• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee Harris, what do the Steelers do with him when he becomes a free agent?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry the disappoint you, but we kept the OC and this is not the worst OL in Steeler history. Warren had no trouble at all running behind this OL. Check his YPC and YPR and compare that to Harris. Go on try it! You won't for obvious reasons you big dope. Keep wearing those dark shades. They must help you, right? And the air quality by the way stinks in SLC. You must love it there.

They might indeed tag Harris? If he stays healthy? No way. What are you smoking? That is comedic gold.
Let's think about the logic in your response above and let's correlate it to your OP.

This is fun.

It is common knowledge that Coach Canada has been retained. Does that make his play calling (and we'll zoom in on last season to make things simpler for you) better??? Waiting on this response.

You say this wasn't the worst OL in the team's history. Prove it. Do ya wanna know why Warren made those spectacular plays??? It wasn't the OL, mon frier, it was because of the lack of tape on him. You know, coaches, players study before the game in an effort to win the game. Najee on the field equates to no less than 8 in the box. Warren not so much. Again, Najee is the only RB to compile back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons as a rookie in Steeler history.

I wear my shades, when necessary, to protect my vision. Plus, most of the cows, from your home town in Florida, dig them---same for SLC; so I'll keep wearing them, Spanky.

The inversion that you speak of is minimal and unnoticeable to me because I work inside. I don't spend the day or night driving in my luxury vehicle around the city adding to the air pollution. I don't love it here but I don't complain about it either.

Your last few nonsensical questions are too stupid to earn my response.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Let's think about the logic in your response above and let's correlate it to your OP.

This is fun.

It is common knowledge that Coach Canada has been retained. Does that make his play calling (and we'll zoom in on last season to make things simpler for you) better??? Waiting on this response.

You say this wasn't the worst OL in the team's history. Prove it. Do ya wanna know why Warren made those spectacular plays??? It wasn't the OL, mon frier, it was because of the lack of tape on him. You know, coaches, players study before the game in an effort to win the game. Najee on the field equates to no less than 8 in the box. Warren not so much. Again, Najee is the only RB to compile back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons as a rookie in Steeler history.

I wear my shades, when necessary, to protect my vision. Plus, most of the cows, from your home town in Florida, dig them---same for SLC; so I'll keep wearing them, Spanky.

The inversion that you speak of is minimal and unnoticeable to me because I work inside. I don't spend the day or night driving in my luxury vehicle around the city adding to the air pollution. I don't love it here but I don't complain about it either.

And **** for brains leaves out the fact that Najee was playing injured in the first part of the season. Funny how his stats improved as he got healthier.

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score

This is fun.

Agree with you.
Only thing about Utah is the liquor restrictions.
Come on man, I'm on vacation.

I find the state beautiful by the way.

Ok, back to the previously scheduled program.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Agree with you.
Only thing about Utah is the liquor restrictions.
Come on man, I'm on vacation.

I find the state beautiful by the way.

Ok, back to the previously scheduled program.

And they women are rather attractive too.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

This is fun.

Okay I did not know you wear them for medical reasons.

Sorry to disapiont you but there are no cows on the land I own. With the 17th game added, yes Harris barely reached 1,000 yards rushing last year. If it was 16 game season he does not! Your right is was history with an * He has a lowest yards per catch, and per rush, and lacks big plays over 15 yards...you know the type that lead to points. Harris is lacking among the starting nfl backs. He is sub par.

He was also hurt a bit in college and the pro's. Unlike yourself I can see he is staring to break down and with two seasons in, we have already seen his best. That best was good enough. We might have to tag him you say? :lol::lol::lol:

Your lack of football acumen is showing again.

Last edited:

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I did not know you wear them for medical reasons.

Sorry to disapiont you but there are no cows on the land I own. With the 17th game added, yes Harris barely reached 1,000 yards rushing last year. If it was 16 game season he does not! Your right is was history with an * He has a lowest yards per catch, and per rush, and lacks big plays over 15 yards...you know the type that lead to points. Harris is lacking among starting nfl backs. He is sub par.

He also hurt a bit in college and the pro's. Unlike yourself I can see he is staring to break down and with two seasons in, we have already seen his best. That best was good enough. We might have to tag him you say? :lol::lol::lol:

You lack of football acumen is showing again.
I feel dumber after reading this.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Harris will average less than 4.1 years carry and 7.0 years a catch. He's not that good. How many yards will he get? It depends on carries, but last year he was only above 100 yards once. I will call two times for next year. This assumes he is healthy and plays at least 15 games.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Harris will average less than 4.1 years carry and 7.0 years a catch. He's not that good. How many yards will he get? It depends on carries, but last year he was only above 100 yards once. I will call two times for next year. This assumes he is healthy and plays at least 15 games.
so if he averages 4.2+ you would consider that a good year and that he is not mediocre?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
so if he averages 4.2+ you would consider that a good year and that he is not mediocre?

Both 4.2 ypr and 7.0 ypc would be NFL best marks for Harris. I would consider that to be average. But he has not done that.

If he can do 4.5 and 8.0 now I consider that to be good. But I doubt he can be the primary back and average that amount.

Say someting nice about Harris? Well for now he is a cheap player on the CAP. I was for us drafting Etienne by the way.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Coach, if he is healthy all year what yards do you see Harris getting in 2023?

I’m no Coach here but I think Najee gets 1267 - 1443. Those are rushing only yards.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Again - to call him mediocre running behind one of the worst OL's in Steelers history WITH THE WORST OC in Steelers history---I'd call that very premature...
Yes, he leaves yards on the table, doesn't have breakaway speed. Other running backs run behind bad offensive lines too and can put up more than 4.0 yards per carry for a season.

Who'd I take ahead of Najee? No specific order:
1. Nick Chubb
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Derrick Henry
4. Jonathan Taylor
5. Saquon Barkley
6. Austin Ekeler
7. Josh Jacobs
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Aaron Jones
10. Travis Etienne
11. Tony Pollard
12. Alvin Kamara
13. J.K. Dobbins
14. Miles Sanders

I'm tempted to go Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall over Harris and I'll add in Bijan Robinson next season. That's middle of the pack.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Yes, he leaves yards on the table, doesn't have breakaway speed. Other running backs run behind bad offensive lines too and can put up more than 4.0 yards per carry for a season.

1. Nick Chubb
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Derrick Henry
4. Jonathan Taylor
5. Saquon Barkley
6. Austin Ekeler
7. Josh Jacobs
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Aaron Jones
10. Travis Etienne
11. Tony Pollard
12. Alvin Kamara
13. J.K. Dobbins
14. Miles Sanders

I'm tempted to go Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall over Harris and I'll add in Bijan Robinson next season. That's middle of the pack.
Harris never ran an official 40, 10 yard or 20 yard shuttle time. Nor did he ever run a come drill. He duped the Steelers. I think he a 4.65 type of 40 yard dash guy, who lacks acceleration, quickness, and agility. I would take Ken Walker over him now.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

1. Nick Chubb
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Derrick Henry
4. Jonathan Taylor
5. Saquon Barkley
6. Austin Ekeler
7. Josh Jacobs
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Aaron Jones
10. Travis Etienne
11. Tony Pollard
12. Alvin Kamara
13. J.K. Dobbins
14. Miles Sanders

None of the OLs above were as bad as ours. And I would put money on it that all of those OCs make Coach Canada look as vanilla as he is when it comes to game plans and schemes.

Think about this - our most elusive WR never scored this past season. Bad game plans/schemes or is he average too???

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Both 4.2 ypr and 7.0 ypc would be NFL best marks for Harris. I would consider that to be average. But he has not done that.

If he can do 4.5 and 8.0 now I consider that to be good. But I doubt he can be the primary back and average that amount.

Say someting nice about Harris? Well for now he is a cheap player on the CAP. I was for us drafting Etienne by the way.
So if he hits 4.5 yards per carry you are happy with his performance.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
None of the OLs above were as bad as ours. And I would put money on it that all of those OCs make Coach Canada look as vanilla as he is when it comes to game plans and schemes.

Think about this - our most elusive WR never scored this past season. Bad game plans/schemes or is he average too???
Diontae is around No. 20, so a below average No. 1. Who are you taking over Najee?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey dipshit, averaging 4.1 yards a carry = 1st down on three consecutive rush plays. 4.1 is an above average standard. You know, if you have a lot of first downs, you tend to score a lot. You have to score points to win games.……HEY! See what I did there? Jackass.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hey dipshit, averaging 4.1 yards a carry = 1st down on three consecutive rush plays. 4.1 is an above average standard. You know, if you have a lot of first downs, you tend to score a lot. You have to score points to win games.……HEY! See what I did there? Jackass.

IKE, 31 players in the NFL average over 4.2 years per rush. No need to mention YPC. Fool

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Harris never ran an official 40, 10 yard or 20 yard shuttle time. Nor did he ever run a come drill. He duped the Steelers. I think he a 4.65 type of 40 yard dash guy, who lacks acceleration, quickness, and agility. I would take Ken Walker over him now.

you know alot of those are QBs or Backup running backs?