• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock draft Version 1.0 based on 2/20 rankings

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
used PFF draft still think their rankings are way off for a lot of guys like Leatherwood, Harris ranked to low
24 OT Leatherwood UAb
55 RB RB Williams UNC
87 Josh Myers OSU
127 WR Nico Collins UM
135 TE Kenny Yeboah Ole Miss
217 OG Jack Anderson Texas @ M
225 Edge Jananarious Watson FSU
239 Jacoby Stevens S
253 ILB Josh Ross UM
got a c- but based on where Leatherwood Williams and our interest in Yeboah from the combine, who from his highlights looks like a young Jimmy Graham would be a steal to take over for Ebron after next year, absolute killer Speed for a te and tremendous size. red zone trip set nightmare from Gentry Yeboah Ebron and add in Chase you have 4 guys that can easily win a jump ball. 4 wide split chase and ebron
The purpose of selecting these guys is getting back to fixing a power ground game so ben does not have to throw 40 times a game, add in a fa like AP, Mike Davis to combine with Williams, snell @ McFarland. the OL and run game is fixed
I think it's wishful thinking from this draft that Myers falls this far if not then the kid from the small Wisconsin School is a perfect fit. Washington has been a hit or miss and for the slot, Nico Collins has the size and Speed that would remind people of Martavis Bryant. Yeboah is your apparent to Ebron. Watson adds depth at OLB replaces marsh. Anderson is someone to groom in for Decastro. Stevens is insurance if Brooks is another bust like that useless Orangeman S that was supposed to replace Troy.
Ross is a beast at MLB was partnered with bush they both play similar hit-hard solid sideline to sideline tacklers would be a great late steal if still there in round 6 or 7. PFF database doesnt evewn have him.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers showed some interest in Yeboah but thinking he won't be available come 5. I think if he is available in 4 you pull the trigger.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd definately take that action in 4th if there but also have to see how the draft plays out.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
used PFF draft still think their rankings are way off for a lot of guys like Leatherwood, Harris ranked to low
24 OT Leatherwood UAb
55 RB RB Williams UNC
87 Josh Myers OSU
127 WR Nico Collins UM
135 TE Kenny Yeboah Ole Miss
217 OG Jack Anderson Texas @ M
225 Edge Jananarious Watson FSU
239 Jacoby Stevens S
got a c- but based on where Leatherwood Williams and our interest in Yeboah from the combine, who from his highlights looks like a young Jimmy Graham would be a steal to take over for Ebron after next year, absolute killer Speed for a te and tremendous size. red zone trip set nightmare from Gentry Yeboah Ebron and add in Chase you have 4 guys that can easily win a jump ball. 4 wide split chase and ebron
The purpose of selecting these guys is getting back to fixing a power ground game so ben does not have to throw 40 times a game, add in a fa like AP, Mike Davis to combine with Williams, snell @ McFarland. the OL and run game is fixed
I think it's wishful thinking from this draft that Myers falls this far if not then the kid from the small Wisconsin School is a perfect fit. Washington has been a hit or miss and for the slot, Nico Collins has the size and Speed that would remind people of Martavis Bryant. Yeboah is your apparent to Ebron. Watson adds depth at OLB replaces marsh. Anderson is someone to groom in for Decastro. Stevens is insurance if Brooks is another bust like that useless Orangeman S that was supposed to replace Troy.
Ross has decided to play 1 more year back at micgigan slong with DE huthinson so I jusr rplace him with tuff Borland 2 down ILB
so i went back and did another version B of 1
14 OT Darrisaw
55 rb williams
87 C Humprey
128 TE Yeobah
141 WR Collins
217 OG Anderson
225 OLB Watson
239 SS Stevens
247 ILB Borland

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
It just has to rb LT if they want to go back to controlling the clock with a good run game like 2017 and limit ben to less than 50passes.
we hopefully see plenty of WR and QB go that can let harris Darrisaw or Leatherwood fall to us at 24.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so i went back and did another version B of 1

14 OT Darrisaw
55 rb williams
87 C Humprey
128 TE Yeobah
141 WR Collins
217 OG Anderson
225 OLB Watson
239 SS Stevens
247 ILB Borland

No way - as in zero chance - that Darrisaw is still there at pick 24. And I know your post indicates pick 14 but that was just a typo, since you made no trades.

If Darrisaw is available at pick 24, I genuinely hope the Steelers rush the podium as if Jarvis Jones had re-entered the draft.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No way - as in zero chance - that Darrisaw is still there at pick 24. And I know your post indicates pick 14 but that was just a typo, since you made no trades.

If Darrisaw is available at pick 24, I genuinely hope the Steelers rush the podium as if Jarvis Jones had re-entered the draft.
He tops my board and I too expect him to be gone by 24. If he is there at 20 I would try to trade up a well. But I have a feeling that might even be a stretch.