• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Larry Ogunjobi signed to a 3 year deal

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I must of missed this........why didn’t he sign? They actually offered him this contract? I mean he signed a $8M with us.
He had a foot injury he sustained during the playoffs with the Bengals. Chicago's Drs didn't feel he had progressed enough by March to sign him to the deal offered. So, he sat around until he could prove the foot had healed enough that he would be able to play last season. The Steelers swooped him up at that time.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How come I can't verify this at all. I'm laughing my ****** *** off if it's true.

ANY other sources for this bit of news and why the hell didn’t we re-sign him before he got expensive ???

SARCASM ALERT !!!

Salute the nation

steelreeling

Reaction score
Expected to lose Ogunjobi, I'm guessing he will only play better this year. He failed a physical a year ago with the foot injury and even though he played, the foot had to affect him. Today was a good day.
i was hoping they'd lose him but also trade for somebody better.

Either that or they switched to the 4-3...
cause nothing is gonna get better until they get a good damn zero. not even if they somehow draft the god of all inside linebackers.

Unfortunately,. i dont see a draft pcik starting so Ogubjob gonna start, and the D is most likely gonna continue to have problems. damn

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

cause nothing is gonna get better until they get a good damn zero. not even if they somehow draft the god of all inside linebackers.

Unfortunately,. i dont see a draft pcik starting so Ogubjob gonna start, and the D is most likely gonna continue to have problems. damn

The next Casey Hampton isnt walking through that door, get used to it

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

giphy.gif

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Glad Ogunjobi is coming back. Thought he was underrated in solidifying the defensive line last year. Guy is in the backfield a lot.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score

Well, with Ogunjobi they gave up 650 fewer yards against the run in 2022 than they did without him in 2021 so I guess something did get better.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, with Ogunjobi they gave up 650 fewer yards against the run in 2022 than they did without him in 2021 so I guess something did get better.
Yep he clogged those lanes. Held his ground. That run D was embarrassing before he came. I am glad he was resigned.

steelreeling

Reaction score
i dont know how the Un-**** this defense then.

Can't afford an All-Pro at every single position on the defense.

All-Pros Minkah, TJ, Ahkello and Cam need something.

steelreeling

Reaction score
Eh. i grant you that.

i think you got to see more - JMO.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Bush is a Seahawk. This will be very interesting to me. I've long believed they actually still teach football over there. This will definitely be the ultimate test.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

You SIR are absolutely right. This defensive scheme doesn’t want (require) a NT Type, most of the time.

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
You SIR are absolutely right. This defensive scheme doesn’t want (require) a NT Type, most of the time.

Salute the nation
Yes this defense is built on slow LBs trying to chase fast TEs or slot WRs and trying to stop the run with 2 DE lines it’s quite simple, the position of being badass and stuffing the other team and allowing LBs to run clean has been phased out.

If we just have 13-14 first round picks on this D it just make work though, patience. Tomlin is still working things out and getting his feet wet with this coaching gig.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think the cry about the 2 DL thing is as laughable as saying the Steelers play 34 defense. TJ Watt is a defensive End people he is not a linebacker. He probably drops coverage less than 10 times a year. A true nose is like a fullback. You might even have one on the team, but unless he can play multiple techs in multiple situations he is only playing short yardage.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the cry about the 2 DL thing is as laughable as saying the Steelers play 34 defense. TJ Watt is a defensive End people he is not a linebacker. He probably drops coverage less than 10 times a year. A true nose is like a fullback. You might even have one on the team, but unless he can play multiple techs in multiple situations he is only playing short yardage.
It was not a coincidente that the defense improved against the run when playing with 3 big DTs upfront. Call it a 4-3 if you want to see Watt as a DE but the truth is that without 3 mammoths up there the team was getting gashed on the ground. Whether it was Leal as the 3rd DT or Adams or Wormley it helped a lot

The D needs 3 DTs up front in early downs and short yardage situations.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It was not a coincidente that the defense improved against the run when playing with 3 big DTs upfront. Call it a 4-3 if you want to see Watt as a DE but the truth is that without 3 mammoths up there the team was getting gashed on the ground. Whether it was Leal as the 3rd DT or Adams or Wormley it helped a lot

The D needs 3 DTs up front in early downs and short yardage situations.

I know defenses switch packages with-in packages. Our “D” seems to get stuck in the 2DL way way too often. I can’t blame opposing offenses for doing that and locking in, a sure way to exploit our “D”.

Our “D” scheme is old and redundant. Offenses carve us up even with inexperienced QBs and offensive cordinators.

Our OC seems to be taken advantage of also by letting the opposing “D” dictate what we do……….. wrong chess game As ours is playing checkers.

Salute the nation