• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lebron back to Cleveland

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Yes. I wouldn't like to root for a player who treated the fans like absolute garbage.

I never liked LeBron and the moment he went on TV, he vaulted into my top-five least favorite athletes. He learned from his mistake and clearly got by it. No issues at all with him wanting to come back and lead his hometown team. He knows how much he means to the team and that city and is clearly ready to finish his career there. Fans would be insane to not root for him. They instantly went from a garbage team that no one cares about to a perennial championship contender.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I never liked LeBron and the moment he went on TV, he vaulted into my top-five least favorite athletes. He learned from his mistake and clearly got by it. No issues at all with him wanting to come back and lead his hometown team. He knows how much he means to the team and that city and is clearly ready to finish his career there. Fans would be insane to not root for him. They instantly went from a garbage team that no one cares about to a perennial championship contender.

I would definitely root for him. I'd root for anyone to be successful on my favorite team, which doesn't necessarily mean I would like said player.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome snide comment, brah!

Seriously, if you dont like the NBA, why even bother commenting on it?

Good point.
No differing opinions should be allowed on this discussion board.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I didn't and do not care where he signed. However, the attention it got on the sports shows was nauseating. I know summer is slow for sports but this whole deal was ridiculous.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Personally, I didn't and do not care where he signed. However, the attention it got on the sports shows was nauseating. I know summer is slow for sports but this whole deal was ridiculous.

He is the best player in the world in the sport where individuals make the biggest difference...there were basically zero free agent signings until he signed because everyone was waiting to see where he landed... Cleveland went from a 60-1 longshot to one of the favorites to win the title with one signing... Players are actually thinking about moving to Cleveland??? Trust me, it isn't because of the ladies there... It is big news. It is the biggest free agent signing since he left Cleveland and possibly bigger because of the magnitude of it for the Cleveland area.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

It was good business for ESPN. I blame the machine, not the player.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, it was a dick move. Sorry. I used to love the NBA, I cannot stand it now. Carry on folks, I will be watching soccer....lol

You don't have to apologize. The NBA sucks. It is one step above the WWF. It gives preferential treatment to it's stars. There is very little defense practiced. It is easy to fix a game, and I'm sure it happens more often than we know. There is a reason only 6% consider it their favorite sport, versus 5% for hockey, and behind car racing. I see hockey eclipsing it in less than five years.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
It is easy to fix a game, and I'm sure it happens more often than we know. There is a reason only 6% consider it their favorite sport, versus 5% for hockey, and behind car racing. I see hockey eclipsing it in less than five years.

go to bed hammy, you're drunk

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
double post, my bad. I guess I'm the drunk :D

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking that you have some disagreements with what I said. Based on your response, I have no idea what they may be.

That you actually think that the nba is unpopular is laughable. And I'm sorry, hockey is awesome, but it isnt surpassing the nba in popularity anytime soon, not even close. If you hate basketball, fine, but dont let your hate jade you.

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
That you actually think that the nba is unpopular is laughable. And I'm sorry, hockey is awesome, but it isnt surpassing the nba in popularity anytime soon, not even close. If you hate basketball, fine, but dont let your hate jade you.

I never said I hated basketball. I never said I hated any of the players, hell, I couldn't name five if I had to. I have big problems with the NBA, and how it administers the game.

Here is link regarding professional sports popularity.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10354114/harris-poll-nfl-most-popular-mlb-2nd

Hockey closing in on B-ball.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
No, it isnt. Throw up any link you want. Rub your eyes, blink hard if you have to, and see reality for what it is. Again, dont let yourself be jaded by your feelings on the sport/league.

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
No, it isnt. Throw up any link you want. Rub your eyes, blink hard if you have to, and see reality for what it is. Again, dont let yourself be jaded by your feelings on the sport/league.
I post a link to a reputable poll, and all you say is, I'm right and you're wrong.

Your ability to convince needs some work.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
I post a link to a reputable poll, and all you say is, I'm right and you're wrong.

Your ability to convince needs some work.

Lol, an espn article citing a harris poll? Didnt espn essentially kick the nhl to the curb about a decade ago, after the lockout?

I tell ya what. The day that the nhl surpasses the nba, show me the evidence and i wont say another word of it.

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol, an espn article citing a harris poll? Didnt espn essentially kick the nhl to the curb about a decade ago, after the lockout?

I tell ya what. The day that the nhl surpasses the nba, show me the evidence and i wont say another word of it.

So, you've got nothing?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
So, you've got nothing?

Hammy-ham wants a link?

Here's a link to the ratings for the last couple stanley cup finals:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_Finals_television_ratings

Here's a link to an espn article about the recent nba finals ratings:
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11093667&src=desktop

When you click on the "American Television" option on the NHL link, you can scan the last few seasons and see that the ratings for the NHL's championship series doesnt come close to the numbers for the NBA's. See, I understand that harris polls are popular to latch onto, but I prefer hard data. When the ratings are NOT EVEN CLOSE to one another, it makes it hard to accept your stance that hockey will soon surpass the nba in popularity. When you ALSO consider the storyline of Lebron returning to his home to try and seek redemption, it makes it all the easier for the nba to command our attention. Now, if you were to make this arguments in the late 90's/early 2000's, I might be inclined to agree with you; as it now stands, I have to disagree.

Last edited:

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
Hammy-ham wants a link?

Here's a link to the ratings for the last couple stanley cup finals:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_Finals_television_ratings

Here's a link to an espn article about the recent nba finals ratings:
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11093667&src=desktop

When you click on the "American Television" option on the NHL link, you can scan the last few seasons and see that the ratings for the NHL's championship series doesnt come close to the numbers for the NBA's. See, I understand that harris polls are popular to latch onto, but I prefer hard data. When the ratings are NOT EVEN CLOSE to one another, it makes it hard to accept your stance that hockey will soon surpass the nba in popularity. When you ALSO consider the storyline of Lebron returning to his home to try and seek redemption, it makes it all the easier for the nba to command our attention. Now, if you were to make this arguments in the late 90's/early 2000's, I might be inclined to agree with you; as it now stands, I have to disagree.

I certainly cannot argue with those stats. The Lebron James Flying Circus definitely has it's fan appeal, in a soap opera kind of way. But I don't think it tells the whole story. NHL Hockey is on the upswing, and growing, despite the recent lockout. It is not quite there yet, as I have already conceded, but it will get there, for the reasons cited in these articles.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01...basketball-in-detroit-and-across-the-country/

http://upperdeckblog.com/2014/01/six-reasons-why-the-nhl-is-increasing-in-popularity-in-the-usa/

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...s-diversity/dCns32Pu6cGfVcLpBPuBTN/story.html

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/behind-numbers-nhl-attendance-surpassing-nba

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree