• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Martavis should appeal.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17945804/armonty-bryant-detroit-lions-suspended-second-2016

Detroit Lions defensive end Armonty Bryant has been suspended for the second time this season.

The Lions announced Tuesday that Bryant is suspended for the team's next three games for a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. The suspension, the Lions said, is related to an incident in 2015.

Bryant was arrested on Dec. 25, 2015, and pleaded guilty in July to a charge of attempted drug possession. When he was arrested, he was charged with felony drug possession because Adderall and oxycodone were found in the vehicle driven by his former teammate De'Ante Saunders.

He had already been suspended the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the league policy on performance-enhancing substances.

He was with the Cleveland Browns then and was waived when he was eligible to come off the suspended list. The Lions claimed him off waivers, and he became a productive member of the team's defensive line rotation. Bryant has five tackles and three sacks in the four games he has been with the Lions.

---

Martavis was suspended a full season for failing tests or not showing up -- whichever you want to believe. This guy was already suspended four games, gets three additional and was ******* ARRESTED. Martavis was never arrested.

Protect that hypocritical shield, Rog.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I do agree, however, sometimes it's wise to let sleeping dogs lay.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Martavis was suspended once already. Then, he failed something like 3 or 4 more tests to get the full year suspension. He made his choice to smoke pot and has to deal with the consequences.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Season's already half over. Let it go.

Buster

Reaction score
He comes back and plays a game and gets busted again. You can't fix stupid.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There isn't a chance in hell MB would gain anything if he should appeal. Besides, I think his "appealing" window has timed out. He is doing his time and hopefully is doing it with maturity.

Salute the nationh

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
random question.... does he get tested while suspended? if he can pass tests with all the free time he has, that might be good.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Here's a crazy idea... DON'T DO DRUGS MARTAVIS! We got Coates **** Bryant.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
There isn't a chance in hell MB would gain anything if he should appeal. Besides, I think his "appealing" window has timed out. He is doing his time and hopefully is doing it with maturity.

Salute the nationh

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Rooney's stepped in after MB appealed and he then dropped his appeal.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Coates isn't even in the same zip code of talent as MB.
In five games he had 421 yards and 2 tds. If he wouldn't have got hurt he'd been on pace to lead the team in yards but he's still about on pace for 1,000.

Just A Fan

Reaction score
Not at this point, but we don't have to make that decision at this point

FordFairLane

Reaction score
So you would take Coates over a drug free Bryant?

Tic for Tac. Both are fast and both drop too many balls. If it wasn't for Ben neither would look that good. The one thing Coates does, or should I say, doesn't do is smoke weed! Or at the very least get caught repeatedly for it...