• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Manny Sanders says FU to the Steelers

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
So glad we sign guys like Cortez Allen to long term deals and let actual good players like Sanders walk. Not hearing much talk on here about how much his hands suck...blah, blah, blah. 3 more td's tonight and some amazing catches as well. Just another example of this front office making massive mistakes when it comes to evaluating talent. Pretty sure Sanders would be a hell of a lot better option than Wheaton....that dude has not done ****.

I

Idioteque

He was a poor receiver for us, a bad fit for our system and QB and wouldn't be approaching this production with us.

And yes, his hands are shaky. It's just easier to catch the ball in 15 square yards of wide open space, with a pinpoint QB throwing it between your forearms.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and while having a career night, he fumbles. had that fumble not been recovered by the Broncos, the game very well could have ended differently. All this against the Chargers' injury depleted defense.

****** goes to another team and his bullshit continues. Sure, it would have been nice to keep him, but as has been said elsewhere, he's not a spectacular receiver and certainly not one to break the bank on.

Steel G

Reaction score
Sanders not being on the team anymore is neither here nor there. What pisses me off is watching the Denver offense and then comparing it to the Steelers who look like a bunch of 12 year old girls playing field hockey.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
When you are the 3rd option behind Marshall and Demaryus Thomas you'll get a **** ton of soft coverage as the rest of the defensive backs are worried with the stars WRs. The guy is highly benefited of the talent surrounding him.
Ask him to be a #2 with only one good WR and he will probably be a mediocre guy getting overpaid

Wingman

Reaction score
when here behind Wallace and BROWN HE WAS NOT ALL THAT GREAT EITHER. I just wish we would have ditched him a year earlier to the patrioots and had their 3 rd rounder. I hope he has a very good year so we can get a comp pick for his dead *** if possible

RollRedRoll

Reaction score
Emmanuel Sanders..

Turns out the guy was pretty ******* good after all.... He catches more TD's in a game with Manning throwing him
the ball than he did in a season with the oaf throwing it to him. Amazing what actually working with your recievers in the off season can do.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
Get the hell outta here, are you serious about this????? I must have watched a different guy the last few years drop passes right in his hands......oh wait that's cause Ben didn't work with him in the offseason????? Right got ya.......whatever!!!!!!

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Never understood the fans who thought the Steelers were stupid to pass on a 3rd rounder for him when Belicheck tried to sign him.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
It took him until week 8 to catch a TD pass from Manning. Manning has 22 TD's on the season. And lets not forget, they didn't have Wes Welker to start out the year for his suspension. I saw Sanders drop more TD's from Ben than he caught. It has nothing to do with the QB working with the WR, it has everything to do with concentration from the WR. Sanders also had a habit of running the wrong routes during his last year here, again not something he needs his QB to take special time out for him to get right, that's something a WR is just supposed to know.

The only thing working with a WR in the offseason is going to do is help with timing. As we have seen this year, with Wheaton, working with your WR's in the offseason only goes so far, the WR has to put in the work to be on the right page. Ben had J. Brown, Wheaton, Moye, and A. Brown with him during the offseason work with them... how's that working out for us?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
When you are the 3rd option behind Marshall and Demaryus Thomas you'll get a **** ton of soft coverage as the rest of the defensive backs are worried with the stars WRs. The guy is highly benefited of the talent surrounding him.
Ask him to be a #2 with only one good WR and he will probably be a mediocre guy getting overpaid

not sure who Marshall is, but he's their FOURTH option, Both Thomas and Welker are ahead of him...He's not facing too many good CB's these days at all. And to the OP, 3 MORE TD's? Those were his FIRST three TD's in Denver. Only took him 8 weeks to catch one.

Xc944

Reaction score
It took him until week 8 to catch a TD pass from Manning. Manning has 22 TD's on the season. And lets not forget, they didn't have Wes Welker to start out the year for his suspension. I saw Sanders drop more TD's from Ben than he caught. It has nothing to do with the QB working with the WR, it has everything to do with concentration from the WR. Sanders also had a habit of running the wrong routes during his last year here, again not something he needs his QB to take special time out for him to get right, that's something a WR is just supposed to know.

The only thing working with a WR in the offseason is going to do is help with timing. As we have seen this year, with Wheaton, working with your WR's in the offseason only goes so far, the WR has to put in the work to be on the right page. Ben had J. Brown, Wheaton, Moye, and A. Brown with him during the offseason work with them... how's that working out for us?

He had a yd before last night

Wingman

Reaction score
not sure who Marshall is, but he's their FOURTH option, Both Thomas and Welker are ahead of him...He's not facing too many good CB's these days at all. And to the OP, 3 MORE TD's? Those were his FIRST three TD's in Denver. Only took him 8 weeks to catch one.

Yeah, keep posting facts instead of innuendo

Wingman

Reaction score
You can tell from the Papa Johns ads
Manning might be a better leader. But that has nothing to do with Sanders being what he is. I do not think we will miss his *** at all. I do think we miss the draft pick we could have had via the trade with the cheatriots, I still think that was a dumb decision to not make the trade. What could have happened 6 and 10 instead of 8 and 8 big deal.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently Manny likes to be yelled at. Manning will rip you a new ******* if you run the wrong route, Ben will throw you the ball again and tell ya go get it. Some guys like positive reinforcement, some don't.

Joe

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Heath Miller seems to have no problem catching pass after pass from Ben, nor does Antonio Brown, so I'd say the drops Manny had last year are on him, not anyone else. I wish him the best, but I don't miss him.

Joe

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if he's sharing Wes Welker's Adderall

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
when here behind Wallace and BROWN HE WAS NOT ALL THAT GREAT EITHER. I just wish we would have ditched him a year earlier to the patrioots and had their 3 rd rounder. I hope he has a very good year so we can get a comp pick for his dead *** if possible

The draft pick would have been the way to go. But remember who we have making that draft pick selection.

Saluter the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Of course you're open when 2 other receivers on the team demand more coverage....duh.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
How many balls did he fumble last night while running at mid-field, untouched?

SteelerAl

Reaction score
He sucked so bad last year because he was pressing. He had his next contract on his mind. Same thing happened with Mike Wallace as he played out the final year of his deal. Now Sanders is in a position where any reasonably talented WR would be able to shine, he appears to be healthy and he has the relative security of a long-term contract.