• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mac Jones

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My pre-draft feeling/statement was knowing Belicheat and Saban's relationship if Jones falls past the Pats he is not a first rounder. If they take him look out. And clearly he is the steal of the draft. The 9ers paid up to get Lance. Wow. Pats look pretty rebuilt at this point. One draft pick.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yep they look like they hit on that one, but then again early on some qbs look great then once tge league adjusts to them they level off…

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
He may be good but he's getting a ton of credit for not much production. He has 13 TD and 7 INT this year. His yards per game is about the same as Goff. They are running the ball and using lots of 2 TE sets so he's protected. It's been pretty easy for him. he's being a good game manager but it's still unknown if he can carry a team. The Pats were the perfect spot for him. I think if he landed on the Jets, he'd look like **** just like Zach Wilson has so far.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He may be good but he's getting a ton of credit for not much production. He has 13 TD and 7 INT this year. His yards per game is about the same as Goff. They are running the ball and using lots of 2 TE sets so he's protected. It's been pretty easy for him. he's being a good game manager but it's still unknown if he can carry a team. The Pats were the perfect spot for him. I think if he landed on the Jets, he'd look like **** just like Zach Wilson has so far.
Wonder why we don't use more two TE sets , especially when JuJu went down and with Claypool nursing injuries

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think there is a place for stats. But the eye matters too. He is making some big time throws. Last night he roped it to the TE at about 20 yards away from the defender. I wanna be clear. I never said Mac Jones would be good. I said if the Pats took him he would be.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
My pre-draft feeling/statement was knowing Belicheat and Saban's relationship if Jones falls past the Pats he is not a first rounder. If they take him look out. And clearly he is the steal of the draft. The 9ers paid up to get Lance. Wow. Pats look pretty rebuilt at this point. One draft pick.

I didn’t have Justin Fields or Trey Lance as first round picks. I had Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson and Mac Jones as top 15 picks. Lawrence and Wilson are on garbage teams so their struggles might turn around. Field’s can’t read a defense and is very inaccurate. Lance is 100% a development project. He’s 2-3 years out from competing for a starting job.

Mac Jones has just a ton of football intellect and is an accurate passer. He had the highest ceiling in the draft. Going to the Pats really sucks for everyone in the AFC.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
I didn’t have Justin Fields or Trey Lance as first round picks. I had Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson and Mac Jones as top 15 picks. Lawrence and Wilson are on garbage teams so their struggles might turn around. Field’s can’t read a defense and is very inaccurate. Lance is 100% a development project. He’s 2-3 years out from competing for a starting job.

Mac Jones has just a ton of football intellect and is an accurate passer. He had the highest ceiling in the draft. Going to the Pats really sucks for everyone in the AFC.
Tomlin’s life and future just got a lot more difficult LOL.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is a place for stats. But the eye matters too. He is making some big time throws. Last night he roped it to the TE at about 20 yards away from the defender. I wanna be clear. I never said Mac Jones would be good. I said if the Pats took him he would be.

Just because cheater t*mmyb*y is gone doesn't mean the cheatriots are suddenly "Honest Abe" franchise. Billicheat is still there and you can bet those helmet speakers still work after the cutoff. (other cheater things as well)

Salute the nation

GILBERT

Reaction score
Just because cheater t*mmyb*y is gone doesn't mean the cheatriots are suddenly "Honest Abe" franchise. Billicheat is still there and you can bet those helmet speakers still work after the cutoff. (other cheater things as well)

Salute the nation
LOL. Ya, watching that game last night looked like there was documentary filmed by a 'crew' in Atlanta sometime earlier this year.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL. Ya, watching that game last night looked like there was documentary filmed by a 'crew' in Atlanta sometime earlier this year.

I Hear yaz but just out of curiosity, when can one say they are "honest Abe" now ? Earnie Adams has retired (so they say), but Billicheat is still there. Has
the "library been burned ?

Cheater sticks for a long time after the facts. t*mmyb*y when signed by tampon bay, went directly to the OCs house with bag and spent days with him learning the play book. It's against the rules for players and coaches to have contact in off season, wouldn't that still be cheating ? You get where I'm coming from regardless of opponent.

Salute the nation

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

I think he had the highest floor but not the highest ceiling by far. He was the surest thing to do well early but no to become a superstar, except with Belicheat maybe.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Shall I interject???

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again, I wanted us to pick Matt Jones but the running game was more of a necessity so I'm happy w/ the Najee pick.

RTR

Matt Jones will be a very good QB in the NFL and he's already proving that even though it's w/ the *'s. Stats-wise, he's was better in college than Joe Burrow, who has turned into a decent QB already.

Only time will tell but I, for one, love to find a clone of Jones or better in the coming years...

Ahem, introducing Bryce Young.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Shall I interject???

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again, I wanted us to pick Matt Jones but the running game was more of a necessity so I'm happy w/ the Najee pick.

RTR

Matt Jones will be a very good QB in the NFL and he's already proving that even though it's w/ the *'s. Stats-wise, he's was better in college than Joe Burrow, who has turned into a decent QB already.

Only time will tell but I, for one, love to find a clone of Jones or better in the coming years...

Ahem, introducing Bryce Young.
My feeling was with Belicheat and Saban if the Pats passed I'd pass too. But if they took he was good. Wasn't like the Steelers had a chance.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That’s why he had a losing record with Cam Newton last year. He isn’t bright enough to keep up with the calls in his helmet speakers.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There was this guy in 2004-2005 with about 2600 yds passing 17 td 11 int and a 98 passer rating. You do the math.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I was real high on him during the draft process. All he needs is better skill players around him. Currently new England lacks a true #1 back, a top 20 TE, and plays with no-name receivers which makes his play all that more impressive

fogdoctor

Reaction score

I had Lawrence as 1 and Jones as 1a, both first-rounders based on the offence you want to run. I had Wilson as a 3rd rounder. Fields and Lance were UDFAs.