• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MLB Players

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
So I'm confused. i see a lot of players don't want to play for a prorated salary saying the risk is not worth the money. I'm thinking if they don't play they get no money ?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
**** like that will be the death of pro sports. Kinda hard to feel sympathy for a guy that refuses to play for $5 million instead of $10 million because it isn't worth the risk, while average Joe has to take the risk and go to work everyday to make $45k and scrape by.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
**** like that will be the death of pro sports. Kinda hard to feel sympathy for a guy that refuses to play for $5 million instead of $10 million because it isn't worth the risk, while average Joe has to take the risk and go to work everyday to make $45k and scrape by.

Sports was a lot more fun when those who played in the pros needed second jobs. They played cause they loved the sport

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Snell came off like a clown. That aside, I can see both sides. The players aren't putting in a full season so why get paid for one? However, they also have guaranteed contracts and I don't feel bad for the billionaire owners, especially the one who owns the Pirates.

melissachris

Reaction score
Yes, it is happening in almost every sport that the players are only playing for money more than passion. I want to be a professional athlete but not for money but for my passion. You know what? I have bought athlete clothing from my savings & by using the voucher of Champion.com coupons, hope I will achieve my dreams someday.