• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee Harris, what do the Steelers do with him when he becomes a free agent?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I could list more. Ike is stupid. How many more RB in the NFL average more per rush and catch than Harris? Like every projected starter for 2023 an over half the back up. Harris sucks. End of.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I could list more. Ike is stupid. How many more RB in the NFL average more per rush and catch than Harris? Like every projected starter for 2023 an over half the back up. Harris sucks. End of.
Did you watch the last half of the season? I would bet he averaged 4.1-4.2 YPC. behind that pathetic line. he went from Mediocre to sucking in this thread. could it be that you just didnt like the pick and cant get over it?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Did you watch the last half of the season? I would bet he averaged 4.1-4.2 YPC. behind that pathetic line. he went from Mediocre to sucking in this thread. could it be that you just didnt like the pick and cant get over it?
The line wasn't pathetic though. It was middle of the pack. Now, can we talk about the yards Harris left on the table the past two seasons when the line did create holes or are we just ignoring that because we like the guy?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
The line wasn't pathetic though. It was middle of the pack. Now, can we talk about the yards Harris left on the table the past two seasons when the line did create holes or are we just ignoring that because we like the guy?
yes please show me the yards left on table stat. I never said I liked the guy but he certainly not as bad as a few of you fine folks think.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Two options, either too oblivious to recognize it or he conveniently ignores it. The agenda must go on
3rd option. he might have drafted NH 1st overall in Fantasy football? probs didnt think the Lisfranc would affect him for half the season.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Coach, Ike is NOT stupid. He has a lot of knowledge and intelligence to go with it.

It’s OK for you to not like Najee Harris for what ever reason but your stat picking is a little BizZarO World.

One of the things you don’t seem to take into consideration is the ability of the offensive line. Not a very good Line for any running back.

I would venture to say that at least 80% of the players you are talking about would average a full yard less than Najee when placed behind this line.

I would also venture to say that OC O’Canada is the worst offensive play caller and scheme game planner in the NFL. His offense finished 26th in the league, so take that into consideration as well.

Take any running back in the NFL, of your choice, and put him in directly for Najee ONLY to find that running back would average at least 1 yard per carry less than they did in their old team.

Salute the nation

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Hey dumbass, the only thing you could list more is your own stupid and asinine observations of how to sharpen crayons. In regards to “your list” (it isn’t), of the players mentioned 5 are QBs and 19 are starting RBs, only 6 RBs on your list made the playoffs. You can’t even argue your own point as your diction is as bad as your punctuation. Therefore, let me argue it FOR YOU and also disintegrate your view point at the same time.

First, Najee rushing average was 3.8 (not 4.1 as you claimed) per carry in 2022. That put him on the actual NFL stat list for 2022 at No. 40. Of the 39 players above him only 19 were starting RBs. Additionally, on this same list he finished 15th in yards gained. Of the 13 RB above him, 10 were starters (6 made the playoffs). Finally, and most importantly, Najee was 5th in carries. Of the four players above him, two had over 70 more carries (Only one RB of the four was in the playoffs-the top two did not make it). Three of those RBs offenses were all in the top 6 in rush yards per attempt (Henry was 16th), while PIT itself was ranked 25th. That isn’t a player or OL deficiency that is a pure PLAY CALLING deficiency from a OC who was in over his head with a rookie QB.

But you wouldn’t know this, as you only rationalize your opinion from the Walter Football subscription you pilfer from your neighbor’s mobile home mailbox. You solidify the definition of moron with each passing day.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hey dumbass, the only thing you could list more is your own stupid and asinine observations of how to sharpen crayons. In regards to “your list” (it isn’t), of the players mentioned 5 are QBs and 19 are starting RBs, only 6 RBs on your list made the playoffs. You can’t even argue your own point as your diction is as bad as your punctuation. Therefore, let me argue it FOR YOU and also disintegrate your view point at the same time.

First, Najee rushing average was 3.8 (not 4.1 as you claimed) per carry in 2022. That put him on the actual NFL stat list for 2022 at No. 40. Of the 39 players above him only 19 were starting RBs. Additionally, on this same list he finished 15th in yards gained. Of the 13 RB above him, 10 were starters (6 made the playoffs). Finally, and most importantly, Najee was 5th in carries. Of the four players above him, two had over 70 more carries (Only one RB of the four was in the playoffs-the top two did not make it). Three of those RBs offenses were all in the top 6 in rush yards per attempt (Henry was 16th), while PIT itself was ranked 25th. That isn’t a player or OL deficiency that is a pure PLAY CALLING deficiency from a OC who was in over his head with a rookie QB.

But you wouldn’t know this, as you only rationalize your opinion from the Walter Football subscription you pilfer from your neighbor’s mobile home mailbox. You solidify the definition of moron with each passing day.

Here you go dope. Boy you are a dull one.

A list of ALL rb and their YPR. Where does N. Harris rate? :lol: Let's see if you smart enough to count the backs who were better that had at least 100 carries. Note Warren who ran behind the same players had a much better YPR. hmm...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

A list of ALL rb and their YPR. Where does N. Harris rate? :lol: Let's see if you smart enough to count the backs who were better that had at least 100 carries. Note Warren who ran behind the same players had a much better YPR. hmm...

I am in the 448 camp for most of the overall Najee eval. But you always throw **** in that is pointed out right before you posted. A backup with limited carries could easily have a better yard per carry. Fresh wheels and a different running style for the opposing defense to adjust to.

Hmmmmm I am pretty sure this has been discussed with you over the years.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that. I think we'd all be in agreement that Harris is a bust if he takes 4.1 years for a carry, or 7 years to get a catch.
It will take him years to see his butchering of the English language and he still won't edit it / fix it.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to see a stat correlating ypr when against 8 men fronts, then add rookie QBs to the formula, then add short yardage game plan to it.

An easy measure is compare his tackles sufrered behind the LoS against other RBs

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd like to see a stat correlating ypr when against 8 men fronts, then add rookie QBs to the formula, then add short yardage game plan to it.

An easy measure is compare his tackles sufrered behind the LoS against other RBs
Here you go. Above league average in attempts, but also a subpar performance overall.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

I am smart enough to know that dipshits like yourself are unable to perform simple arithmetic rationalizations. How does the arbitrarily “100 carries” number equally qualifies to someone who had 272 carries?

It’s obvious you never passed 3rd grade.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go. Above league average in attempts, but also a subpar performance overall.

See this is the kind of perspective that gives a solid view. I do want to add I think his injury /recovery from and poor scheme contributed.

So he has this season to show just that that the injury slowed him. Another injury getting in the way that turns to Conner's issue of staying healthy. Healthy and still similar stats shows a less than attractive overall picture.

So as it stands now I think it is fair to say Najee is a capable moving the chains back and a capable pass catcher that needs to show more to think he anything beyond that. I think he was playing a little scared and started to get back to his style of running late season.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
yes please show me the yards left on table stat. I never said I liked the guy but he certainly not as bad as a few of you fine folks think.
Of the 48 running backs with 90 carries or more this season, Harris ranked LAST in rushing yards over expected with -81, according to Next Generation Stats. That means using the expected rushing yards metric, Harris performed below what analytics felt he should have gained. His RYOE/ATT was -0.3, which was 44th and he was 32nd in ROE%, which was the percentage of rushing attempts he exceeded expected rushing yards.

I know his performance improved after the bye week, but he rarely takes over a game and hasn't shown to be a consistent producer week after week. He's an average starter right now and the Steelers need more from him next season, just like the Steelers need Pickett to be better than a below average starter, or Diontae to be better than a lower third No. 1 receiver and George Pickens to be better than an average No. 2 receiver.

Talk about coaching and offensive line play all you want. Tomlin has shown he doesn't value either when it comes to his career. They've only built a good offensive line once during his tenure and have never won with scheme, but rather have just used the talent of the skill players to put up points. The only option to get better is for the players to perform better.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

See this is the kind of perspective that gives a solid view. I do want to add I think his injury /recovery from and poor scheme contributed.

So he has this season to show just that that the injury slowed him. Another injury getting in the way that turns to Conner's issue of staying healthy. Healthy and still similar stats shows a less than attractive overall picture.

So as it stands now I think it is fair to say Najee is a capable moving the chains back and a capable pass catcher that needs to show more to think he anything beyond that. I think he was playing a little scared and started to get back to his style of running late season.
Solid explanation right here by Slash. One more thing….of the RBs to the right of the dotted line, how many went to the playoffs? (Off hand I see one?)

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

What Harris showed against the Ravens is the type of back I thought we would be seeing every week when the Steelers drafted him. That was the kind of "take control of the game" attitude and running the Steelers need from him.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Solid explanation right here by Slash. One more thing….of the RBs to the right of the dotted line, how many went to the playoffs? (Off hand I see one?)
All about the QBs and the WRs right now. Probably the only true running back difference maker last year with McCaffrey getting to that offense in San Francisco. It's been a reason I've continually wanted to build the wide receiver depth on this team. The Steelers are in a bad spot if Johnson or Pickens has to miss any time.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
All about the QBs and the WRs right now. Probably the only true running back difference maker last year with McCaffrey getting to that offense in San Francisco. It's been a reason I've continually wanted to build the wide receiver depth on this team. The Steelers are in a bad spot if Johnson or Pickens has to miss any time.
Is it wrong to hope Canada to miss time? He is the biggest catalyst to the offense IMO right now.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
What sucks are people that don’t understand that, very often, a 1 or 2 yard gain is a great play that looks bad statistically.