• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Make Up Your Mind! Hall of Fame Game Now with No Fans.

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By: G.Stryker, Follow on Twitter @SNStryker & Instagram @SNStryker SteelerNation.com What a difference six days makes. Just last week, our very own Matt Papiernik reported that the Hall of Fame Game was on schedule and it would have fans. Now it appears as the Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has changed course. According to WKYC-TV, the […]

More...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For you slash I hope you get to go PROVIDED it's under safe conditions.

I think they need to 1/4 the crowd size and ONLY 2 people can sit side by side otherwise must spread out. I also think the NFL will be playing the a shortened or possible fan free season. I also have read that some players are testing positive and that don't bode well for any team. Will players be monitored ? Checked before each game? If a player is positive do they sit a 2 weeks / month / season ?

EDIT: Nice write up "G", thanks

Salute the nation

Last edited:

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't see things going smoothly for the nfl. Texans and Cowboys are already testing positive. Zeke is mad cause of HIPPA, which he has a valid point. You would have to test players, coaches, equipment people, at a minimum of weekly. If a team loses like 3 top players the comp. won't really be fair

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see things going smoothly for the nfl. Texans and Cowboys are already testing positive. Zeke is mad cause of HIPPA, which he has a valid point. You would have to test players, coaches, equipment people, at a minimum of weekly. If a team loses like 3 top players the comp. won't really be fair

Does it surprise you about Zeke ? He was one of those attending private team group practices in public with out a mask...... NOW he has to pay the piper. How many other NFL players think they are Invinceable Andre don't take the necessary precautions.... Other teams should NOT be penalized if a team loses players to C-19. Yes that statement may come back to bite me but if. As a team, everyone continuously calls for proper precautions then as a team you will reap the benefits of not testing positive and yes that includes ALL STEELERS PERSONAL.

Or if the3y are going to compensate for 0-3 players there is no way the opposing team loses their 0-3 best players, **** that. CANCEL the season.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
For you slash I hope you get to go PROVIDED it's under safe conditions.

I think they need to 1/4 the crowd size and ONLY 2 people can sit side by side otherwise must spread out. I also think the NFL will be playing the a shortened or possible fan free season. I also have read that some players are testing positive and that don't bode well for any team. Will players be monitored ? Checked before each game? If a player is positive do they sit a 2 weeks / month / season ?

EDIT: Nice write up "G", thanks

Salute the nation

The Ohio Governor is now saying he doesn't envision fans at the game.

"As much as I hate to say this, because we've all been looking forward to that and I know how much it means to the Canton area and the Stark County area and, really, across the country, it's a great, great event that we've been looking forward to, [but] having a crowd that size is highly unlikely," DeWine said via WKYC-TV. "Certainly, it could not occur today. It would be very dangerous to do it today.

"Again, we have to see where we are at that point, but that's a large crowd, a lot of people together. These are the things that we've talked about all the way through this as we open Ohio up and we get back to work and we get back to doing the things that we like, probably the last things that are going to be able to be open are the big crowds, particularly when you have big crowds that are close together. So we have to continue to look at it and make decisions as we move forward, but if the question was, 'could that even occur today?' the answer would be, 'no.'"

Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium has a capacity of 23,000.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...hall-fame-game-likely-fans-ohio-governor-says

I really do not see it as a safe option to attend at this point. But they aren't offering a money return yet. We will probably sell the tickets if the NFL fails to do the right thing. But we bought a package so not sure how they could split it up without offering a money return we will see.But with ol girls mom having cancer it would be really selfish of me to go and put the two families at risk just because I am a diehard Steelers fanatic. probably want to go to that event more than any event I have wanted to go to in a while. It sucks. Also not sure how fun it would be to sit in the heat with masks on even if it was deemed safe enough to attend. I doubt they could tell me there is no risk regardless. The Ohio governor realizes that obviously with his latest statement. I even bought two shirts one Cowher and one Polamalu.

But who am I to complain in the grand scheme when people are out of work and some who are already fighting the virus. I have to suck it up and just deal with it.

Last edited:

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If they want to play, players are going to have to basically lock down for the entire season or risk getting infected and spreading it to teammates. As had been mentioned way back, they may have to go to a neutral site for all games and stay in hotels for the entire season. Otherwise, teams will lose players during the season.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
All of this bullshit for a virus that has a mortality rate of almost a statistical zero for people under the age of 65 and an overall mortality rate close to that for the influenza A and B virus. Total ******* stupidity.

Reactions: wig

Pollardo40

Reaction score
Was looking into packages for this months ago... glad I waited. saved a headache

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Starting to look like the season might be in jeopardy folks.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I have tickets so we are monitoring this situation closely.

Same here Slash. Friday night jacket fitting/dinner and the Sat VIP treatment. Delta already cancelled my flight to Akron. They advised my flight is now to Cleveland...

I understand the precautions needed, because some folks believe their invincible, but can we adults decide what’s dangerous? Most of us are educated and know how to wear masks and wash hands. Gheez. It would be better to move the whole ceremony three weeks before the season starts rather than six.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
reduce capicity to 10000 if not no fans tv we need to see the guys on the bubble fight we have several back ups on the bubble.