• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Looking at the teams holes in 2022

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If they are going to upgrade the OL it has to be with "TOP" draft pick(s) as we already have a 3 & a 4 for proof.

Today I'd be for a 1st or a 2nd on quality OL player and I see this as a MUST.

EDIT: The propblem is as I think they think they are set for OL.

Salute the nation
I’m right there with ya DIC

Hopefully a great OT in 1st

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
If we go OL in round 1 or 2, Im drafting a center. Green would be a good guard. In place of turner. And yes we need a LT too.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
If we go OL in round 1 or 2, Im drafting a center. Green would be a good guard. In place of turner. And yes we need a LT too.
Green doesn’t have enough sand in the pants for guard. He needs to hit the weights hard and gain functional strength and weight. I think Moore might make a better RT than LT.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Our team holes look like Swiss cheese.

QB- Mason Rudolph, Dwayne Haskins,
Roethlisberger isn’t under contract so here it is. And I’m assuming they at least tender Haskins. Yep, not good.

RB- Najee Harris, Benny Snell, Anthony McFarland (Derek Watt FB)
Harris looks to be a stud but nothing else here. Ballage is actually our backup and he’s a FA.

WR- Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool
Yep, that’s not a typo. JuJu, Washington, and even Ray-Ray all UFA.

TE- Pat Freiermuth, Zach Gentry
Ebron is a FA. I feel we can sign Rader back. This is actually one of the better depth positions with two guys signed.

OL- Moore, Banner, Haeg, Green, Dotson
yeah…

OLB- TJ Watt, Alex Highsmith
Could really use a Quincy Roche about now.

ILB- Schobert, Bush, Gilbert, Johnson
If Bush can stop sucking this might not be a bad position. Though little depth.

DL- Heyward, Tuitt, Loudermilk, Buggs, Alualu, Wormley, Davis
Probably our deepest position but Heyward is long in the tooth and Tuitt is oft injured.

S- Minkah Fitzpatrick
Yep. That’s it folks

CB- Sutton, Layne, Pierre, Norwood
We got 4. But nothing I wouldn’t try upgrade. Norwood has been a pleasant surprise. I’d consider moving him to safety.

I don’t see us not trading down to get picks to fill holes. There’s just no way to fill all these holes in one or even two drafts.

Norwood if fine where he is. We need a Qb, OL, some Wr's DL, and more S's. Its a cluster #u@k. Oh and Bush needs to stop sucking. One option would be not to sign a QB, which will leave us with a lot of cap space. We have to draft one.

PS: Heyward is getting up there in age.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Our team holes look like Swiss cheese.

QB- Mason Rudolph, Dwayne Haskins,
Roethlisberger isn’t under contract so here it is. And I’m assuming they at least tender Haskins. Yep, not good.

RB- Najee Harris, Benny Snell, Anthony McFarland (Derek Watt FB)
Harris looks to be a stud but nothing else here. Ballage is actually our backup and he’s a FA.

WR- Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool
Yep, that’s not a typo. JuJu, Washington, and even Ray-Ray all UFA.

TE- Pat Freiermuth, Zach Gentry
Ebron is a FA. I feel we can sign Rader back. This is actually one of the better depth positions with two guys signed.

OL- Moore, Banner, Haeg, Green, Dotson
yeah…

OLB- TJ Watt, Alex Highsmith
Could really use a Quincy Roche about now.

ILB- Schobert, Bush, Gilbert, Johnson
If Bush can stop sucking this might not be a bad position. Though little depth.

DL- Heyward, Tuitt, Loudermilk, Buggs, Alualu, Wormley, Davis
Probably our deepest position but Heyward is long in the tooth and Tuitt is oft injured.

S- Minkah Fitzpatrick
Yep. That’s it folks

CB- Sutton, Layne, Pierre, Norwood
We got 4. But nothing I wouldn’t try upgrade. Norwood has been a pleasant surprise. I’d consider moving him to safety.

I don’t see us not trading down to get picks to fill holes. There’s just no way to fill all these holes in one or even two drafts.
We also have about 50 some million in cap space to resign guys and bring in stopgaps…

Edit… I forgot to account for watt eating 31 million in my first cap space quote

Last edited:

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Greene is 2 inches shorter and 5 lb less than Dotson.
I still haven’t see Dotson get thrown into the QB yet. I don’t care how much Green weighs he gets pushed back to easily.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Norwood if fine where he is. We need a Qb, OL, some Wr's DL, and more S's. Its a cluster #u@k. Oh and Bush needs to stop sucking. One option would be not to sign a QB, which will leave us with a lot of cap space. We have to draft one.

PS: Heyward is getting up there in age.
You’re fine with him only being the dime back and getting 1/3 of the snap count? I personally think he should be a larger part of the secondary.

I did say, “Heyward is getting long in the tooth”.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Most people think Green is too small to be center (although I believe he weighs near or more than Pouncey did). If he's too small for C, he would be way too small to be a G.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Dotson doesnt have to snap the ball.
Fair enough. I personally think the difference might have something to do with Green 25 reps at 225 vs Dotson 35. Functional strength. I feel Green could get stronger but really needs to focus on the weight room this offseason.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Fair enough. I personally think the difference might have something to do with Green 25 reps at 225 vs Dotson 35. Functional strength. I feel Green could get stronger but really needs to focus on the weight room this offseason.
youre probably right... another factor is that dotson is 25 and Green who came out early is 22.