• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

new 7 rounder to mock or curse.

I

Idioteque

So glad the board is back up and running, where else would I get to see Idiot take and leave what he wants from a post and claim to be right. The topic was Beachum, Supe tried to stay on topic, and still never went into a full on defend Jones mode. Trying to compare Jones and Beachum is retarded. Beachum will be entering his third year, Jones should be cut before his second...or at least that's how most of you think.

No one is saying Beachum is a finished product, but unless he is going to sprout 3-4" he is LIMITED as a LT in the NFL. I personally would rather have a TRUE LT protecting Ben so that Beachum can go back to being the main backup for the interior of the line.

You skipped over a lot.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So glad the board is back up and running, where else would I get to see Idiot take and leave what he wants from a post and claim to be right. The topic was Beachum, Supe tried to stay on topic, and still never went into a full on defend Jones mode. Trying to compare Jones and Beachum is retarded. Beachum will be entering his third year, Jones should be cut before his second...or at least that's how most of you think.

No one is saying Beachum is a finished product, but unless he is going to sprout 3-4" he is LIMITED as a LT in the NFL. I personally would rather have a TRUE LT protecting Ben so that Beachum can go back to being the main backup for the interior of the line.

You skipped over a lot.

yes, you missed where Idiot wants to take a "flier" on Antonio Richardson...where in this mock Richardson was picked before our selection.
Please, try to stay off topic and blurt out random nonsense so you can fit in with Idiot's flaming bullshit.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
To get us back on topic lol. Plus I posted tge mock then forgot to do one of my own.

Just to be a little different.

1.15 Eric Ebron TE
2.46 Stephon Tuiit DE
3.97 Cody Latimer WR
4.118. Taylor Hart DE
5.157 Antone Exum DB
5.173 Brock Vereen SS
6.192 Ross Cockrell DB
6.215 Phillip Gaines DB
7.230 Matt Hazel WR

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
To get us back on topic lol. Plus I posted tge mock then forgot to do one of my own.

Just to be a little different.

1.15 Eric Ebron TE
2.46 Stephon Tuiit DE
3.97 Cody Latimer WR
4.118. Taylor Hart DE
5.157 Antone Exum DB
5.173 Brock Vereen SS
6.192 Ross Cockrell DB
6.215 Phillip Gaines DB
7.230 Matt Hazel WR

why would you take Stephon Tuiit? You must hate Suisham.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Dale lolley chimes in.

Interesting mock draft
I readily admit that I look at other people's mock drafts. Of course, the first thing I do is glance at who the mocker has the Steelers selecting.

If it's an outlandish pick - this year that would be any mock that has the Steelers taking an offensive lineman first - I quit reading. Otherwise, I'll continue and take in the rest of the mock.

Of course, most mocks, after having the Steelers focusing on nose tackle Louis Nix early, have settled in on the Steelers taking a cornerback or wide receiver of late.

Those wouldn't be bad picks.

But lately, another name has started to surface that makes some sense, North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron.

In fact, Lance Zierlein, a Houston-based media member whose father also happens to be former Steelers offensive line coach Larry Zierlein, threw Ebron's name out last week on Twitter in connection with the Steelers.

I went back and forth with him a bit on it and it made sense.

Then, while perusing the internet, I found the Walter's Football site five-round mock and lo and behold, there was Ebron going to the Steelers again.

Looking at that draft, again, it made sense.

Here's what Walter's had for the Steelers through five rounds:

1. Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
3. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
4. Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
5A. Anthony Steen, G, Alabama
5B. Ron Powell, OLB, Florida

I think the Steelers would be thrilled with that haul.

Ebron would be an immediate matchup problem for opponents when paired with Heath Miller. Do you stay in a base defense with both tight ends on the field or go to a sub-package?

Verrett, at 5-10, 189 pounds, is a little undersized, but he's fast (sub-4.4 40) and feisty enough to get the job done at the NFL level.

I've long been a fan of Moncreif and couldn't believe he'd last until the end of the third round, but looking at this mock, it made sense. This WR draft is just that deep.

Urban has also been on my radar as a 3-4 end. He's 6-7, 295 pounds and played out of position at DT the last two seasons after Virginia switched from a 3-4, where he was an end, to a 4-3.

He's not an outstanding athlete, but he's active and gets his hands in the passing lanes.

Steen, of course, was a three-year starter at RG for Alabama, which is no small feat.

Powell, meanwhile, has outstanding upside. He tore his ACL twice in 2012, but rebounded with a solid season in 2013. His arrow, as Mike Tomlin likes to say, is definitely pointed up.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
You skipped over a lot.

I did so purposely, I didn't need to bring up the pissing contest that ensued after the almost all football discussion. I addressed what needed to be addressed, that you pick and choose what you want to use to make yourself "right" in your eyes. Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills could clearly see what Supe was referring to when he was talking about Beachum. But then again, this IS SN, it was only a matter of time before Jones, Tomlin, or Timmons was brought into a conversation they had to part of in the beginning...

I

Idioteque

I did so purposely, I didn't need to bring up the pissing contest that ensued after the almost all football discussion. I addressed what needed to be addressed, that you pick and choose what you want to use to make yourself "right" in your eyes. Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills could clearly see what Supe was referring to when he was talking about Beachum. But then again, this IS SN, it was only a matter of time before Jones, Tomlin, or Timmons was brought into a conversation they had to part of in the beginning...

Then you don't have a frame of reference. Let me fill you in a bit.

Supe has a boner for me. Has for years. Me being a Laker fan, he used to chase me around the board with Kobe Bryant jokes and telling me how playing ball with Jalen Rose made him a basketball genius. He seeks out my posts and goes nuts over them, has for years in fact. Consider this: when the board went down this last time, I registered on another Steeler board. Guess who popped up on the same board around that time, with a new user name made from his own little catch phrase, talking only about Timmons, responding only to my posts?

It's weird.

Furthermore, he brings it on himself. Everyone is wrong sometimes, and everyone talks out of their element sometimes. I've had my *** handed to me on this board more than once;. I remember going back and forth over the likes of Brian Urlacher and Eugene Monroe and being proven dead-*** wrong, or having my whole stance shot to ****. I assure you, Supe sounding like an idiot is not what prompts me to point out that he's an idiot. It's his attitude. When someone not only talks out of their ***, but puffs up their chest and chuckles at everyone else to do it.. they're going to get called out. That's why I rag on him so much over Randall Cobb. Awhile back, he trolled his way into some thread I was in and the subject of Randall Cobb came up. When I called Cobb a slot receiver, he copped a ****-eating attitude and tried to ridicule me over what a dumbass I was for even suggesting that Cobb was a slot receiver. So, I felt some sense of obligation to give him stats that showed Cobb ran out of the slot 90% of the time. As I said, I didn't call out his douchenozzlery because he was wrong about Cobb; it was because he had a **** attitude despite being so incredibly wrong.

As for this discussion, his stance was clear: Beachum is bleh and has reached his potential and is in need of an upgrade, but how dare you lose patience with Jarvis?!? (And yes, he's been driving the "Free Jarvis" bus for quite awhile. He doesn't like the idea of criticizing Jarvis, and he lets ya know, whether it's solicited or not.) When he told us that Beachum was a finished product and TAS was an idiot for thinking the same about Jarvis, I felt the need to call out his stupid crap.

I apologize for the offense it caused you.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I just think its funny that someone bothers YOU with that type of attitude... considering how much you portray almost the exact same mentality.

And like I said, so glad the board is back up

I

Idioteque

I just think its funny that someone bothers YOU with that type of attitude... considering how much you portray almost the exact same mentality.

And like I said, so glad the board is back up

I stalk posters from thread to thread, board to board? You'll have to enlighten me there.

I also encourage you to point out times in which I've called someone an idiot out of absolutely nowhere, with no solicitation of any kind, just for disagreeing with me. I think that's more of a Supe/Par thing.

ark steel

Reaction score
So, TAS is the first to bring Jarvis into the conversation about Beachum, specifically, mentioning Supe. Supe responds and you are so offended that you feel the need to respond. And you think Supe is YOUR stalker?

I guess if you think "XXX showed nothing" is not criticism....

I

Idioteque

So, TAS is the first to bring Jarvis into the conversation about Beachum, specifically, mentioning Supe. Supe responds and you are so offended that you feel the need to respond. And you think Supe is YOUR stalker?

Yep. Being followed to every thread and board I visit for nearly a decade has worn on me.

I guess if you think "XXX showed nothing" is not criticism....

No, I think it's just about a factual statement. One sack from your ROLB in nearly 700 snaps across 14 games is, indeed, showing nothing. However, we all know how criticism of Steeler players is looked upon here, so perhaps TAS should have toned down his atrocious attitude.

From this day forward, there are two categories of Steeler players: Hall of Famer and almost-Hall of Famer. Jarvis is in the latter group.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
LMFAO. so you registered at Steelers Fever and I registered as Supe. I think I posted there three times and will exaggerate and say 25. In fact, I exchanged texts with Ark, Southern Steeler and Heinz57 more than anything else when the board was down.

Stalking you? ha. I did not know this was the Idiotequenet. My bad, honey.

and I would like to point out the hypocrisy you're unwilling to see.
you wanted Antonio Richardson.
He's a LT.
Beachum is a LT.
Why on Earth would you want Antonio Richardson when we have Beachum?

and you really need to brush up on your spreadsheet skills. I've NEVER been on the "free Jarvis Bus". I've said in this very thread I'm taking a wait and see approach. I thought he was a good college player and could become a good LB for us...but didnt think he was **** outta the box. Unlike you and your advanced metrics on a sliding scale.

I apologize for brusing your taint regarding Kobe. He was an ***. Probably still is. I did shoot ball with Jalen Rose, but never, ever made that my pedestal for basketball knowledge.
But, you keep reading what you want.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how you look at things. Jarvis flashed alot to me last year. He showed potential. You could see where he needed to get stronger to be able to finish. He held his own against the run. He wasnt a sleeve. You could also tell he was thinking alot instead of just reacting. Hopefully with a year under his belt in the weight room and in his playbook he takes a huge step forward. I dont get the "showed nothing" label

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how you look at things. Jarvis flashed alot to me last year. He showed potential. You could see where he needed to get stronger to be able to finish. He held his own against the run. He wasnt a sleeve. You could also tell he was thinking alot instead of just reacting. Hopefully with a year under his belt in the weight room and in his playbook he takes a huge step forward. I dont get the "showed nothing" label

why do you hate Greg Warren so much? Big Papi must not have made a selfie with you.

ark steel

Reaction score
Yep. Being followed to every thread and board I visit for nearly a decade has worn on me.

No, I think it's just about a factual statement. One sack from your ROLB in nearly 700 snaps across 14 games is, indeed, showing nothing. However, we all know how criticism of Steeler players is looked upon here, so perhaps TAS should have toned down his atrocious attitude.

From this day forward, there are two categories of Steeler players: Hall of Famer and almost-Hall of Famer. Jarvis is in the latter group.

Just because it is a factual statement doesn't preclude it from being criticism, does it? If I say "Supe is an *******", it is still criticism even when it is, clearly, a factual statement.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
As far as Beachum. If he is in the weight room getting stronger I have no problem trotting him out there next year. He is consistent. Doesnt make the killer mistake.. Hopefully this year we can run behind him a little more. That being said if an top LT fall to us in the first I take him. He is not that good where I pass on Lewan or Matthews if they fall. Same goes with OLB if Barr falls I will definitly consider him. The 3-4 defense can never have two many pass rushers and competition spurs players. Look at Brown. Tomlin made him compete with Sanders and that I think that helped his development.

I

Idioteque

LMFAO. so you registered at Steelers Fever and I registered as Supe. I think I posted there three times and will exaggerate and say 25. In fact, I exchanged texts with Ark, Southern Steeler and Heinz57 more than anything else when the board was down.

That's very cute, but Supe is not the username I'm referring to. It's the stalky one you set up on roughly the same day I first posted over there. The username was your catch phrase, the one you repeat pretty much day after day, post after post, assuming it to be clever. This mysterious poster referenced specific discussions/***** fits you've had with me on this board. This poster only discussed Lawrence Timmons, and only responded to me, and I think has disappeared since roughly the time this board came back.

Again.. it's weird.

and I would like to point out the hypocrisy you're unwilling to see.
you wanted Antonio Richardson.
He's a LT.
Beachum is a LT.
Why on Earth would you want Antonio Richardson when we have Beachum?

My opinion of Beachum is irrelevant. But I'll play along. Like you, I'd rather see Beachum at RT and take a stab at a better LT prospect in the draft (Richardson, Turner, etc.). I just found it high-larious that you were closing the book on the guy's potential, while begging us all to leave Jarvis alone.

and you really need to brush up on your spreadsheet skills. I've NEVER been on the "free Jarvis Bus". I've said in this very thread I'm taking a wait and see approach. I thought he was a good college player and could become a good LB for us...but didnt think he was **** outta the box. Unlike you and your advanced metrics on a sliding scale.

You've been ripping into those criticizing Jarvis for quite some time.

I did shoot ball with Jalen Rose

Yes, we know. Probably all of us by now.

but never, ever made that my pedestal for basketball knowledge.
But, you keep reading what you want.

Your words, not mine. I remember that conversation pretty clearly because it was one of the stupidest, most self-important things I'd ever read on here.

I

Idioteque

Just because it is a factual statement doesn't preclude it from being criticism, does it? If I say "Supe is an *******", it is still criticism even when it is, clearly, a factual statement.

Is criticism a problem?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
you are one obtuse ************. you know that, right?

CLEARLY I have nothing better to do than scour the world wide web and search for what some dipshit named "Idioteque" is doing. CLEARLY.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Something about Lewan as a LT that I just don't like. I''m sure Balt will draft him though and plug him at RT. I'll let Adams and Dilbert compete for RT duties, and let Beachum be the LT for next year. Hell, what if Adams looks great and wins the LT job. I do feel, however, that unless Matthews falls, there is no way we will take and OT in rds 1-2.

We will prob go cb, then wr/DL

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The Steelers gave him(Lewan)a strong look so im just mentioning him. If he is the highest rated player i wont be mad if they take him. Just like now i still wouldnt be mad if they took Nix. Two down player or not. Its very important to our defense to stay in front of the chains and force teams into predictable passing situations. Teams running and picking up 3-4 yards consistently is a NO NO. So its a number of ways they can go. Stack'em on the board and take the best available. Which means we could go in a number of directions.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I stalk posters from thread to thread, board to board? You'll have to enlighten me there.

I also encourage you to point out times in which I've called someone an idiot out of absolutely nowhere, with no solicitation of any kind, just for disagreeing with me. I think that's more of a Supe/Par thing.

I can think of several threads before the board went down where you would bring the same discussion into multiple threads with me or antdrewjosh, just over and over and over... but you get on people for doing the same thing, even when they weren't the ones that did it in the first place. And maybe... JUST MAYBE, people refer to you as an idiot because it's so prevalent in your username? Nah that couldn't be it.

I guess I should get back to my HOF voting for all the Steeler players currently on the roster, you know, since that's all the board is and you can't criticize anyone around here...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I can think of several threads before the board went down where you would bring the same discussion into multiple threads with me or antdrewjosh, just over and over and over... but you get on people for doing the same thing, even when they weren't the ones that did it in the first place. And maybe... JUST MAYBE, people refer to you as an idiot because it's so prevalent in your username? Nah that couldn't be it.

I guess I should get back to my HOF voting for all the Steeler players currently on the roster, you know, since that's all the board is and you can't criticize anyone around here...

I wasnt going to mention it lol. But seriously come on gentleman lets get back to the draft. Otherwise this will go on forever