• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My favorite Steelers game. Besides SB.

SteelerFanRC

Reaction score
Um. You are forgetting the immaculate reception game. I know the title of the thread is my favorite Steeler game non super bowl so I'll let you youngsters have a pass since it was before your time . But this has to be the first if not the best non super bowl game. It wasn't really what you would call an exciting offensive game but it spotlighted the Steeler defense and was certainly a sign of things to come . And then of course there was the ending. Just goes to show how difficult it is to compare games in different eras.

TheRealTazz864

Lowest IQ
Reaction score
One of my favorites was in 2004, Ben's rookie year. Ravens at home. Maybe I should call it my favorite drive ever. The Steelers came out in the 2nd half, all running plays and drove it down inside the 5. Then Ben threw to Tuman for the TD. I just loved the physical offense. Really haven't seen it to that level since.
Jeraime Tuman was THE BEST... I still have the Steelers hoodie he gave me (It's a little big on me, but it comes in handy as a housecoat...)

NYSteel

Reaction score
I remember that game. Steelers made it to the AFCCG that year, and would have faced Montana again in the SB if they won for a rematch..... But we got trucked by Miami, 45-28.

Steelers blitzed like crazy to try and pressure a rook Marino.... It didn't work.... We couldn't get to it him and he shredded our D. It was a tough day.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
This game was a long forgotten one. November of 1989, the Steelers- led by Bubby destroyed Dan Marino and the Dolphins. It was something like 35-14. I remember that it was just a downpour and the Steelers just dominated that game. 1989 was a pretty good year for the Bubster

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wild card win over the Oilers on New Years Eve 89. Last playoff win for Coach Noll. Was beginning to wonder if he'd get another win in the post season.
Watched that game with a lot of friends that weren’t even Steeler fans...what a game! Rod Woodson!