• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Ruldoph Responses to Myles Garrett

Steel G

Reaction score
Dorsey is full of ****. There is no way they would've been silent after the game if they thought Mason said it. ****** Browns, what a **** organization.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miles Garret and the BROWNS organization don't have much to lose in terms of making it up where as the damage being done to MASON and the STEELERS is huge by comparison.

THE jucked up allegaTION IS totally hurting the racism effort but being exploited by the player & Browns organization. I don't have the answer but do know that the whole ordeal is based on the N-word. That word should be banned from use by ANYONE that is considered human being. A national ban for all races and NO exception.

Salute the nation

ianv2012

Reaction score
Miles Garret and the BROWNS organization don't have much to lose in terms of making it up where as the damage being done to MASON and the STEELERS is huge by comparison.

THE jucked up allegaTION IS totally hurting the racism effort but being exploited by the player & Browns organization. I don't have the answer but do know that the whole ordeal is based on the N-word. That word should be banned from use by ANYONE that is considered human being. A national ban for all races and NO exception.

Salute the nation

Or stop allowing one word to have so much power and realize it's a word, nothing else. Regardless of how it's used or why, if people stopped giving that word power it would be meaningless. Or, perhaps the black community could stop using it to address each other, in music, in many contexts and the word itself would eventually die off and it wouldn't look hypocritical when offense is taken if the word is used by someone outside of that community. Words only have as much power as we grant them

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
So, liberalism really does destroy everything it touches?

Give me the old days where sticks and stones could break my bones, but I knew that words could never hurt me.

Vader

Reaction score
Or stop allowing one word to have so much power and realize it's a word, nothing else. Regardless of how it's used or why, if people stopped giving that word power it would be meaningless. Or, perhaps the black community could stop using it to address each other, in music, in many contexts and the word itself would eventually die off and it wouldn't look hypocritical when offense is taken if the word is used by someone outside of that community. Words only have as much power as we grant them

I agree but it won't happen. Too much power to be held over other people's heads to give it away. It's a victim mentality.

Stewey

Reaction score
I have no idea why Garrett feels compelled to bring this back up after he's been reinstated.

He may truly believe that he heard it, despite the lack of evidence

Its obvious to me.

That ugly image of him slugging Rudolph with a helmet is still fresh in everyone's heads. Going forward when the name Myles Garrett is mentioned the first thing people will think of was that ugly helmet swinging outburst.
He is embarrassed by it and needs to keep assuring people it was because of a racial slur.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
He is embarrassed by it and needs to keep assuring people it was because of a racial slur.

using this statement as as springboard, not really directing at Stewey....the problem with MG's line of thinking is that being the victim of a verbal slur somehow justifies a violent and potentially deadly response. It doesn't. And that is what the TV stations and reporters should be saying...even if it did happen, it does not justify MG's response. The wiser and stronger man doesn't react to name calling, but rather uses it as fuel to do something bigger...win.

Stewey

Reaction score
Former Browns General Manager John Dorsey confirmed Myles Garrett‘s account of what happened immediately after the defensive end’s ejection Nov. 14 against the Steelers.

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (95) reacts after swinging a helmet at Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph (2) in the fourth quarter of an NFL football game, Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019, in Cleveland. The Browns won 21-7. (AP Photo/David Richard)
© ASSOCIATED PRESS Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (95) reacts after swinging a helmet at Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph (2) in the fourth quarter of an NFL football game, Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019, in Cleveland. The Browns won 21-7. (AP Photo/David Richard)

Garrett said he told Dorsey, coaches and defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi that Mason Rudolph‘s use of a racial slur is what set him off. The Steelers quarterback repeatedly has denied the allegation, most recently in a Saturday statement.

Dorsey confirmed to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal on Monday that Garrett had informed the team of his racial slur accusation postgame.

“Correct,” Dorsey told Ulrich. “It’s the truth.”

That follows what Dorsey said in a prepared statement Nov. 21 in which he said Garrett “was open and honest with us about the incident from the start.”

Garrett served a six-game suspension for ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and bashing the quarterback over the head with it. The NFL reinstated Garrett last week, and a day later, Garrett conducted an interview with ESPN’s Mina Kimes in which he doubled down on his accusation against Rudolph.

Garrett told reporters after the game that “they’ve just got to go look for it; I’m not going to comment on it” when asked if Rudolph said something to him. The accusation became public Nov. 20 after Garrett made it in his appeal hearing with the NFL.

The NFL’s investigation into Garrett’s allegation revealed no evidence supporting the claim.

Rudolph’s attorney has threatened to sue Garrett for defamation of character.

And Steelers coach Mike Tomlin appeared on ESPN on Monday to defend his backup quarterback again.

I don't understand how this changes anything.

Myles made the decision to play the race card after he had calmed down and reflected on the severity of what he had just done.

But if he was really clever he would have shouted out something to the effect of "don't you be calling me no nigga"" immediately after slugging Mason with the helmet...and LOUDLY for all to hear.

The fact that he did not verbally express his outrage over a racial slur on the field says Mason never said it.

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
If you analyze the video...Mason got pissed at Myles after Myles had spun him to the ground. Mason kicked him in the groin and nearly pulled Myles helmet off.

Myles retaliated by pulling Masons helmet off....and its important to know that Myles voluntarily BACKED OFF...with the help of a couple of Steelers

It wasn't until Rudolf just seconds later came after Myles that Myles started clubbing Mason with his own helmet. Racial slur my ***.

Had Mason not pursued Myles, no clubbing with the helmet by Myles would have occurred.

No clubbing with the helmet, no reason for Myles to lie about a racial slur....and no 6 game suspension. Perhaps only 2.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
But lets not forgetvthat Rudolph had to go get his helmet off of Garrett... people totally ignore that the dude was leaving with Hs helmet in hand and the game was not over yet... everyone who criticizes Rudolph for going back at Garrett doesn’t account for that... what was he supposed to do, let him take his helmet as a trophy?

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he just said "Give me my ******* helmet" and Myley was too triggered to comply.

Stewey

Reaction score
But lets not forgetvthat Rudolph had to go get his helmet off of Garrett... people totally ignore that the dude was leaving with Hs helmet in hand and the game was not over yet... everyone who criticizes Rudolph for going back at Garrett doesn’t account for that... what was he supposed to do, let him take his helmet as a trophy?

I mentioned that above. Mason went after Myles, and you're right, most likely for his helmet.

And if not for that...Mason wouldn't have gotten clubbed, therefore Myles wouldn't of had to lie saying that a racial slur made him do it.

Hope no one thinks that I'm saying Mason is partially to blame. I'm not. Not in the least.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
No words. None, can justify battery. Myles is lucky Mason didn't press charges. He'd be in jail.