T. Things not equal maybe they pull the trigger on him or a pass rusher. Either way I think the 1st rounder will be one of the 4 positions unless they trade down. If they trade up it would be probably for a different QB. Draft inches closer!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
When comparing him to Rudy statistically I see the comparison that is floating around. But when you look closer Trask's air yards they improved yearly. His accuracy was better too. Which has been Rudy's problem so far iffy accuracy. Rudy had the highest air yard season which speaks to his slightly reported stronger arm. Trask has been know to be able to throw WRs open. To me statistically it shows that he is capable of being more accurate. The Steelers would have the game tape to see if they viewed his arm strength capable of making all the NFL throws. I would not be shocked if they have him rated higher than they did with Rudy coming out. All things equal maybe they go with the RB or T. Things not equal maybe they pull the trigger on him or a pass rusher. Either way I think the 1st rounder will be one of the 4 positions unless they trade down. If they trade up it would be probably for a different QB. Draft inches closer!
The Steelers had a first round grade on Rudy. Let that sink in a moment. IMO Trask is better off in a warm weathered or dome stadium. I prefer Mac Jones over Trask big time.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
you dont need to look at the stats to see how bad Rudolph is. He's scared in the pocket. He flings he ball, doesnt throw it. He's lacking a lot of the qualities you want in a QB.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers had a first round grade on Rudy. Let that sink in a moment. IMO Trask is better off in a warm weathered or dome stadium. I prefer Mac Jones over Trask big time.
Yeah everyone knows they had a first round grade on Rudy. What is your point pure genius? BTW yeah I read where he hasn't played in a cold weather environment. I am sure your brilliant opinion came from that. Yeah no way could he play in Pittsburgh because it has cold weather. 🙄 His head is probably too big as well.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah everyone knows they had a first round grade on Rudy. What is your point pure genius? BTW yeah I read where he hasn't played in a cold weather environment. I am sure your brilliant opinion came from that. Yeah no way could he play in Pittsburgh because it has cold weather. 🙄 His head is probably too big as well.

My point you fool is if they had a first round grade on Rudy, what faith do you have in them to pick Ben's successor?

Trask has an iffy arm, so they say and fumbles too often. Don't put him in a place where the weather will be an issue. Ie. Heinz Field.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
My point you fool is if they had a first round grade on Rudy, what faith do you have in them to pick Ben's successor?

Trask has an iffy arm, so they say and fumbles too often. Don't put him in a place where the weather will be an issue. Ie. Heinz Field.
Well they didn't pick Rudy in the first or second so from that standpoint I would say that was a cheap risk. Majority of the time the Steelers aren't in a position to draft a QB high so a little hard to truly measure how well they would do. Definitely not going to judge them on a third round QB. Only a fool would do that. They did draft that HOF QB that has only had what one losing season? Or should that be left out of your crayon assessment? Trask has a iffy arm huh where did you read that garbage? "They say" he fumbles too often. Who is they? Only person fumbling is you with the lack of facts and holding on to what a draft site says without seeing the guy play one game.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Well they didn't pick Rudy in the first or second so from that standpoint I would say that was a cheap risk. Majority of the time the Steelers aren't in a position to draft a QB high so a little hard to truly measure how well they would do. Definitely not going to judge them on a third round QB. Only a fool would do that. They did draft that HOF QB that has only had what one losing season? Or should that be left out of your crayon assessment? Trask has a iffy arm huh where did you read that garbage? "They say" he fumbles too often. Who is they? Only person fumbling is you with the lack of facts and holding on to what a draft site says without seeing the guy play one game.
Dickless,

Trash fumbled 5 times in 2019 and 5 times in 2020. Oh you need a link? https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player/kyle-trask

The Steelers had a first round grade on Rudy, that's scary. If Ben was 39 back then they probably take Rudy in round one or two.

Trask badly folded in his bowl game. And he backed away from the senior bowl where he needs to prove some things. Hmmmm....we'll see how he works out. I think he's a little slow.

I did not say bad arm, I'll say average. The velocity on the ball and amount of air he needs isn't impressive. Not saying his range is the issue. Never mind, I'm talking to an idiot.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Dickless,

Trash fumbled 5 times in 2019 and 5 times in 2020. Oh you need a link? https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player/kyle-trask

The Steelers had a first round grade on Rudy, that's scary. If Ben was 39 back then they probably take Rudy in round one or two.

Trask badly folded in his bowl game. And he backed away from the senior bowl where he needs to prove some things. Hmmmm....we'll see how he works out. I think he's a little slow.

I did not say bad arm, I'll say average. The velocity on the ball and amount of air he needs isn't impressive. Not saying his range is the issue. Never mind, I'm talking to an idiot.
How many of Trask's skill players were out for that bowl game dipshit? You of all people should never call anyone an idiot. You are the king window licker when it comes to football and the draft it isn't even close. So you are on record as saying Trask will have a fumbling problem in the pros? The guy had a shitload of snaps so you will get some bad mixed in right? Sure he can clean up that minor issue or not?

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
let Matt Canada work with mason and Haskins in minicamp and pre-season, let see how much mason accuracy and pocket presence improves, if Haskins can show signs he can be the beast he was in the big 10 and give mason a healthy run, I would love to see Haskins light 3rd string D and then mason and Dwane get almost = PT vs 2nd and even first string in August. If haskins shows he is ready to play like the top 20 pick he was

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
How many of Trask's skill players were out for that bowl game dipshit? You of all people should never call anyone an idiot. You are the king window licker when it comes to football and the draft it isn't even close. So you are on record as saying Trask will have a fumbling problem in the pros? The guy had a shitload of snaps so you will get some bad mixed in right? Sure he can clean up that minor issue or not?

Idiot, you play with the skill players that are invited and play in the Senior Bowl, which included one Tervon Grimes from the Gators who caught 9 TD passes last season from guess who? Suddenly your comment is horse piss. DUH. Not only did Trask fumble often, he lost them too often. Do you watch the games? Turnovers to me are not minor issues. Keep in mind they play less games in college, otherwise the number would be higher. What will happen when NFL people hit him?

Sometimes I think you pulling my leg as very few people could be that stupid.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Idiot, you play with the skill players that are invited and play in the Senior Bowl, which included one Tervon Grimes from the Gators who caught 9 TD passes last season from guess who? Suddenly your comment is horse piss. DUH. Not only did Trask fumble often, he lost them too often. Do you watch the games? Turnovers to me are not minor issues. Keep in mind they play less games in college, otherwise the number would be higher. What will happen when NFL people hit him?

Sometimes I think you pulling my leg as very few people could be that stupid.

Yeah the other bowl he performed well in means nothing. You know that four hundred yard -three TD game against power house Alabama where he wasn't missing his star players? I am sure glad you aren't our GM, every contract would be written in crayon and half the team would be traded twatwaffle. I notice lately you haven't took anyone's bets. We know why that is deep down you yourself know your a dumb ****.🤣

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't care how many times they say that because I'll never believe it. You don't pick a QB in the third round if you believe they had a first-round grade.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't care how many times they say that because I'll never believe it. You don't pick a QB in the third round if you believe they had a first-round grade.
Unless their second round pick had a first grade too. Even then nobody else thought he was a first rounder going late in three. As a shitload of teams had him available in two.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Unless their second round pick had a first grade too. Even then nobody else thought he was a first rounder going late in three. As a shitload of teams had him available in two.
No way James Washington had a first-round grade. Heck, if you take Edmunds (questionable first-round talent) over a QB, there is no way they had a first-round grade.