• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nascar 2019

ark steel

Reaction score
I started watching with 20 laps thinking it was almost over! Finally paused to to watch something else and just now finished. I thought one of those mustangs woulda snuck in 2nd.

Smash

Contributor
Reaction score
Horrible. The cars look like tear away jerseys and the aeordynamics suck. 4 wide at Darlington aughta be a treat. Ever seen so many sparks flying? They've killed nascar.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Horrible. The cars look like tear away jerseys and the aeordynamics suck. 4 wide at Darlington aughta be a treat. Ever seen so many sparks flying? They've killed nascar.

it really doesn't excite me much anymore. I think I watched the most two races last year. Now that a lot of the bigger stars have retired, I know about 1/3 of the field. I like the JGR and SHR teams, but not enough to keep my interest on Sundays.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Missed the race except for listening to the radio through my phone since my flight was timed perfectly to start and end the same times as the race. As a Ford Man I'm happy about them racing Mustangs instead of Fusion sedans. My dad is almost 83 and drives a Fusion. They need to allow more downforce or stickier tires or something so there isn't 11 damn wrecks in the last 20 laps of every race.

Josh Pray goes to Daytona. Same guy who does the Mike Tomlin press conferences.

scstillerfan

Reaction score
I have to say the racing has improved this year with the new engine package. Sure people lead lots of laps, but there is passing and real racing. Might start paying more attention.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Jeezus. Bristol used to be the hardest ticket to get in sports (Steelers home game was ranked #2). Today the seating in turns 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 are closed off totally and the front and back stretch are maybe 75% full at best. We went in '08 only because the brother of a friend had season tickets and couldn't go. And a Busch Brother won again, which may be another reason why people don't go to races like they used to.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Nascar ***** up another restart, which definitely affected the outcome. Ruined what was a good race.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Shoving off for Charlotte tonight. I will be on the roof of a motorhome inside Turn 4.
Memorial Day is the greatest race weekend of the year. Monaco Grand Prix at 9:00 am, Indy 500 at 12:30 pm, NASCAR Coca Cola 600 at 6:00 pm.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm finally going to get to drive on the Daytona International Speedway in November on the Rolex 24 hour 3.56 mile course. I've wanted to go on that track for so long.

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm finally going to get to drive on the Daytona International Speedway in November on the Rolex 24 hour 3.56 mile course. I've wanted to go on that track for so long.

That’s awesome
Only track I was on was Charlotte but that was walking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been on the CLT track in a car at the Richard Petty driving experience.......I could not wait to get out.

I do not know how those guys do it.

There is a reason they are all 5' 2"

Massive props to Buddy Baker.........

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I have been on the CLT track in a car at the Richard Petty driving experience.......I could not wait to get out.

Balls to do it.You get used to speed and confidence over time. It still can kill you quick. This is running my own car on a full circuit around 3-4 hours each day. That Petty experience is cool,but they only give you a few laps in a governed 150 mph stock car. I'll certainly hit higher than that by 20-30 mph weather permitting. I'll be running my pdr the whole time and probably a go pro on the bumper.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

I did the Rusty Wallace Experience a few years ago at a Pittsburgh area asphalt track. Once they lock the HANS Device on, you can't see jack except for moving your eyes left and right. I don't know how the pros do it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Race postponed due to rain. Tomorrow.