• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee Harris, what do the Steelers do with him when he becomes a free agent?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
See this is the kind of perspective that gives a solid view. I do want to add I think his injury /recovery from and poor scheme contributed.

So he has this season to show just that that the injury slowed him. Another injury getting in the way that turns to Conner's issue of staying healthy. Healthy and still similar stats shows a less than attractive overall picture.

So as it stands now I think it is fair to say Najee is a capable moving the chains back and a capable pass catcher that needs to show more to think he anything beyond that. I think he was playing a little scared and started to get back to his style of running late season.

Hammer meet head, VERY well said and defined. Thanks for all your great post(s) along the way, Your sense of humor as well.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it wrong to hope Canada to miss time? He is the biggest catalyst to the offense IMO right now.

NOT at all Ike, O’Canada has needed to be shown the door mid last season. His first season was way enough to know he was in over his head.

The NFL is an “elite“ field of talent in players, but also in coaching. It is NOT an experimentation grounds to determine new coaching talent.

The happiest people are the opponents of the STEELERS this up coming season. It’s been said by many, the O’Canada offense is the easiest to defend against.

Maybe we get lucky and are able to ride our “weapons” into the POs and then some………

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
NOT at all Ike, O’Canada has needed to be shown the door mid last season. His first5 season was way enough to know he was in over his head.

The NFL is an “elite“ field of talent in players, but also in coaching. It is NOT an experimentation grounds to determine new coaching talent.

The happiest people are the opponents of the STEELERS this up coming season. It’s been said by many, the O’Canada offense is the easiest to defend against.

Maybe we get lucky and are able to ride our “weapons” into the POs and then some………

Salute the nation

At the half way point of the season, I was fully on board with firing Canada, but with both the running game and Pickett showing progress in the second half of the season, I can see why they brought him back.

I still probably would have made a change, given the Steelers have ranked near the bottom of the league in scoring each of the past two years, but there might be reasons for optimism.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
What sucks are people that don’t understand that, very often, a 1 or 2 yard gain is a great play that looks bad statistically.
Oh people do understand, but then there are imbeciles like Coach who couldn’t talk football intelligently around 10 year olds.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At the half way point of the season, I was fully on board with firing Canada, but with both the running game and Pickett showing progress in the second half of the season, I can see why they brought him back.

I still probably would have made a change, given the Steelers have ranked near the bottom of the league in scoring each of the past two years, but there might be reasons for optimism.

Imagine what a legitimate OC would do......................... Going from 31 to 26 Is progress, as little as that may seem..........

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I am in the 448 camp for most of the overall Najee eval. But you always throw **** in that is pointed out right before you posted. A backup with limited carries could easily have a better yard per carry. Fresh wheels and a different running style for the opposing defense to adjust to.

Hmmmmm I am pretty sure this has been discussed with you over the years.

FINE. Compare Harris to ANY expect starting back in 2023. What that he is last in YPR and YPC? Why?

Now we don't have the worst offensive line in football according to those who rate such things. Not that we don't need work on the OL but other players run better behind it. I would link 2022 but you have to pay for it. We upgraded this unit. The dog cap K Greene is out, replaced by a fair Cole and Davis was out best OL.

nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Mike drop.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
FINE. Compare Harris to ANY expect starting back in 2023. What that he is last in YPR and YPC? Why?

Now we don't have the worst offensive line in football according to those who rate such things. Not that we don't need work on the OL but other players run better behind it. I would link 2022 but you have to pay for it. We upgraded this unit. The dog cap K Greene is out, replaced by a fair Cole and Davis was out best OL.

Mike drop.
Who is Davis?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Mike drop.
The Oline is far from finished. Both tackles, BigDot, and Cole could be upgraded.

steelcan58

Reaction score

I can see both sides of the argument for firing or retaining Canada as long as 2023 is make or break for him.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Backup Jesse Davis? He probably meant Daniels but I am guessing.

Evidently your massive acquirement of “translation” skills have faltered when it comes to cooooch drivel…….. ?

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument for firing or retaining Canada as long as 2023 is make or break for him.

It isn’t. He will be retained because the “O” will make a progressive move mostly due to the upgrade of the OL. We went from 31 to 26, so to hold suit……. If we move to 21, that would be the criteria of secure employment.

Had a competent OC been installed immediately, this would be their third year as well, they would have this “O” 15 or higher.

Salute the nation

steelcan58

Reaction score
It isn’t. He will be retained because the “O” will make a progressive move mostly due to the upgrade of the OL. We went from 31 to 26, so to hold suit……. If we move to 21, that would be the criteria of secure employment.

Had a competent OC been installed immediately, this would be their third year as well, they would have this “O” 15 or higher.

Salute the nation
Time will tell but I don't think being marginally better will be enough to save Canada this season.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Time will tell but I don't think being marginally better will be enough to save Canada this season.
I hear yaz, and hope it takes more than marginal. There is a reason why other team’s players publicly say “this is the easiest offense in the NFL to defend against”.

The NFL isn’t a training grounds for inexperienced hires. O’Canada is running poor College level.

Salute the nation