• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lebron back to Cleveland

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Point 1... Who the **** goes back to Cleveland? its where sports dreams go to die. I hope he gets a great contract and a good psychiatrist because you know that town is going to have a couple soul-crushing defeats before he has his inevitable career ending injury.

Point 2... It would be awesome if he reneges and signs with the heat in another gut punch desertion of that town... dress like Darth Vader and totally old school WWF them...

Point 3... I am fairly certain LeBron has to be a major attention *****... LOOK AT ME GUYS... I AM IMPORTANT!!!!

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I think he treated them like **** when he left and wouldn't want him back as a fan.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I think he treated them like **** when he left and wouldn't want him back as a fan.

He abandoned Cleveland, like a dirty dish rag, and the city burned him in effigy. Now he is being treated like the 2nd Coming of Christ.
How sad. But I guess that when you are Cleveland, you take anything you can get.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You can say you wouldn't want him back but if you were in the same situation, you'd take him back. He learned a lot by leaving. His coming back makes them instant contenders for the next 6 to 8 years.

As much as I don't like Cleveland, I can see them winning at least one and possibly two NBA championships now.

steelermania

Reaction score
He abandoned Cleveland, like a dirty dish rag, and the city burned him in effigy. Now he is being treated like the 2nd Coming of Christ.
How sad. But I guess that when you are Cleveland, you take anything you can get.

When you have come up empty since 1964, you take what you can get. If you were ugly, and Charlize Theron called you an ugly troll in front of a crowd, but a few years later wanted to move in with you, would you tell her to go to hell, or would you happily smash it?

Pride won't get them a parade, but if they land Kevin Love, there will be a parade in Cleveland, and it won't be the Browns. Did anyone notice that fool Joe Haden saying the Stains might win the SB before the Cavs win the NBA. LOL!

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

So you wouldn't want a local player, who just so happens to be the best in the game, to come back to your team? Ok...

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
You can say you wouldn't want him back but if you were in the same situation, you'd take him back. He learned a lot by leaving. His coming back makes them instant contenders for the next 6 to 8 years.

As much as I don't like Cleveland, I can see them winning at least one and possibly two NBA championships now.

Well I thought he could opt out in 2015 or 2016 so we could be going through the Lebron saga again....

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
good for Cleveland. They should be very optimistic for two of the major sports teams for the next 3-5 years. Nothing is guaranteed, but they will have something to really look forward to again. The Cavs will be Championship or Bust, but I don't see it. LJ had a great supporting cast in Miami. Getting that in Clev will be a challenge and pricey.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him back. He had every right to go play elsewhere, but the way he did it - the nationally televised 'infomercial' where he was going to win 'not, 3, not 4, not 5 .... championships', etc., etc., - that was just a slap in the face for Cleveland. He is not the best in the game - lazy on defense, streak shooter. I'll take Durant any day. His love of Cleveland is shown again since he only committed to 2 years. IF they can land Love, they will be a contender, if not, Lebrick and Irving alone won't be enough to win a title.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
His love of Cleveland is shown again since he only committed to 2 years. IF they can land Love, they will be a contender, if not, Lebrick and Irving alone won't be enough to win a title.

Or so he can opt out and sign a max deal next year or sign a long-term max deal after the new TV rights kick in.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think people are reading too much into the 2 year contract. As much as I'd like him to leave and screw Cleveland in the future I just don't think that's happening. He took two years so he could opt out after this year or two years from now too either be able to get more money or take less to help sign some FA.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I thought he could opt out in 2015 or 2016 so we could be going through the Lebron saga again....

He said he will work on a long term contract. Moneywise, this was a smart move. There will be a new bargaining agreement and a higher cap next year. Plus, he can get more on a maximum contract from the team he currently will be playing for rather than in free agency. He's heading home to win a championship but he certainly is going to maximize how much he makes also.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him back. He had every right to go play elsewhere, but the way he did it - the nationally televised 'infomercial' where he was going to win 'not, 3, not 4, not 5 .... championships', etc., etc., - that was just a slap in the face for Cleveland. He is not the best in the game - lazy on defense, streak shooter. I'll take Durant any day. His love of Cleveland is shown again since he only committed to 2 years. IF they can land Love, they will be a contender, if not, Lebrick and Irving alone won't be enough to win a title.

You're nuts, lebron over durant all day, every day (no, i'm not a lebron fan, always hated the heat). Lebron lazy on defense? He can defend just about any position on the court, to include the opposition's center.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I like Durant, but Cleveland is getting one of the very top stars in the NBA for a few years will generate excitement. For that city and franchise, it's a big deal. James very well is in his prime and is bringing two rings back with him to a city that craves a winner. It will be interesting how fast and to what extent the ownership gets the pieces James and the Cavs need to be at the Heat caliber of beef.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
A city that hasnt won sh*t in the last 6 decades- and some of you wouldn't want the best player in the world, a local hero, to hopefully bring a title to that destitute depressing city?!? Yeah okk....

In fact, all of the crap between the owner and his BS letter, and fans publicly burning his jersey? I would say the city of Cleveland should be grateful that he would ever consider returning to those idiots...

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
still the cavs aside from erving have too many young players to go deep, the Cream of the East even with LBJ in the East will in order
1 Indiana
2 New York
3 Toronto
4 Clevland
5 chicago
6 charlotte
7 Atlanta
8 Miami

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
still the cavs aside from erving have too many young players to go deep, the Cream of the East even with LBJ in the East will in order
1 Indiana
2 New York
3 Toronto
4 Clevland
5 chicago
6 charlotte
7 Atlanta
8 Miami

No way in hell the knicks are the 2nd team in the east, and I'm a knick fan. I freakin wish.

Knicks have a loooong way to go, and thats WITH carmelo anthony having re-signed

Last edited:

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
No way in hell the knicks are the 2nd team in the east, and I'm a knick fan. I freakin wish.

Knicks have a loooong way to go, and thats WITH carmelo anthony having re-signed

they have the talent its just to many headcases and before ceo's telling the gm what to but with the zen master I think he will unload trash and after just seing gasol sign with the bulls and deng to miami I think its time for rnd 2
1 indiana
2 chicago
3 toronto
4 cleveland
5 new york
6 charlotte
7 miami
8 atlanta

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
So you wouldn't want a local player, who just so happens to be the best in the game, to come back to your team? Ok...

Yes. I wouldn't like to root for a player who treated the fans like absolute garbage.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I wouldn't like to root for a player who treated the fans like absolute garbage.

How did he treat them like garbage? He made a public affair out of his decision but hes always been a great off the court community leader.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
The owner and team management treated him like trash by signing bums who used to be good and were over the hill or guys that were just never good and expecting James to lead them to the playoffs and win championships with them... he gave them multiple warnings along the way... While the made-for-tv decision was not the best idea, i will still point out the amount of money he raised for the Boys and Girls club.

Lebron is the best in the league and it is not close. I realize it is a different league now with more talent concentrated on certain teams, but the supporting cast with this Cavs team would beat the supporting cast of the Cavs team that Lebron took to the finals by 20 points routinely if they played each other...

Are they favorite? Vegas likes them but Vegas doesn't always make the team they think will win it all the favorite. They place odds up to try to manage the money going to one team or another to make sure they do not get killed if one team hits... They also may be trying to make up for some 60-1 (or whatever the odds were) championship odds bets that have already been placed on the Cavs...

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
they have the talent its just to many headcases and before ceo's telling the gm what to but with the zen master I think he will unload trash and after just seing gasol sign with the bulls and deng to miami I think its time for rnd 2
1 indiana
2 chicago
3 toronto
4 cleveland
5 new york
6 charlotte
7 miami
8 atlanta

Ok now this list i can see playing out, definitely

Lmob0621

Reaction score
He said he will work on a long term contract. Moneywise, this was a smart move. There will be a new bargaining agreement and a higher cap next year. Plus, he can get more on a maximum contract from the team he currently will be playing for rather than in free agency. He's heading home to win a championship but he certainly is going to maximize how much he makes also.

He is setting himself up to get the max in 2016 when the salary cap is going to take a huge jump due to a new TV contract and he will only be 31...