• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Rudolph knocked out cold on helmet hit, ruled out of game

DKPittsburghSports

Sponsor
Contributor
Reaction score

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, there was a penalty. But he definitely should have been tossed. Went high, lead with his helmet. Classic example of the EXACT hit they are trying to remove from the game

Reactions: GMC

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sucks but I have never been excited to see our number three QB in the game before. I like Hodges a lot.

Hodges comes in and we all of a sudden start throwing the ball down the field like we have a totally different game plan. If that offense that we run with Rudy is the best he can do, keep Hodges in at QB

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Hodges will shine. Just needs a few more games.
He handled the pressure pretty well. We have no true threat at WR though. Some trying times ahead

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hodges comes in and we all of a sudden start throwing the ball down the field like we have a totally different game plan. If that offense that we run with Rudy is the best he can do, keep Hodges in at QB

That is what I have been saying. Agreed, the rookie made some nice throws and can use his legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
We always look different with Hodges. Was surprised we dropped him for Dobbs but it worked out.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The hit didn't appear to be that hard, but right on the chin. Rudolph should be out a couple games

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The hit didn't appear to be that hard, but right on the chin. Rudolph should be out a couple games

He led with the crown of his helmet, it doesn't get any more blatant than that.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
im not saying it wasn't a blatant penalty, just that it did not seem an extremely violent hit. It was like a perfectly placed punch

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The ridiculous of the scenario was when you juxtapose it against a form tackle one step by Ola where he hit Jackson's thighs and slid to a gator role in the most crucial of situations it was the same penalty. ******* atrocious. And I will also say this. The fact that man walked off the field after that instead of them taking the time to get a golf cart or the cart they took the rat bird off is about as embarrassing a moment as there has been for this organization.

carbonsteel

Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing, whoever is in charge of maintaining the medical carts should be fired.

It appeared that two players had to carry Mason off to the locker room as the actual medical cart had to be pushed off the field. 60,000 people in attendance for probably $80 per ticket (near $5 mil revenue) and they can't get a dependable medical cart to move a player off the field? That was like some crap that you would see in the 60's or 70's.

xjx

Reaction score
It was like a Simpsons episode.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Wait until our coaching staff gets a hold of him and squeeze's all of the unbridled enthusiasm out of his game.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I would have to see it but no not the season. Maybe games. When asked about the ridiculous exit of the starting qb badly injured Tomlin got defensive and snapped that he doesn't drive the cart. You are responsible for everything that happens on that field. I dont care if we have to go get a lineman pickup truck. He is not leaving the field that way. What a POS.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
A ref should be canned for not throwing a flag on that play.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Flag was thrown, but it was well after the play was over.

even more ****** was they had that cart gassed up to haul the Rats player off the field later in the game.