• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My favorite Steelers game. Besides SB.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That was the hardest game to watch that I ever remember. I was so nervous I just turned around and started painting my daughter's fingernails. I told her to tell me if something happened, lol...she was 2.

I also vowed to never watch another NFL game if we lost after they took away Polamalu's INT.

Steelmann

Reaction score
I was there. Loudest event ever been to.
The loudest roar I ever heard for a single play (on tv) was the Troy int against baltimore. You could feel the stadium shake all the Way to the pacific coast of Vancouver. 🙂

I will second you Blitz......Man I miss Troy!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There are a lot of great games and our division rivals seemed to be in several of them.

Little chest reach was a tough one but I liked the earlier more physical Hines Ward era against the Ravens, BEST rivalry in football.

Colts roar / stopping cheatriots win streak / couple Holloween games / 70's Defensive take over / so many others

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Remember that Monday night blow out game against the Ravens? I dont recall the year but the Steelers couldn't do anything wrong Silverback blew up that night, Hines blew up everyone.

Stewey

Reaction score
So many great games mentioned so I'll go with a blowout only because I especially enjoy a blowout when its against the Stains.

The Christmas Eve Massacre, Dec. 24, 2005

Steelers destroy the Clowns 41-0. What made that game extra special was James Harrison slamming a Stain fan to the turf.

jamesharrison-1.gif

Last edited:

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember that Monday night blow out game against the Ravens? I dont recall the year but the Steelers couldn't do anything wrong Silverback blew up that night, Hines blew up everyone.

Absolutely. 2007 - that part I had to look up. Remember game played in a steady rain, Ben with 5 TD passes in the 1st half, Harrison abusing the Rats' LT.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
January 1980, in San Diego. Maybe December. I'll gave to look it up. It was the first Steelers game I saw live. The Chargers won, but it was my first. I was in 10th grade, and lied to my dad about having tickets and meeting friends. I went by my self, sat by my self.

Great memory.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
January 1980, in San Diego. Maybe December. I'll gave to look it up. It was the first Steelers game I saw live. The Chargers won, but it was my first. I was in 10th grade, and lied to my dad about having tickets and meeting friends. I went by my self, sat by my self.

Great memory.

Damn! Now that’s a fan at a young age. Imagine a kid doing that in todays sick world? That’s a great story and I love it, but also after what happened with the kidnapping at the NBA game couple weeks ago scares the hell out of me to think of youngster doing that today.

diver

Reaction score
One of my favorites was in 2004, Ben's rookie year. Ravens at home. Maybe I should call it my favorite drive ever. The Steelers came out in the 2nd half, all running plays and drove it down inside the 5. Then Ben threw to Tuman for the TD. I just loved the physical offense. Really haven't seen it to that level since.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Kordell Stewart down 3 TDs (i think), brings them back for the win against the ravens. I think he had that big design run for 80+ yard TD in that game.

EDIT: Memory is a little fuzzy but STEELERS were down a bunch (mid late 90's)

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So many games I'll just thrown one out. .Steelers vs Bears 2005...

That was a great and memorable game.

One can see how hard it is to just have ONE favorite game, especialy after a lifetime of watching our beloved STEELERS.!

Salute the nation

strat68

Reaction score
Against the Ravens late int he season. Ben is getting heavy pressure from Suggs. Ben rolls left, and manages to sidearm the ball past the LoS to avoid a sack. Just a great heads up football play.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Lets see, my favorite was vs the Ravens in the AFC championship game by far… after that win i tried to chug a bottle of Gentleman Jack and lost my mind lol

After that there was

The bengal playoff game where tge bengals bungled the game away

Ben’s six td game vs the Ravens that I attended

Snapping the Pats win streak and shutting up those ******* fans

The game Troy ran over Palmer

The paper tiger game vs the Bucs

Steelmann

Reaction score
Another obscure one for us semi old timers. 1984. Mark Malone vs the undefeated golden boy Joe Montana. Not a chance in hell. My best buddy at the time slurped the 49er juice nonstop. It was frigging nauseating.
Frank Pollard had a big day against Ronnie Lott and the boys. John Stallworth caught a TD. Chuck Noll had a great game plan. And Brian Hinckle saved the day with a int return for a TD We all held our breaths as Ray Werschings missed an easy FG

Not as important as some of the above games,but it stopped the 49ers from a perfect season,and more importantly I’ve been able to throw that in my buddies face all these years.