• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Looking at the OL as a group after the move

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
my blogLeave a comment on the blog

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Okorafor and Moore will be battling in training camp. Green will win starting center job, just my opinion.

Our new OL coach and assistant seem to be getting after it and I'm glad to see the philosophy changing from last couple of years of Serrett's crap.

Nice blog you've got going there F83, post it occasionally so we can visit.

Salute the nation

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
so many guards competing,, tackles too. Haeg and Collins and coyle, for swing tackle back up. presumably. Collins is interesting because he can play guard and tackle, but the guy can move.

Finney, Hassenaur, Coward, Greene, and new guy trai. (forget last). Not to mention Dotson could be supplanted. He did a good job last year, but hes not entrenched there. Moore and Chuks at LT.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
so many guards competing,, tackles too. Haeg and Collins and coyle, for swing tackle back up. presumably. Collins is interesting because he can play guard and tackle, but the guy can move.

Finney, Hassenaur, Coward, Greene, and new guy trai. (forget last). Not to mention Dotson could be supplanted. He did a good job last year, but hes not entrenched there. Moore and Chuks at LT.
According to an article DK wrote for his site, Dotson is currently in the dog house. He showed up to OTAs and Mini-camp in less than ideal shape. The first time Turner came to visit, it wasn't about DD as much as it was about firing a shot across Dotson's bow and alerting him that there were options out there to replace him if he didn't get his **** together.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Dotson loses his job due to out of shape then we don't want him there to befin with. I hope this warning shot wakes him up. I'm also sure or hope the coaches / Tomlin had a serious talk with him stateing the consequences. Coach Tomlin has a knack of letting these "grown men" act responsibly and asume they know what needs to be done,..... well this is a case where he needs to step in and dropthe hammer and make sure the whole team knows what its about and accountability.

Dotson will come around and be ready or way better ready showing his hard work. I just hope it's soon enough.

Salute the nation

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Chukes should be able to do fine at LT is not a power OL which is why he didnt look good on the right side you ask him to slide and handle the edge he should do alright very good feat work and agile, but so is Moore JR. may the best man win

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If Dotson were in the doghouse I doubt he’d be joking about it on social media, 99.9% sure just more garbage from DK

.1% true and then he would be stupid as well

LT: Chukes will likely win out over Moore imo, not to say he’ll hold the job all season but I think he’s our week 1 starter barring injury.
LG: Dotson WILL be the starter
C: Hoping Green wins the job and I believe he will, but I wouldn’t rule out Finney. Finney would be good depth as active G/C reserve getting a hat on game days
RG: Turner’s job to lose. If he does come in as the steaming pine of crap he was last year I wouldn’t rule out Finney moving to G.
RT: Banner

Chukes/Dotson/Green/Turner/Banner
Moore backup T
Finney backup G/C

Coward, Collins, Haeg fighting for the last spot.

That is how I see it shaking out barring injuries. Really hopefully Turner’s issues were all injury related and seems more likely than not that was his issue last year...glad it was a 1 year prove it deal.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If nothing else these guys will be playing with a chip on their shoulder:

Stewey

Reaction score
I long for the day when teams were scared shitless of our Steelers!

meanjoe-elbow.gif