• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Montavious Adams and Chris Wormely Come Through

steelhurt

Reaction score
Big man played pretty well I thought in light of just snatching him from the Saints practice squad this past week. Did a good job of plugging the middle better than we've seen since Tyson A. was playing so maybe he's our man for the remainder of this season. Wormely played lights out and was obviously jacked up to be playing the team that TRADED him to a hated division rival. I just thought these two guys deserved a shout out and our recognition.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Both looked solid and the times TJ and Wormser were rushing in tandem they proved unstoppable...thank Colbert we have TJ!!! He’s worth the price of admission on his own and last night was reminiscent of when Deebo would decide to take over games vs the Rats. Nice win guys and a huge thank you to the D for showing out and getting us the W!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Definately both played very well and inspired. Is it really that easy to rob someone else's PS to get better at a position we have been missing since Alualu went out ? Yesterday proved that to be a YES.

Wormely seemed like a whole ne firecracker yesterday, I wonder what kind of gun powder he has been eating ?

Shout out to both !!!

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Adams was a damn good player for Auburn. I do recall wanting us to draft him. Though, I'm not going all Coach from my luxury Chrysler K-Car on y'all. Adams seemed to be more disruptive when he was on the field than we've seen in our previous incarnations of DEs playing NT. Heyward - Adams - Wormley were a nice front.

and, yes, Legue and Witherspoon showed up nicely as well.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we can add John Leglue to this shout out thread. This guy whoever he is did a pretty damn good job on the OL. Maybe he's the glue to mend this OL. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm a bit giddy here after this big win I didn't expect.
Small school guy who came from an even smaller known highschool. Played T,C, and G at Tulane which the Steelers really covet... versatility. He has a solid pass blocking background and his run blocking looked pretty decent Sunday as well. Finney really has struggled in his second stint with the team. Not saying this guy is a savior at G but... when I worked the pipeline I was on an environmental job that I accidentally sliced my hand open. It was pretty deep. No doubt could have used stitches. But you don't leave good money opportunities when you are blue collar. So I didn't. I glued it shut and bandaged it up every day. It was difficult as obviously you need your hands to work so it bled daily. But the glue still kept me from having to leave the job and seek medical attention. Perhaps he can be that stabilizing presence that can at least hold the position together enough to get the job done.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Small school guy who came from an even smaller known highschool. Played T,C, and G at Tulane which the Steelers really covet... versatility. He has a solid pass blocking background and his run blocking looked pretty decent Sunday as well. Finney really has struggled in his second stint with the team. Not saying this guy is a savior at G but... when I worked the pipeline I was on an environmental job that I accidentally sliced my hand open. It was pretty deep. No doubt could have used stitches. But you don't leave good money opportunities when you are blue collar. So I didn't. I glued it shut and bandaged it up every day. It was difficult as obviously you need your hands to work so it bled daily. But the glue still kept me from having to leave the job and seek medical attention. Perhaps he can be that stabilizing presence that can at least hold the position together enough to get the job done.
That there is some hard-*** American work ethic! I salute you!

Chicoman

Reaction score
Big Props to Adams coming in off the literal NFL Scrap Heap! He's a KEEPER!

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I said it during the 1st half. Adams had only been here a few days off someones practice squad and he looks like our best NT. He was going through people and around them all game long. I hope he continues to do that and improve. It will help when we end up moving on from Tuitt and Alualu retires in a year or two.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I’d strike while the iron is hot and grab another guy from the Saints ps heeheehee, it’s not like our 53rd guy is irreplaceable

Let’s find some more gold in them hills, I spy an OL ripe for the pickin’

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I said it during the 1st half. Adams had only been here a few days off someones practice squad and he looks like our best NT. He was going through people and around them all game long. I hope he continues to do that and improve. It will help when we end up moving on from Tuitt and Alualu retires in a year or two.
Year or two.... Both could be done now.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Adams did a heck of a job stepping in after just joining the team. I will say it was weird to see No. 57 playing on the defensive line. Wormley is a solid backup regardless of what some think. Of course when you thrust these guys into too many snaps their weaknesses will show. Not yesterday, though. Wormley had to love that performance against his former team.

I want to give props to Loudermilk as well. I hated the trade but loved the player. He had the look of a guy who in 2-3 years could develop into a dominant defensive lineman for us. So far he has looked quite good for being such a raw prospect. He has a physical presence on the field and if he's smart, will study everything Heyward does as a player because he can eventually develop into a very strong defensive lineman.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
All mentioned are worthy of these shout outs. But I love the Adams quick payout…. Despite all the modern changes, football is still a game won in the trenches and there IS a place for big nasty nose tackles even in 2021.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Year or two.... Both could be done now.
True but if Aluala can come back, I think he will. I just don't see Tuitt in a Steelers uniform again. I think they trade him with one year left on his contract if they can but they very well may end up just cutting him.

Buffalo66

Reaction score
Not very bright.

Buffalo66

Reaction score
Well hang in there you will eventually figure it out.
What is there to figure out? You are blue collar and needed the money.
Reminds me of a Dice Clay nursery rhyme.............Little boy blue.....he needed the money. Oh!