• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LB Kion Wilson Cut - Steelers sign rookie CB Lew Toler

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Toler seems like camp Fodder. Steelers actually have some (unproven) depth at inside linebacker, especially if Spence is healthy.

xjx

Reaction score
Wow. At least kion had a year learning dick lebeaus complicated defense. They must see something in the other lbs that kion didn't have.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It would be something if the new kid would stick. He must have something they like.

Salute the nation

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't be the start of training camp without releasing someone with knowledge of the playbook so that Arizona or New England can pick him up and quiz him.

Wingman

Reaction score
Maybe it means they think spence will be better than the kid they released and wanted to try and help another position.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Just seems like a numbers move to me. They have many young ILBs who need lots of practice reps but are much lighter at CB.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Spence is on the mend. We are DEEP at ILB now.

bmoritz

Reaction score
I don't think Lew is anything but camp fodder. Looks to me like they knew Wilson didn't have a shot at real playing time, so letting him go now was kind of a favor to him. Agree with Cope, I think this is a good sign for Spence and his recovery.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don't think Lew is anything but camp fodder. Looks to me like they knew Wilson didn't have a shot at real playing time, so letting him go now was kind of a favor to him. Agree with Cope, I think this is a good sign for Spence and his recovery.

Agreed. This must mean Spence and Shazier looked good an OTA's and I just read that Terence Garvin got praise from Butler. That means we are deep and young at ILB and Wilson had little or no chance at making the 53 man so cutting him helps him try to catch on during camp with a team that is light at MLB. CB we are very weak and having as many bodies in camp and hoping some steps up is probably the idea. Lew Toler is probably just a camp body but who know maybe he flashes and gets himself on the PS and develops into something from there. Never know.