• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Rudolph gets extended

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Signed through 2022 now. I believe the writing is on the wall we are watching the last season of Roethlisberger. This is his fair well tour so see him if you can. I’m going to the packers and Vikings games this year.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Makes sense. They wanna make sure they have him under contract to give him a chance to be the guy after Ben is done. Not that I like it, of course, but, it is what it is

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful of Rudolph and think it's a good move. But I don't think him and Ben are tied. Although if Ben plays after next season Rudolph may walk.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see if they can use him properly !

Insurance as he is the BEST on the roster excluding ROETHLISBERGER.

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think the Steelers draft a QB next year and let the rookie and Rudolph fight it out. Maybe Haskins shows enough and keeps his nose clean to be in the mix. I don’t think the Steelers draft a QB in the first unless the value is there. Or if they don’t feel comfortable even attempting to give Rudolph the opportunity. I personally like Dustin Crum. The QB pool is pretty shallow unless a bunch of underclassmen declare after huge seasons.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still hopeful of Rudolph and think it's a good move. But I don't think him and Ben are tied. Although if Ben plays after next season Rudolph may walk.
Sask, Ben’s contract voids two days after the SB next year. Totally new contract will need to be made he he chooses to play with the new weapons he has now.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Regarding a realistic possibility as starter:

Serious:
Does anyone have hope that Dwayne Haskins can live up to his potential?

Sarcastic:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Sask, Ben’s contract voids two days after the SB next year. Totally new contract will need to be made he he chooses to play with the new weapons he has now.
Well obviously if the season went well and he still wanted to play they would havebto work it out. As of now they have Rudolph on the roster for 2022.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score

Serious:

Sarcastic:
Terry Bradshaw was pretty rough his first couple years. I remember the competition with him and Gilliam. At least i think i do. Terry was maligned at the beginning of his career.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Terry Bradshaw was pretty rough his first couple years. I remember the competition with him and Gilliam. At least i think i do. Terry was maligned at the beginning of his career.
Bradshaw was the highest rated prospect at QB in years. His transition was difficult on a different level, shattered confidence & insecurity. Gilliam would have been #1 overall pick consideration today. But he challenged for starting QB for only a short time in 1974 & was not in alignment with Noll’s vision. He wanted to throw the ball too much in an era is wasn’t wise to do so. Gilliam and Bradshaw faced the adversity differently—one went to his Bible and the other to drugs.

Gilliam is a sad tale of a person who, if had patience, his chance would have come. The Steelers made right choice with Bradshaw but think Seattle wouldn’t have jumped after him in expansion draft? Just imagine what could have been if he was there in right mindset for 1976.

Haskins had been a spoiled, entitled basket case. He hasn’t faced near the professional adversity Gilliam or Bradshaw did

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
the Bus thinks Ben has more than this coming season left in him.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Serious:

Sarcastic:
Sure... i also hop that mark gilbert was a first round cb we got as a udfa, and that loudermilk really is Heyward 2.0, and that benny snell behind a better line and scheme is going to score ten touchdowns.....

im very hopeful... realistically though we will be extremely lucky if one of those things happen