• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock it, Version #8238-B

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 52740 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 27 (DET): Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Chad Muma, ILB/OLB, Wyoming (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (DET): Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (A+)
Round 3 Pick 36 (MIA): Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20 (MIA): Luke Goedeke, OG, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Leo Chenal, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Jaivon Heiligh, WR, Coastal Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State (A+)

Traded down twice and picked up two extra 3rd rounders and a 4th. Booth is an immediate starter, Muma and Chenal take over ILBer and improve the position, Jones and run-stuffer at DT. Offense gets a decent QB prospect, a very interesting WR (potential #1, big guy, fast), backup RB and a WR I like in the later rounds.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I agree with SF448 or Blitz...maybe both. The Bengals pulled the trigger on Joe Burrows, as they should have. However, he had his career nearly ended by a poor OL which has exactly ONE player left on it from the 2019 starting unit. Michael Jordan, the LG who was bulldozed by Johnathan Allen also allowed 5 hits, 3 hurries and 9 pressures prior to that hit. He was cut a year later. Even with 4 of 5 linemen being replaced, Burrow was sacked 51 times in 2021. It's a dangerous game to play with a franchise QB.
If the Bengals passed on Burrow they'd be drafting in the top 10 yet again with no hope in sight.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 48162 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20: Kenyon Green, OG/OT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): JoJo Domann, ILB/OLB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Neil Farrell Jr., DT, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Jesse Luketa, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Aaron Hansford, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2023 Round 1 Pick
2024 Round 1 Pick

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 51846 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25 (CINN): Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (L.V.): Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 25 (CINN): Henry To'o To'o, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Colby Wooden, DE/OLB, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Nick Cross, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Jesse Luketa, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2023 Round 1 Pick
2024 Round 1 Pick

other than the trades which would never happen, this is what i think the Steelers would do as of 02/11 will probs change 100 times

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh yinz killing me with Willis I fell like I am on a bad Different Strokes episode. I have no desire to copy the rats.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh yinz killing me with Willis I fell like I am on a bad Different Strokes episode. I have no desire to copy the rats.
I dont either. but I tend to do some of those drafts based on what I think the Steelers will do. they always take a skill player with a 2nd or 3rd, have to pick a random player from Maryland., Linemen late not early. this has been the trend.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If you think a QB is a franchise guy, it doesn't matter if the rest of your team is JV level, you take them.

Next year is going to be a waste so it's about getting the highest impact players at premium positions. I'm looking hard at finding top talent at QB, CB, EDGE, and LT. I believe the Steelers value center more than most teams and/or an athletic guard who can pull. Williams could've potentially been the top WR in the draft if not for his injury. I'll take a redshirt year if I get a No. 1 guy.
Amen...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Hoping they attack the C position in free agency. Just attack the weakest positions and upgrade. I think a part of me is worried they think Green will miraculously become that stud at C. He definitely wasn't trending that way. Not even a little bit.
I've stayed 'silent' on the "C" topic; but I think I'll interject - now...

Green, as we all know, is not Pouncey, and perhaps he's a better fit at G. Then I question, "is JC Haussenaur that bad at C? Can we upgrade him in the draft or thru free agency?" Methinks "if" they upgrade the position - it'll be thru FA.

I really like Leglue and the combo of him and JC in the middle created nice holes for Najee late in the year. I've never been sold on Chuks, but, apparently, he's better that Banner and held the RT position solidly all season. This position can definitely be upgraded this year in the draft - LT too.

So, what happens to Dotson??? If he's first year Dotson - Green is gonna be a bench player...

LT = Big Dan/draft another prospect
LG = Leglue
C = Hassenaur/upgraded during FA
RG = Dotson/Green
RT = Chuks/upgrade during draft or FA

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
LT = Big Dan/draft another prospect
LG = Leglue
C = Hassenaur/upgraded during FA
RG = Dotson/Green
RT = Chuks/upgrade during draft or FA
If this is what the offensive line looks like entering next season it will be another monumental failure by the front office and coaching staff.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If this is what the offensive line looks like entering next season it will be another monumental failure by the front office and coaching staff.
What didn't you care for LeGlue?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
What didn't you care for LeGlue?
He's backup caliber. Brief moments of success for the offensive line wasn't enough to get me hopeful for this season. We need a couple of talented players to start to piece this group together. Hoping the young guys get better and plugging in backups is not a solution moving forward.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He's backup caliber. Brief moments of success for the offensive line wasn't enough to get me hopeful for this season. We need a couple of talented players to start to piece this group together. Hoping the young guys get better and plugging in backups is not a solution moving forward.
They have money no need to plug in backup caliber types. No excuses for them this year. Get those lines upgraded.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • PIT

Cameron Thomas
    EDGE San Diego State

• PIT

Kyler Gordon
    CB Washington
    trade icon
  • PIT

Daniel Faalele
    OT Minnesota

• PIT

Leo Chenal
    LB Wisconsin

• PIT

Quentin Lake
    S UCLA
    trade icon

• 2023 ARI 2nd

Offensive line - fixed. A legit starting C, an immediate starter at RT. Secondary - fixed. Starters at CB and S. (Gordon is going to be excellent - reminds me a bit of Haden. Superb hand use, nice hip turn, good-not-great speed.) Lake is really good - I think he has a decent combine and winds up going in the 3rd.) ILBer - upgraded. Quite a bit. Potentially superb pass rusher in Thomas. If Thomas runs a 4.65 40, like I think, he never lasts this long.

Had to deal the 2023 4th to get Lake, but wind up with Arizona's 2nd so the Steelers have 4 of the top 90 picks in 2023 and likely to get a 4th as compensation for Juju/Haden signings.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
  • PIT

Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PIT

Sean Rhyan
    OT UCLA
    trade icon
  • PIT

Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma

• PIT

Verone McKinley
    S Oregon

• PIT

Mario Goodrich
    CB Clemson
    trade icon
  • PIT

Hassan Haskins
    RB Michigan

• PIT

DeAngelo Malone
    EDGE Western Kentucky

• PIT

Peyton Hendershot
    TE Indiana

• PIT

Tanner Conner
Berm you are one of the reasons I got sold on Davis. We were **** talking during the Championship game and I was like wtf is wrong. Why isn't Bama running inside power. You were like look at the guy in the middle.

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
Draft 1
20. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
52. Devonte Wyatt, IDL, Georgia
84. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington

Analysis: Picked up the best center in the draft and a guy who should be able to start as a rookie. Wyatt provides the needed IDL depth and Gordon comes from a school that does great work producing NFL DBs.

Draft 2
20. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
52. Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
84. Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky

Analysis: This draft took a turn when Williams fell to 1.20. I'm not worried about the ACL injury, he's a top-10 talent with good size (6'2") and speed. Give me a legit No. 1 receiver. At this point I am basically punting on 2022 and decided to take a risk with Ridder. He has good physical attributes and leadership abilities. I'm not sold on him, but why not? Kinnard profiles as a RT who is has room to develop.
I would love to get Williams. This team has no threat at WR.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
  • PIT

Jordan Davis
    DT Georgia

• PIT

Sean Rhyan
    OT UCLA
    trade icon
  • PIT

Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma

• PIT

Verone McKinley
    S Oregon

• PIT

Mario Goodrich
    CB Clemson
    trade icon
  • PIT

Hassan Haskins
    RB Michigan

• PIT

DeAngelo Malone
    EDGE Western Kentucky

• PIT

Peyton Hendershot
    TE Indiana

• PIT

Tanner Conner

If we got Davis at 20 I'd be a happy camper. He has Steeler written all over him. Probably the only guy in the entire draft this year that I'd be super excited over drafting.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Berm you are one of the reasons I got sold on Davis. We were **** talking during the Championship game and I was like wtf is wrong. Why isn't Bama running inside power. You were like look at the guy in the middle.

Guy is a hulk.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to get Williams. This team has no threat at WR.

So would I but Williams requires using #20 at the latest. I think going Mechie with pick 84 is the option. Yes, Mechie is out for 2022. Got it. But if he does not suffer the ACL injury in December and runs a 4.42 40, he is gone in the 1st.

So use #20 on a game-changer like Kaiir Elam, a lockdown CB, and #52 on a RT who makes the running game better TODAY, then Mechie III in the III. Me? I then go ILB'er with 138, either Chenal (my hope) or Beavers.

Secondary improved, OL improved, WR to be improved, ILB improved. Yeah, S and C still suck, QB is left for 2023. Got it.

Jeez, this team has more holes than Sargento's Swiss division.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
So would I but Williams requires using #20 at the latest. I think going Mechie with pick 84 is the option. Yes, Mechie is out for 2022. Got it. But if he does not suffer the ACL injury in December and runs a 4.42 40, he is gone in the 1st.

So use #20 on a game-changer like Kaiir Elam, a lockdown CB, and #52 on a RT who makes the running game better TODAY, then Mechie III in the III. Me? I then go ILB'er with 138, either Chenal (my hope) or Beavers.

Secondary improved, OL improved, WR to be improved, ILB improved. Yeah, S and C still suck, QB is left for 2023. Got it.

If they wanted to go somewhere else one and two, Skyy Moore would be a good third/fourth round possibility. This guy gets open and often.

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score

I don't disagree at all... Top end CB is harder to come by. We can't run Trai Turner out at OG next year. Thoughts on later round WR like Watson (NDSU), Roberson (SMU), Rambo (Miami)?