• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NCAA National Championship Game Day Thread - Georgia vs. Bama

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Firstly, congrats to all of participants this year - there were no 'undefeated teams' and the cream, if you will, rose to the top. It will be another epic SEC rematch for the top spot in college football.

MTC, I'll see you on the other side of this---Berm is heading to the liquor store now...

Roll Tide Roll!!!

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing is we both haven’t lost appetites. So eating solid foods

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I will be watching for potential draft prospects.😁

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I will be watching for potential draft prospects.😁
Nakobe Dean = #17 MLB UGA. Dude is a James Farrior clone. Really smart player and can play sideline to sideline, reads offenses well and knows how to cut off angles

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Nakobe Dean = #17 MLB UGA. Dude is a James Farrior clone. Really smart player and can play sideline to sideline, reads offenses well and knows how to cut off angles
Yeah I saw him in their last game he really stood out.👊

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Current line Georgia -3.

The line started UGA -2.5 then went up to 3 then back down to 2.5 and now back up to 3.

That tells you that the public likes Georgia so they are betting them until it moves to e and then the Bama money comes in and then it moves back to 2.5. If you want to bet Bama you should probably do it now while it’s 3 points. If you want Georgia, I’d keep watching it and wait for a drop to 2.5.

of course if you like Bama, you are probaly better of taking them straight out to win on the moneyline which is currently +120. Which means for every dollar bet you win 1.20.

I’m pretty surprised Georgia is favored. I figured after the way Bama handled them, Bama would be favored. There seems to be only 2 explanations for UGA to be favored.

1. People think it was just 1 bad game for GA and they got right vs Michigan and they will get Bama this time.
2. Much of the nation is just sick of Bama and is pulling for GA.

I’m thinking it’s a combo of both.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man. And prayers to you as well.
You doing good? Tested positive on friday correct?
I'm actually feeling 'symptom-free'. Still have a random cough, sneeze every now and then but I'm fully vaccinated and boosted. My wife, however, isn't and she's been in the hospital every since...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely watching Dean - he can instantly upgrade our hairy Bush...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Current line Georgia -3.

The line started UGA -2.5 then went up to 3 then back down to 2.5 and now back up to 3.

That tells you that the public likes Georgia so they are betting them until it moves to e and then the Bama money comes in and then it moves back to 2.5. If you want to bet Bama you should probably do it now while it’s 3 points. If you want Georgia, I’d keep watching it and wait for a drop to 2.5.

of course if you like Bama, you are probaly better of taking them straight out to win on the moneyline which is currently +120. Which means for every dollar bet you win 1.20.

I’m pretty surprised Georgia is favored. I figured after the way Bama handled them, Bama would be favored. There seems to be only 2 explanations for UGA to be favored.

1. People think it was just 1 bad game for GA and they got right vs Michigan and they will get Bama this time.
2. Much of the nation is just sick of Bama and is pulling for GA.

I’m thinking it’s a combo of both.
"Much of the nation is just sick of Bama..." That's rich!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Presently, he's tracking as a late 1st round but I think that's wrong - he'll be somewhere between 10-16 IMO...
Yeah I was thinking his stock could be rising. Good play in bowl games will do that for them.