• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

my sleepers at cb @ wr

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Cb
Walt Aikens liberty,- I see some Ike Taylor possibilities big well built CB 6"0 205 who was impressive at sr bowl.

Pierre Desirl Lindwood had 25 int, a ball hawk in his draft video looks like prime time sanders in coverage,if we worked him out question is can he play the run, as a cb would give us someone other than # 43 to count on to get a intc. As well built 6"1 195

Philip Gaines, CB, Rice Another big CB 6"0 193 who ran a 4.38, a star at the combine, really stood out in drills

Dontae Johnson, CB, N.C. State 6-2. 200.4.45. decent at both the combine and sr bowl, started off as a lb a nc st, has made a nice transition to CB, is expected to be off the board by the 4th round.

Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State 5"10 190 4.57, gritty in your face pest, has big time play making ability had 6 intc, has solid instincts, at this moment looks ideal to play the slot, but I think a year as a 4th CB/6th db and a solid year in the weight room he could develop to a cb similar to Mcfadden and this past year's william Gay.

I am not going to list Purifoy or Robinson or Jean-Baptise as these Corners have 2-3 round grades only Purifoy is expected to slide big time, many scouts feel he should have entered next year's draft.
Robinson is good enough based on coverage that he should and will go round 2. I see Desir, Gaines, Johnson @ reynolds as guys who will be there in rnd 4 where many consider players as steals.

WR
I will start with wr's who will be taken mid rnd 3-5
Donte Moncrief 6"2 210- a big play threat has the ability to stretch the field and be a real threat in the red zone, runs good routes, very physical should go any where from mid rnd 3-4.

Martavius Bryant 6-5 211 4.42- A solid built big power wr with surprising fast straight line speed. Many expected him to have a better year finished the year with 42 rec 827 yds 7 td's. Depending on the rate wr's get off the board in round 2, if so bryant should be a round 3 pick, however some character issues could make him slide.

Brandon Coleman 6-6 225 4.56- only had 33 rec for 538 yds with 4 td's, many question if he has enough straight line speed to get open in the NFL as well beat the jam and get open quick enough. Built like a TE in a spread set can really create mismatches with his frame

Jared Abbrederis 6"1 195 4.5- Considered one if not the best route runner, despite playing in a run first heavy , offen and poor qb play still put up good numbers 78 rec 1081 yds 7 td's, since he ran a 4.5 and there are plenty of WR who are a inch or 2 inches shorter who had ran much beter i.e 4.3-4.4. This could let him slide to the the 4th round for a team that needs size.

*Cody Latimer 6"2 215 4.58-, A big physical WR who knows how to get open well make big plays as he torched the big 10 72 rec 1096 yd's 9 td's, runs good routes goes up to fight for the ball will be a good productive pro, range round 3-5.

Shaq Evans 6"1 215 4.51- was a td machine (9), Evans got poor qb play but to compensate for his low rec he had a greet combine @ sr.bowl. With great size and a knack for scoring should be a steal between round 4-6.

*Cody Hoffman 6"4 223 4.65- Is a good run after the catch wr, had a disappointing 2013 year was also suspended 1 game, compared to his 2012 numbers he came no where close 100 rec- 1248 yd's 11 td's, his numbers about shrank compared to 2012 but with his frame 6"4 223 4.65 even though being projected between round 4-6, could end up like Colsten.

Matt Hazel 6"1 198 4.50, blew up the east-west game, has drawn comparisions to Cecil Shorts111, had 70 rec 990 yds 9 td's, good route runner.

*Kevin Norwood 6"2 198 4.48, run pretty well at the combine, for Bama had a knack for making key plays 7 td's, only 38 rec because the tide are a run heavy team. With his speed and size and low production he is expected to be a day 3 pick, but has potential to be a good wr.

Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State 6-3.219 4.42.- just burned div 2 83 rec 1572 yd's 14 td's. As hard it is for div 2 players to get invites to the sr bowl, Janis did but did not stand out, with his frame even tough he played lesser competition someone will likely take a chance in rnd 6 or

Devin Street 6"3 198 4.55- A thick well built, has the talent to beat double teams but will he be able to get open at the next level and beat press coverage.

Last edited:

Stoney

Reaction score
That is not very easy to read.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Cb
Walt Aikens liberty,- I see some Ike Taylor possibilities big well built CB 6"0 205 who was impressive at sr bowl.

Pierre Desirl Lindwood had 25 int, a ball hawk in his draft video looks like prime time sanders in coverage,if we worked him out question is can he play the run, as a cb would give us someone other than # 43 to count on to get a intc. As well built 6"1 195

Philip Gaines, CB, Rice Another big CB 6"0 193 who ran a 4.38, a star at the combine, really stood out in drills

Dontae Johnson, CB, N.C. State 6-2. 200.4.45. decent at both the combine and sr bowl, started off as a lb a nc st, has made a nice transition to CB, is expected to be off the board by the 4th round.

Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State 5"10 190 4.57, gritty in your face pest, has big time play making ability had 6 intc, has solid instincts, at this moment looks ideal to play the slot, but I think a year as a 4th CB/6th db and a solid year in the weight room he could develop to a cb similar to Mcfadden and this past year's william Gay.

I am not going to list Purifoy or Robinson or Jean-Baptise as these Corners have 2-3 round grades only Purifoy is expected to slide big time, many scouts feel he should have entered next year's draft, Robinson is good enough based on coverage that he should and will go round 2. I see Desir, Gaines, Johnson @ reynolds as guys who will be there in rnd 4 where many consider players as steals.

WR
Donte Moncrief 6"2 210- a big play threat has the ability to stretch the field and be a real threat in the red zone, runs good routes, very physical should go any where from mid rnd 3-4.

Martavius Bryant 6-3 211 4.42- A solid built big power wr with surprising fast straight line speed. Many expected him to have a better year finished the year with 42 rec 827 yds 7 td's. Depending on the rate wr's get off the board in round 2, if so bryant should be a round 3 pick.

Brandon Coleman 6-6 225 4.56- only had 33 rec for 538 yds with 4 td's, many question if he has enough straight line speed to get open in the NFL as well beat the jam and get open quick enough. Built like a TE in a spread set can really create mismatches with his frame

Jared Abbrederis 6"1 195 4.5- Considered one if not the best route runner, despite playing in a run first heavy , offen and poor qb play still put up good numbers 78 rec 1081 yds 7 td's, since he ran a 4.5 and there are plenty of WR who are a inch or 2 inches shorter who had ran much beter i.e 4.3-4.4. This could let him slide to the the 4th round for a team that needs size.

Cody Latimer 6"2 215 4.58-, A big physical WR who knows how to get open well make big plays as he torched the big 10 72 rec 1096 yd's 9 td's, runs good routes goes up to fight for the ball will be a good productive pro, range round 3-5.

Shaq Evans 6"1 215 4.51- was a td machine (9), Evans got poor qb play but to compensate for his low rec he had a greet combine @ sr.bowl. With great size and a knack for scoring should be a steal between round 4-6.

Cody Hoffman 6"4 223 4.65- Is a good run after the catch wr, had a disappointing 2013 year was also suspended 1 game, compared to his 2012 numbers he came no where close 100 rec- 1248 yd's 11 td's, his numbers about shrank compared to 2012 but with his frame 6"4 223 4.65 even though being projected between round 4-6, could end up like Colsten.

Matt Hzel 6"1 198 4.50, blew up the east-west game, has drawn comparisions to Cecil Shorts111, had 70 rec 990 yds 9 td's, good route runner.

Kevin Norwood 6"2 198 4.48, run pretty well at the combine, for Bama had a knack for making key plays 7 td's, only 38 rec because the tide are a run heavy team. With his spead and size and low production he is expected to be a day 3 pick, but has potential to be a good wr.

Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State 6-3.219 4.42.- just burned div 2 83 rec 1572 yd's 14 td's. As hard it is for div 2 players to get invites to the sr bowl, Janis did but did not stand out, with his frame even tough he played lesser competition someone will likely take a chance in rnd 6
or
Devin Street 6"3 198 4.55- A thick well built, has the talent to beat double teams but will he be able to get open at the next level and beat press coverage.

See how much that helps

coupon

Reaction score
da bus will bowl you over

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Far56, is that you??

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
Nice write up I also am very high on Ross Cockrell, he was damn good in the Shrine game and could make a good 4-5 round pick with high potential.I am not a big college football guy but I watched the bowl games and this guy looked good in the East-West game. I am not sure if there is any video on youtube or not on him but he did very well there. Also Ricardo Allen and s/cb Tre Boston looked good in that game as well. F83, check him out I think you will like what you see:

School: Duke
Position: CB
Positive: Four-year starter and highly decorated cornerback coming off a somewhat disappointing senior campaign. Totals last year included 46 tackles, 3 INTs, and 13 PBUs. Career-best 71 tackles and five interceptions came as a junior. Nice sized cornerback best facing the action. Quickly locates the pass in the air. Displays a sense of timing and good ball skills. Nicely adjusts to defend the throw and shows good hands for interceptions. Stays with assignments, shows awareness in zone coverage, and has a nice move to the throw.
Negative: Struggles making plays with his back to the ball. Can be a liability in downfield coverage. Possesses just an average burst to the ball out of his plant.
Analysis: Cockrell was a consistent cornerback at Duke and will do well as a dime back in zone coverage.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cb
I am not going to list Purifoy or Robinson or Jean-Baptise as these Corners have 2-3 round grades only Purifoy is expected to slide big time, many scouts feel he should have entered next year's draft, Robinson is good enough based on coverage that he should and will go round 2. I see Desir, Gaines, Johnson @ reynolds as guys who will be there in rnd 4 where many consider players as steals.
WR
Martavius Bryant 6-3 211 4.42- A solid built big power wr with surprising fast straight line speed. Many expected him to have a better year finished the year with 42 rec 827 yds 7 td's. Depending on the rate wr's get off the board in round 2, if so bryant should be a round 3 pick.
Cody Latimer 6"2 215 4.58-, A big physical WR who knows how to get open well make big plays as he torched the big 10 72 rec 1096 yd's 9 td's, runs good routes goes up to fight for the ball will be a good productive pro, range round 3-5.
Cody Hoffman 6"4 223 4.65- Is a good run after the catch wr, had a disappointing 2013 year was also suspended 1 game, compared to his 2012 numbers he came no where close 100 rec- 1248 yd's 11 td's, his numbers about shrank compared to 2012 but with his frame 6"4 223 4.65 even though being projected between round 4-6, could end up like Colsten.
Matt Hzel 6"1 198 4.50, blew up the east-west game, has drawn comparisions to Cecil Shorts111, had 70 rec 990 yds 9 td's, good route runner.
Kevin Norwood 6"2 198 4.48, run pretty well at the combine, for Bama had a knack for making key plays 7 td's, only 38 rec because the tide are a run heavy team. With his spead and size and low production he is expected to be a day 3 pick, but has potential to be a good wr.
Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State 6-3.219 4.42.- just burned div 2 83 rec 1572 yd's 14 td's. As hard it is for div 2 players to get invites to the sr bowl, Janis did but did not stand out, with his frame even tough he played lesser competition someone will likely take a chance in rnd 6 or

Besides what another poster did for you, you could have left this sentence out.

hi

Reaction score
Desirl is not very intelligent. And martavious Bryant is a big time thug. Thanks for leaving out purifoy. I don't understand the steelers fan love for that guy. Again another thug.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Martavis Bryant is actually 6'5 211... And it is very unlikely that he makes it to the 3rd round.

Despite his production- a guy with that size and speed is a beast of a prospect

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
yea its me far 56 since woodley is gone, my keypad is seriously messed up much (daughter has hit the keypad way to much) and my ms office someone uninstalled loser friend, thus this was done in wordpad.
if bryant is a thug and a dumbass I am very high on latimer of iu.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score

freak

Reaction score
i like both cornerbacks named gaines

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
unfortunately, either CB named Gaines we get would get the nickname "Long"