• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Tomlin: Not Looking Past The Raiders On Sunday

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With the first game of the 2021 regular season completed, many fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers are looking forward to the next week of action as the men in black and gold return to Pittsburgh to play the Las Vegas Raiders.

If you watched the game on Monday night, y0u saw the absolute fire show from the Raiders who were able to win the game in overtime after an incredible defensive performance against the former NFL MVP, Lamar Jackson. With the squad feeling good after a win in that fashion, their only worry is resting up since they have a game in less than seven days which puts them at a slight disadvantage. For the Steelers sake, hopefully they can capitalize on that.

During Tuesday’s weekly press conference, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin came out and said, “We expect that they are going to challenge us in a big way… We have a lot to work on, we have a lot of details to improve… We’ve got so much work ahead of us, but it was enough to get out of that stadium with a win, and I’m appreciative.”

As the Steelers prepare for their first home game of the season, lots of fans will be excited to get back into the stadium and enjoy the events and atmosphere that surrounds a regular season game.

Tomlin went on later to stress the point of the fans being engaged in the action, trying to disrupt the Raiders offense and defense while they are on the field. “It’s our job to make the plays to keep the crowd engaged and entertain them to make it as hostile as we can make it… We’re excited about getting back in the comforts of Heinz Field and entertaining Steeler Nation”

Hopefully, by entertaining Steeler Nation, that means a win because it would definitely help all of those in Pittsburgh to have the squad start the year 2-0 against two teams who will most likely finish high in their division.

Are you excited for the first home game of the season? What plans or rituals do you plan on performing before, during, and after the game? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Oh crap… it’s the “not looking past the next team” kiss of death….
We are going to totally blow this looking ahead to a battle for first place in the division against the Bungals huh?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice article Zach, thanks.

If Tomlin were to be looking past this game and being this early in the season then shame on him.

I don't see that as the case here, I'd lay odds he is driving home the severity of these early wins and the improvement work that needs to be done. It's the later games in the season that I worry about so good thing we are playing the Raiders early in the season.

REGARDLESS, I see a win and a hometown crowd satifaction.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would hope he isn't looking past a team that has beat him 3 out of the last 4...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah Las Vegas coming to town. If I was a betting man I would put money on us knowing a lot more about the secondary after this game. Not only did Carr win in OT but he was spreading the ball around pretty well. I think the pass rushers are going to have to bring their A game to keep him off balance and subsequently giving a hand to the corners. I think the Steelers have a better pass rush than the rats which should show up at home on a team that is healthy and having a home crowd behind them. The O-line will be tested again and hopefully can improve on their game one performance.

Stewey

Reaction score
What Tomlin is saying is that just because it's Las Vegas we're playing do not expect him to gamble on looking past them.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What Tomlin is saying is that just because it's Las Vegas we're playing do not expect him to gamble on looking past them.

Which is coach speak for " If I want to look past them I will, It's my popcorn and you ******* (talking heads) will spread the butter"

Salute the nation

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Will the Raiders be looking past us?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd suggest Tomlin ought to treat this like a critical game given the fact that the Raiders clearly have the Steeler's number the last few outings. And going up 2-0 in conference aint too bad.

skialta

Reaction score
I don't know if Derek Carr is a ****** enough quarterback for the Raiders to win this game. Don't get me wrong, Carr isn't any good, but he's better than Bruce Gradkowski and Terrelle Pryor

MB47

Reaction score
Another egg laid by Tomlin.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if Derek Carr is a ****** enough quarterback for the Raiders to win this game. Don't get me wrong, Carr isn't any good, but he's better than Bruce Gradkowski and Terrelle Pryor
And today, Carr was better than Ben. Embarrassingly so.