• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

National Championship Semi-Final Games

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
J Allen of alabama would look pretty good in the black n gold in place of Jarvis jones.... he's a beast and would be a great bookend to Dupree

^^^
Alabama puts out some decent linebackers in the NFL. I'd like a look at him too

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
That TD right there by the Bama RB (Scarborough?) is the nail in the coffin. Poor tackling by the Wash defense.

Alabama was just too big in the physical game. Washington played into Alabama's hands. A team that can run a good spread offense and keep Bama's big boys huffing and puffing would probably stand a chance. Once Alabama takes the lead, they will wear you out

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, MTC, that's pretty much what happened. Seems like Washington scored that first TD by mixing the pass/run games well ... then spent the rest of the game running into a wall. Like they were trying to prove they could be as physical as 'Bama. Screw that, only thing they should have been trying to prove is that they could play their game against 'Bama and possibly win that way.

Edit: Pens on in a few ... I'll be switching back and forth. Hope Murray heals up quick.

Reactions: MTC

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh just a formality... that weaselly POS Saban isnt getting beat by anyone. If the NFL made a minor league to get all the paid ought to be pros out of college, id be more ineterested

SteveA

Reaction score
Sure loved the old New Years day games as a kid....just not the same

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, MTC, that's pretty much what happened. Seems like Washington scored that first TD by mixing the pass/run games well ... then spent the rest of the game running into a wall. Like they were trying to prove they could be as physical as 'Bama. Screw that, only thing they should have been trying to prove is that they could play their game against 'Bama and possibly win that way.

Edit: Pens on in a few ... I'll be switching back and forth. Hope Murray heals up quick.

Yeah, they had Bama. I think Bama wins it again

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Clemson has a good QB. Should be a good game

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
tOSU has no trust in JT Barrett to make the downfield throw. None. Hell, I don't blame 'em. He hasn't been able to do it consistently since the Oklahoma game. And when he does, he's not accurate. My fear is that he doesn't leave this year since he's not going to the next level. But, the Freshman (this year) Haskins may make that choice irrelevant anyway.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelbuckeye,

I'll root for OSU for ya. If they win, I hope they take Bama.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think PSU had the downfield passing game to have at least played bama tougher. Now whether or not PSU's defense would have stopped bama is hard to say.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good stop by the defense on that short 3rd

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelbuckeye,

I'll root for OSU for ya. If they win, I hope they take Bama.

Thanks. I'm pretty good with however the game turns out. We're trotting out a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores so I though next year would be the year they made a push.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think PSU had the downfield passing game to have at least played bama tougher. Now whether or not PSU's defense would have stopped bama is hard to say.

That's how you beat Bama. It's pretty evident if they played from behind they would gas out. They are a ground & pound team. One of the disadvantages to being beefy upfront is staying on field is a *****. If anytime can keep Bama's defense on the field and spread them out. They are done. But that is easier said than done too