• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Might the Steelers bring these two in to bolster roster?

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’m thinking now after knowing where we are after the recent draft, would the Steelers think about bringing in Eric Fisher OT until Moore is ready and possibly bring back Steven Nelson at a cheaper price? Only adding a seventh round CB is not enough and can’t think Steelers think it is as well. Not like anyone is beating his door down so why not approach him?
As for Fisher, why not? He’s a pretty damn good OL and could immediately be penciled into the starting lineup.
Where are we salary cap though? Allowing for the rookie class where are we after that? If we can afford to, what would it hurt?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the idea about revisiting Nelson...not so sure if Fisher is the 'type of OL' Coach Canada wants/needs...

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Nelson left because he wanted a new more lucrative contract, I seriously doubt he will come back at a cheaper price

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It just depends on how much these guys price tags have dropped... sometimes good ufas will try to wait till the season starts and some injuries to their positions happens in hopes of getting a better contract....

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Nelson left because he wanted a new more lucrative contract, I seriously doubt he will come back at a cheaper price
I read he 'never got a chance to negotiate his desires'...those may have changed now that he's not working...

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
If not for a rental and of coarse a cap friendly contract. Okung and Heyward from Chargers, both age could be an issue

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I read he 'never got a chance to negotiate his desires'...those may have changed now that he's not working...
Guys that air their **** on social media make it difficult to resign....... perspective and setting precedents for how you want your organization to run is worth more to me than taking back a disgruntled employee for a need at CB ....... I believe they search elsewhere....in this situation

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's not forget teams will start whittling down their rosters with the influx of the rooks. Teams will be taking a long, hard look at their depth charts, and some decent veterans may start falling through the cracks.

I see us adding veteran depth both in the secondary & the O-line.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I do like the "mentoring" philosophy when looking at veteran free agents to bring in...DeCastro needs to step-up become the new leader of the O-lIne IMO...

Staying with the "big brother" and "mentoring" mind-set...I still would love to bring Fitzgerald into the WR room...