• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock the mock- CBS sports 7 rounder

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1 Najee Harris RB Alabama- The mocker forgot about him, I didn't. 2 Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma. 3 Kyle Trask, QB, Florida. 4 Keith Taylor, CB, Washington. 4b Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn. 6 Jonathon Cooper, EDGE, Ohio State. 7 Avery Williams, CB, Boise State. 7b Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
After this draft I would pick up a T and ILBer best available in the remaining free agency pool.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Najee Harris, RB, Bama
2. Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma (best C in the draft, per some scouts)
3. Kyle Trask, QB, Florida (this late? hard to pass up)
4A. Tedarrell Slaton, DT (big ugly on the DL to rotate in at NT)
4B. Paris Ford, S, Pitt (Shaka Toney or John Bates also considered)
6. Bryce Thompson, CB, Tenn
7A. Tarron Jackson, EDGE
7B. Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
7A. Tarron Jackson, EDGE
with Alualu coming back I discarded Slaton unless 6th or 7th round discount. With the presence of the vet they should give more time to Carlos & Buggs to develop

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
with Alualu coming back I discarded Slaton unless 6th or 7th round discount. With the presence of the vet they should give more time to Carlos & Buggs to develop
I think those first three picks he nailed. Would love the draft to shape up like that.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1 Najee Harris RB Alabama- The mocker forgot about him, I didn't. 2 Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma. 3 Kyle Trask, QB, Florida. 4 Keith Taylor, CB, Washington. 4b Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn. 6 Jonathon Cooper, EDGE, Ohio State. 7 Avery Williams, CB, Boise State. 7b Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina.

Wow, first 4 picks rock, Cooper and Williams are high-talent players that late. I think Cooper develops into a very solid OLB in the right scheme (Steelers). Not big enough to play DE for 50 snaps per game, but as a pass rusher, he is an excellent player for ROLB.

I think those first three picks he nailed. Would love the draft to shape up like that.

Yep, but I also really like Taylor in the 4th, Cooper 6th and Williams 7th. Taylor is big, very good speed, fits with the Steelers man concepts for the outside corners.

P.S. If JaCoby Stevens is available any pick after 128, grab him. A guy I think could be a steal in the later rounds.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
7A. Tarron Jackson, EDGE
1. Harris top RB in the draft and little depth for the position
2. Leatherwood OT, hope he makes it as a LT
3. Trask QB, good talent at high value spot
4a. Keith Taylor CB, he could take the dime CB spot in his rookie season
4b. Trey Hill C, there's our starter in the middle
6. Jonathon Cooper, EDGE, depth
7a. Tony Fields ILB, depth
7b. Luke Farrell, TE, blocking TE with upside

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, first 4 picks rock, Cooper and Williams are high-talent players that late. I think Cooper develops into a very solid OLB in the right scheme (Steelers). Not big enough to play DE for 50 snaps per game, but as a pass rusher, he is an excellent player for ROLB.

Yep, but I also really like Taylor in the 4th, Cooper 6th and Williams 7th. Taylor is big, very good speed, fits with the Steelers man concepts for the outside corners.

P.S. If JaCoby Stevens is available any pick after 128, grab him. A guy I think could be a steal in the later rounds.
Anthony Schwartz has speed to kill too. We are talking 4.2 speed. Avery has some serious return potential. Draft is always an exciting process.😁

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

29. Jamin Davis LB Kentucky [Absolutely perfect fit beside Bush. Stupid physical skills - 4.41 40, 42" vertical. Not a lot of actual college playing time]

55. Landon Dickerson OC Alabama [Yes, knee injuries. Rather get him later, but the dude is a mauler. He will destroy the Rats' DL]

79. Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa [Mean LT. Big, good feet. Not going to run on screen passes, but Dickerson + Brown = angry run blocking]

93. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater [RG of the future. Great in limited space and if Dickerson is tweeked, here's the guy]

128. Marquez Stevenson WR Houston [Speed, baby]

140. Cam Sample EDGE Tulane [Does not really fit the 3-4, but if the Steelers suddenly realize that more than 2 DL is a good thing, he's ready]

216. Shemar Jean-Charles CB Appalachian State [Skilled slot CB, mirrors receivers really well, decent size]

2022 BUF 4th
2022 LAR 5th

Moving around also got me two decent 2022 picks.

Time to get Conner on the phone ... tell him the line is a LOT better.