• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock It - Sporting News

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

24. Najee Harris, RB, Bama
55. Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State
87. Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan
128. Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC
140. Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
216. Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford
245. Tristen Hoge, G, BYU
254. Shane Buechele, QB, SMU

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
24. Najee Harris, RB, Bama
55. Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State
87. Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
128. Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC
140. Trey Hill, C/G, Georgia
216. Davis Mills, QB, Stanford ***though he's likely gone WAY before now*** - so my pick will be Quinn Meinerz, G/C, Wisconsin-Whitewater (also likely gone before this pick)
245. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston
254. Max Duffy, P, Kentucky

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Harris pick and Samuel is interesting but we need an OL in Rd. 1 or 2 and probably 2 in the draft if at all possible.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
24. Travis Etienne, RB Clemson [The more I look, the more I think he has a better skill set than Harris]
55. Alex Leatherwood, RT Alabama [He is going to plug-and-play, probably at RT. At worst, he is a dominant G]
87. Walker Little, LT Stanford [Only true LT worth selecting. Spencer Brown the other possibility played mainly RT in college]
128. Rashad Weaver, EDGE Pittsburgh [Tools are there, production there 2018 and 2020. Good OLB prospect]
140. Quinn Meinerz, G/C, Wisconsin-Whitewater [Is an explanation really needed?]
217. Davis Mills, QB Stanford [Chances he actually lasts to the 6th freaking round? Yeah, no, but I am mocking the mock]
245. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston [Smallish guy, very fast, slot receiver]
254. Max Duffy, P, Kentucky [Ehh, not much left on their list to choose, so went with guy I at least know. Rugby punter, older, but can boom it 60 yards regularly]

Time for that defense to step up despite losses to FA, cuts and fact that I spent exactly one pick on that side of the ball.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Etienne RB
2. Samuels CB
3. Little LT
4a Weaver OLb
4b Meinerz C
6 Mills QB
7a Menet G/C
7b Farrell TE

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Harris or Etienne, I have them rated as pretty much dead even.

2. Keep Asante Samuel JR. Only because Quinn Meinerz is still available with our SIXTH ROUND PICK! Beyond redonkulous but, we will take it as it allows to us to get a huge upgrade at CB early.

3. Spencer Brown or Walker Little. Probably I would lean more towards Little as he is a LT and would probably be a top 20 pick if not for an injury and then covid. Brown is just plain nasty.

4a. Sticking with Talanoa Hufanga here.

4b. Janarius Robinson.

6. Quinn Meinerz.

7a. Marquez Stevenson.

7b. Max Duffy.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Could live with that draft 100%, Scotty.

And as you pointed out, the reason why these mocks always make our selections better is that we can see "so-and-so" is available at pick 140, and thereby use pick 128 on another guy.

In real life, you probably use pick 128 on the guy because you fear losing him, then the guy you actually picked at 128 is gone by pick 140 because that is how the real world works.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
It’s actually one of the better mock drafts I’ve seen. But I think they miss a couple of needs.

RD1- Najee Harris
Steelers have all but said they are drafting Harris if he’s there at 24.

RD2- Asante Samuel Jr
Without Nelson and Hilton this is a huge need. Haden can help bring him along and Sutton/Samuel can fight it out for outside and nickel spots.

RD3- Payton Turner Edge UH
Very big on Turner. I see him being versatile enough to play edge or inside depending on scenario. Gives good power to Highsmith’s speed. We lost Dupree and Adeniyi to the Titans. This not only fills a need it gives us needed depth.

RD4- Talanoa Hufanga S USC
I just don’t see Edmunds being here next year. Gets us a possible replacement and depth.

RD4- Kendrick Green OC Illinois
It was a toss up between David Moore and Green. Either are a little reach but both are gone before our next pick. Green is a freakish athlete that physically mirrors Pouncey. I feel the Steelers hope a Dickerson or Humphrey fall in round two but they don’t and Myers doesn’t quite make it to round 3.

RD6- Tony Poljan TE Virginia
I love the Fehoko pick but go a different way. Steelers are set for at least 1 more year at WR but need a quality #2 TE that can block. Poljan is a big bodied TE with decent hands and blocking ability.

RD7- Alaric Jackson OT Iowa
One of the most technically sound OT’s in the draft. Might have to kick inside to guard but I just love his hand usage and feel he will make an NFL team. I feel he starts before his rookie contract is up.

RD7- Michael Strachan WR Charleston
Freak of nature athlete who dominated 1-on-1 matchups where he physically just dwarfed his competition. Very limited route tree. But he is a hand catcher that tracks poorly thrown balls well. Above average blocker as well. Probably PS guy year 1 but with all the FA in 2022 he’d get a real opportunity.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Harris or Etienne, I have them rated as pretty much dead even.

2. Keep Asante Samuel JR. Only because Quinn Meinerz is still available with our SIXTH ROUND PICK! Beyond redonkulous but, we will take it as it allows to us to get a huge upgrade at CB early.

3. Spencer Brown or Walker Little. Probably I would lean more towards Little as he is a LT and would probably be a top 20 pick if not for an injury and then covid. Brown is just plain nasty.

4a. Sticking with Talanoa Hufanga here.

4b. Janarius Robinson.

6. Quinn Meinerz.

7a. Marquez Stevenson.

7b. Max Duffy.
If I factor in blocking ability I have to lean Harris' way. I think that is what separates the two. Not that ET doesn't have attractive features.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s actually one of the better mock drafts I’ve seen. But I think they miss a couple of needs.

RD1- Najee Harris
Steelers have all but said they are drafting Harris if he’s there at 24.

RD2- Asante Samuel Jr
Without Nelson and Hilton this is a huge need. Haden can help bring him along and Sutton/Samuel can fight it out for outside and nickel spots.

RD3- Payton Turner Edge UH
Very big on Turner. I see him being versatile enough to play edge or inside depending on scenario. Gives good power to Highsmith’s speed. We lost Dupree and Adeniyi to the Titans. This not only fills a need it gives us needed depth.

RD4- Talanoa Hufanga S USC
I just don’t see Edmunds being here next year. Gets us a possible replacement and depth.

RD4- Kendrick Green OC Illinois
It was a toss up between David Moore and Green. Either are a little reach but both are gone before our next pick. Green is a freakish athlete that physically mirrors Pouncey. I feel the Steelers hope a Dickerson or Humphrey fall in round two but they don’t and Myers doesn’t quite make it to round 3.

RD6- Tony Poljan TE Virginia
I love the Fehoko pick but go a different way. Steelers are set for at least 1 more year at WR but need a quality #2 TE that can block. Poljan is a big bodied TE with decent hands and blocking ability.

RD7- Alaric Jackson OT Iowa
One of the most technically sound OT’s in the draft. Might have to kick inside to guard but I just love his hand usage and feel he will make an NFL team. I feel he starts before his rookie contract is up.

RD7- Michael Strachan WR Charleston
Freak of nature athlete who dominated 1-on-1 matchups where he physically just dwarfed his competition. Very limited route tree. But he is a hand catcher that tracks poorly thrown balls well. Above average blocker as well. Probably PS guy year 1 but with all the FA in 2022 he’d get a real opportunity.

I just want to point out that Adeniyi was never really a factor for the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. True he left for tennessee but will we miss him........ NO

Great Post Ford !!!!

Salute the nation

troymania

Reaction score
1st) Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame.
2nd) Micheal Carter RB North Carolina
3rd) Trill Williams CB Syracuse
4th) Trey Hill C Georgia
4th) Dayo Odeyingbo Edge/DE Vanderbilt
6th) Darius Stills DL WVU
7th) Jaelon Darden WR North Texas
7th) Grant Stuard LB Houston