• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell: Will He? Won’t He? Who Cares??

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By G.Stryker: Le’Veon Bell has been as predictable as the weather, as he’s thrown out assurances, cryptic tweets, and upside down messages to further confound his holdout status. *First he assured his team entering the season, that he would be there week 1. He didn’t show. Instead, he upset a lot of his friends on […]

More...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Our podcast cohost called me today. He's been tweeting back and forth with Bell's brother, and send him a hard truth. Bell is not as good as Todd Gurley and shouldn't expect his money. Funny enough, Bell's brother shared it with Bell who texted Brad this morning. They had a quick back and forth, but it seems like Bell's camp is not giving Bell an honest look at his true value, or the cost of this holdout.

From the tweets with Bell's family, they don't expect Bell to sign. Though Bell is still in the area, so there is still some mystery in this whole situation.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
The drama ends tomorrow, and Mr. Bell controls his destiny. If he doesn't show, will his ego be bruised because no Steeler fan will care?

In the not too distant future you will regret being such a jackass. The Steelers as an organization and SteelerNation will go on, and you will be an asterisk in their history.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Who cares. He doesn't play defense. Glad it ends tomorrow and we can bury it for good.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
There should be a prediction thread.

I think he signs, sits for a couple weeks, then spells Conner for our playoff run. Then we let him go sign elsewhere, hopefully with a big fat ring.

steelhurt

Reaction score
The only reason I wish he would sign and emphasize the only reason is insurance for Connor. We have to have a healthy RB going down the stretch and into the playoffs.
I just don’t trust Ridley and JaySam at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Will alm come to an end tomorrow. Thank Christ.

I can’t wait until 4:00pm tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Who cares, I will be glad when the time comes and Bell goes.

Who cares. He doesn't play defense. Glad it ends tomorrow and we can bury it for good.

I hear what you are all saying but even if he "NO SHOWS" it won't be over. He will have to sign next year and we go through the trade motions and then he is gone Johnson and good to be gone once and for all.

Somewhere in the back of my head I have a twing he is going to show and sign. Some think that would be a great insurance policy but I'm not sure how he will be towards his role or effort. I'd expect him to be top of the line in both aspects or bring in the third party both physical and phsyco doctors to determine if he is football ready. The phsyco would throw him I for a loop but then again that's what he did to the STEELERS as well. I know this seems a little out there but Oh well...............

Salute the nation

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take door number #3: Who cares?

Arrivederci LeVeon! "May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night."

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
4:01pm, I wish the Steelers would give #30 a $1M performance bonus as a FU to Bell and make sure it's leaked to the press.

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wish we had solid clarification on what his not signing would mean for next season. 2nd year tag? 3rd? As long as the Steelers do whatever it takes to get Max value from him I'm good.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
bet he tears his hamstring signing the contract tomorrow, with St. Deebo by his side.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I hear what you are all saying but even if he "NO SHOWS" it won't be over. He will have to sign next year and we go through the trade motions and then he is gone Johnson and good to be gone once and for all.

Somewhere in the back of my head I have a twing he is going to show and sign. Some think that would be a great insurance policy but I'm not sure how he will be towards his role or effort. I'd expect him to be top of the line in both aspects or bring in the third party both physical and phsyco doctors to determine if he is football ready. The phsyco would throw him I for a loop but then again that's what he did to the STEELERS as well. I know this seems a little out there but Oh well...............

Salute the nation
I could be wrong and you could be right. I think the Steelers let him walk. I think if there was an easy mechanism to get direct compensation before the draft I'd tend to agree with you. I don't think there is.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong and you could be right. I think the Steelers let him walk. I think if there was an easy mechanism to get direct compensation before the draft I'd tend to agree with you. I don't think there is.

I believe the part that the Steelers can tag transition tag him, as a few threads have mentioned. I know it is up for debate if it is accurate. But he never signed this tag for this year....

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Our podcast cohost called me today. He's been tweeting back and forth with Bell's brother, and send him a hard truth. Bell is not as good as Todd Gurley and shouldn't expect his money. Funny enough, Bell's brother shared it with Bell who texted Brad this morning. They had a quick back and forth, but it seems like Bell's camp is not giving Bell an honest look at his true value, or the cost of this holdout.

From the tweets with Bell's family, they don't expect Bell to sign. Though Bell is still in the area, so there is still some mystery in this whole situation.

****, looking at the numbers and the way the team is performing right now, Bell isn't as good as our very own James Conner, so I'd say all things being equal, it's a damn lucky thing he didn't sign that deal. Reminds me of a certain one trick pony that shrugged off an offer that some 6th round pick took and then became the best WR in the league on.

Joe

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
A large protest Bell mob out front preventing him from getting to the building to make sure he can't get close to the pen if the moron actually shows (which I doubt he will) would be a pleasant sight

F Bell

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It would be great to have a second RB you can count on, but I am not sure they would truly get that.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Maybe we should sign CJ Anderson as an insurance policy. He's in shape. He asked the Panthers to cut him because McCaffrey has been played almost 100% of the snaps.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Maybe we should sign CJ Anderson as an insurance policy. He's in shape. He asked the Panthers to cut him because McCaffrey has been played almost 100% of the snaps.

who do you cut then? Ridley? I'm not against this, if it would happen. I'll take that insurance policy for James!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Hard to tell what you have on your roster with the sample size. I doubt highly there is anything better on the street and the trade deadline has passed. I don't think Bell would be worth a **** in the current situation.