• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Rick TO'shea has always been a favourite.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I like what I heard in the presser today. Now, very interested in seeing what deals are made to strengthen the team. Heard that a "significant" move is coming. Neal? Letang? MAF? Geno?? We'll see. . .

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I like what I heard in the presser today. Now, very interested in seeing what deals are made to strengthen the team. Heard that a "significant" move is coming. Neal? Letang? MAF? Geno?? We'll see. . .

I heard they are listening to offers for Neal.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Geno won't be happy. But somewhere in the last year Neal got the idea that he needed to up his physical game which would be okay if he'd have been smarter about it. Too many stupid penalties.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score

Doubt it'll be Geno, since Johnston was quick to say that a roster with two world-class centermen like Sid and Geno anchoring the top two lines is ideal for his system. I would hate to see Neal go, because he's been a hard worker and seems to keep Malkin on his game.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Doubt it'll be Geno, since Johnston was quick to say that a roster with two world-class centermen like Sid and Geno anchoring the top two lines is ideal for his system. I would hate to see Neal go, because he's been a hard worker and seems to keep Malkin on his game.

yea, I can't see them dealing Geno either. If they deal Neal, it depends what they receive in return. His "dirty" play has come into question of late, so if they want to rid themselves of another Matt Cooke-type black cloud that hangs over the team, he probably will be dealt. I'm still hoping Evander Kane is wearing B&G soon. I love his skills and he is still young. Him and Sid could tear the league up.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Go figure that they've been looking for a scoring winger and now may be looking to ship him out of town...

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
yea, I can't see them dealing Geno either. If they deal Neal, it depends what they receive in return. His "dirty" play has come into question of late, so if they want to rid themselves of another Matt Cooke-type black cloud that hangs over the team, he probably will be dealt. I'm still hoping Evander Kane is wearing B&G soon. I love his skills and he is still young. Him and Sid could tear the league up.

A guy like Brian Bickell is one of the reasons Kane has so much time and space. The new coaches will understand that better.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tocchet will show these bums how to be physical in front of the goalie. That was one of our major weaknesses in the playoffs. We never had someone planted in front of the goalie.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Tocchet will show these bums how to be physical in front of the goalie. That was one of our major weaknesses in the playoffs. We never had someone planted in front of the goalie.

That's been a weakness for a couple of years at least. And on the flip side Fleury, assuming he stays, needs to adopt a little Barasso-ness, ie, making it "uncomfortable" for guys that plant in front of him.