• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee observations

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Coach has been gone way too long. His fragile, attention-seeking ego needs that goodness that is SN, so what is up? Hope he's okay.

I'll second that !!

EDIT: I think he is lurking

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What was ridiculous was that with maybe a slight discrepancy I thinknhe played every offensive snap in the game. Show my another nfl running back that does that. That was stupid.
I think I want to agree with you here. I get he is a good blocker and they want to get him comfy with reps. But it is an even longer season you don't want to burn him out. I am taking it his reps will decrease once McFarland returns or at worse later in the season similar to how he handled Claypool.

OR

That O'l saying............................ of Tomlin's................run E'm till the wheels fall off.!

I'm all for spelling him some durring each game and if game allows then early withdrawal .

Salute the nation

bigben

Reaction score
Got Najee locked and loaded on my fantasy team this week against a Raiders team that gave up over 100+yards and 2 TD to an undrafted free agent rookie Ty'son Williams and a 32 year old Latavius Murray.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
He was signed for special teams as well as FB. I think we can say as a special teamer it might be a pricey contract. But he did lead in reps there. What does a minimum vet cost you? What does a standout special teamer cost you? I am not up on that so no clue in comparison elsewhere.
How has Derek Watt stood out on special teams?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
How has Derek Watt stood out on special teams?
I haven't graded his assignments nor am I privy to that information. Really hard to tell from the naked eye. But if I was a guessing man I would look at his reps game to game and see if they stay the course increase or decrease. What is your feelings on his play?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't graded his assignments nor am I privy to that information. Really hard to tell from the naked eye. But if I was a guessing man I would look at his reps game to game and see if they stay the course increase or decrease. What is your feelings on his play?

I thought I read 4 offensive snaps and 6 ST snaps

didn't see any tackles

EDIT: I'd think a stand out STer would at least 1 tackle or maybe a "blocked" punt ot two per game......

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
His play has been innocuous. You see him make a tackle here or there, once in a while. 8 special teams tackles in a full season doesn't stand out to me. Just about any capable rookie could post those types of numbers in that amount of snaps, with a much smaller price tag.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
His play has been innocuous. You see him make a tackle here or there, once in a while. 8 special teams tackles in a full season doesn't stand out to me. Just about any capable rookie could post those types of numbers in that amount of snaps, with a much smaller price tag.
Nix was a great ST player and when he was used on offense showed to be very capable. He was my favorite player during his time here.

He averaged about 9 tackles a season, made a Pro Bowl, and at most made $1.7M/year, but his first 3 seasons were around $500K

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
He was signed for special teams as well as FB. I think we can say as a special teamer it might be a pricey contract. But he did lead in reps there. What does a minimum vet cost you? What does a standout special teamer cost you? I am not up on that so no clue in comparison elsewhere.
Yeah Slash, he’s a ST guy and that is pricey for a special teamer...no way in hell does he get paid like that if he ain’t TJ’s bro

Same reason a certain HB stays in our ps year after year...Mikey has a fetish for brothers

swal75

Reaction score
Players that Coach can't stand:

1. Troy Polamalu
2. Peyton Manning
3. Mark Kelso...
There's always room for a Mark Kelso joke, as long as there's plenty of space for it.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think Najee will be fine. Showed some power and burst. Might take first 5-8 games but he’ll get it.
My sleeper pick Elijah Mitchell is looking great. I was high on James Robinson last year and Mitchell this year.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and you would be just as wrong as steelworth

if he is lurking..**** off you clueless douchebag

Well if he isn't lurking around here then I hope he has found meaning in his life and that he is well.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Nix was a great ST player and when he was used on offense showed to be very capable. He was my favorite player during his time here.

He averaged about 9 tackles a season, made a Pro Bowl, and at most made $1.7M/year, but his first 3 seasons were around $500K
Nix also averaged 135 offensive snaps a season before the Steelers chose to practically remove the fullback from the game plan, which hasn't changed -- evidenced by Watt's grand total of 56 snaps in his year-plus in Pittsburgh. Makes no sense to pay the guy over 3 million a year, and then not use him on offense.