• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

National Championship Semi-Final Games

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty good with however the game turns out. We're trotting out a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores so I though next year would be the year they made a push.

Still early in the game. I think your guys can do it

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Still early in the game. I think your guys can do it

OH, I think they can too. I'm just not too optimistic about JT Barrett and his downfield passing. Which I think is key to this game. HAVE to be able to get Clemson to loosen up against the run. They're loading up to stop the run because they think JT won't be able to beat them with the pass. Can't say I disagree with the strategy.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
OH, I think they can too. I'm just not too optimistic about JT Barrett and his downfield passing. Which I think is key to this game. HAVE to be able to get Clemson to loosen up against the run. They're loading up to stop the run because they think JT won't be able to beat them with the pass. Can't say I disagree with the strategy.

He looks a bit uncomfy in the pocket. Samuel did have that catch

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The drop was on Samuel for sure. Can't have that in big games.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Which teams?

So far Ohio State is making a strong argument that their conference champ should have been the one included in the playoff.

Get over it. Want to play in the tourney? Don't lose to Pitt, or Missedagain by 39. Better yet, beat us next year at our house. TWO losses on the season. That's what kept PSU out.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Get over it. Want to play in the tourney? Don't lose to Pitt

Clemson lost to Pitt, they're in.

You should hope Clemson wins, Bama will leave Barrett and the OSU program embarrassed on a national stage.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Clemson lost to Pitt, they're in.

You should hope Clemson wins, Bama will leave Barrett and the OSU program embarrassed on a national stage.

I see you cut off the second and third parts of my statement. PSU lost to Missedagain by 39. THIRTY-NINE. They lost TWICE on the season. Had they not lost twice, they would've been in instead of tOSU. That's not what happened.

As far as this game. I guess you didn't read my earlier response about my expectations for our Freshman and Sophomore loaded team. That's OK Skippy. Enjoy the Rose Bowl.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Those short screens are working against OSU's defense. Renfrow has good acceleration after the catch

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. I usually root for SEC teams(except for Florida). But Bama? Nick Saban is the devil ;)

Funny thing is that Nick got his start at my Alma Mater (University of Toledo). Loved him there. Dislike him at 'Bama. But, dislike or not, you have to respect the man's resume.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I see you cut off the second and third parts of my statement. PSU lost to Missedagain by 39. THIRTY-NINE. They lost TWICE on the season. Had they not lost twice, they would've been in instead of tOSU. That's not what happened.

As far as this game. I guess you didn't read my earlier response about my expectations for our Freshman and Sophomore loaded team. That's OK Skippy. Enjoy the Rose Bowl.

Oh, losses... Why isn't Western Michigan in?

In a couple hours, Ohio State will have lost TWICE on the season, including once to the team that lost to Pitt... perhaps by 39 if this keeps up.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Switching back to the Pens lol. Scoring opportunities galore

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, losses... Why isn't Western Michigan in?

In a couple hours, Ohio State will have lost TWICE on the season, including once to the team that lost to Pitt... perhaps by 39 if this keeps up.

If that's what makes you sleep better tonight Skippy.

I'll tell ya what... This is my last night to spend with my son while he's on leave. He's back safe from Afghanistan and I've had a smile on my face since Christmas Eve. Hell, even a Buckeye loss by .. let's say 60 wouldn't upset me. In the big scheme of things .. it's meaningless.

So, "IF" your intent is to try to make me feel some kinda way ...naaaw .. lol .. I'd suggest you find somebody else to recruit to join you in your cesspool of misery. lmao. It's a GREAT day to be alive!

Happy New Year Skippy!

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My nephew goes to Ohio State, so I'm pulling for them, unless I'm offered a bribe to pull for Clemson.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Funny thing is that Nick got his start at my Alma Mater (University of Toledo). Loved him there. Dislike him at 'Bama. But, dislike or not, you have to respect the man's resume.

Saban is work 'em hard coach. His teams are always #1 as a result. Cannot fault the guy

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
What are the chances Urban Meyer switches QB's in the 2nd half? Barrett has looked uneasy, his receivers have had some drops too however. If OSU can disrupt the screen passes, maybe, just maybe they stand a chance. Clemson is pretty damn good

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'd rather be watching Penn State playing Clemson right now, but it is what it is. Alabama looks like it could beat a few NFL teams. I just don't see any of the teams left beating them anyway.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
If that's what makes you sleep better tonight Skippy.

I'll tell ya what... This is my last night to spend with my son while he's on leave. He's back safe from Afghanistan and I've had a smile on my face since Christmas Eve. Hell, even a Buckeye loss by .. let's say 60 wouldn't upset me. In the big scheme of things .. it's meaningless.

So, "IF" your intent is to try to make me feel some kinda way ...naaaw .. lol .. I'd suggest you find somebody else to recruit to join you in your cesspool of misery. lmao. It's a GREAT day to be alive!

Happy New Year Skippy!

You replied to my reply to Bermuda. Glad you have perspective. I salute your boy! I was just pointing out that OSU got the invite and they aren't doing much to show they deserved it as a non-conference champ.

Happy New Year!... my name's not Skippy.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
All yinz have a happy new year and stay safe tonight. I don't think OSU can pull it off, but glad SteelBuckeye gets to spend time with his son. Bermuda, I am gonna root for Bama if Clemson wins. Gotta keep the trophies in the SEC. Have a good night guys

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
What are the chances Urban Meyer switches QB's in the 2nd half? Barrett has looked uneasy, his receivers have had some drops too however. If OSU can disrupt the screen passes, maybe, just maybe they stand a chance. Clemson is pretty damn good

Slim to none. J.T. is his boy. Haskins is redshirting and I don't think he likes Barrows much. J.T. has been uncomfortable throwing to these young receivers this year and it's shown. In the past, he had receivers that made him look good as far as accuracy; they were a little more polished than the Frosh/Sophs he has this year. He hasn't trusted the new guys and therefore he's been/still is reluctant to just pull the damned trigger.
Just my opinion.