• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

new 7 rounder to mock or curse.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
If it's an outlandish pick - this year that would be any mock that has the Steelers taking an offensive lineman first - I quit reading. Otherwise, I'll continue and take in the rest of the mock.

Here is the part that Dale Lolley states that makes me wonder what he is thinking. Why would you dismiss it if the mock has them taking an OL in the first? They visited Matthews, Robinson, and Lewan. They had the GM, HC, and OL coaches at those pro days.

Here are some articles on them being at Pro Days:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/13/steelers-get-good-look-at-michigans-taylor-lewan/
Representatives from 24 NFL teams — including Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, and offensive line coaches (including Munchak) from the Steelers, St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles — were on hand for Michigan’s pro day on Wednesday.

Jeremy Fowler of CBS tweeted: "Hearing the Steelers have done a lot of research on OT Taylor Lewan, with several team folks (Tomlin included) in and out of Ann Arbor."

Colbert was also at the Pro Days of Robinson and Matthews.

Here is my thing, if you were not interested in a first round offensive linemen, I mean at all, why spend the resources to research them at their Pro Days? Did they have nothing better to do?

It is the idea that you can rule out a position because you do not think it is justifiable that really baffles me. I guess it is because we have a long-term answer at LT and future HOFer there.

I wonder if he rules out mocks that show them taking Mack or Clowney (if they fell)? Because we have a 1 year guy who was a first round pick and a transition tagged player at the other spot. Logically, OLB should not be a concern either, but I bet if Clowney/Mack fell, the Steelers would be all over them like a fat kid on a cake.

If Robinson or Matthews fell, they would be on their *** too. They would be stupid to not be........

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I agree TMC. Clowney Mack Robinson and Matthews are the only players i would advocate trading up for. Maybe Evans if he got to 12 or so. But like you said im not ruling out LT at all. The trenches it where it starts and where it ends if you dont have it. Which is why i believe players like Tuiit are high on the Board. Also if Barr fell to 15 Im thinking long and hard about taking him. Worlids has not signed yet. And this would be great insurance if he is asking for the world. Or if Jones doesnt pan out. Scouts are comparing Robinson to Larry Allen why the hell wouldnt you take that. I think Bell is going to be a heck of running back and drafting someone to help him and Ben is a no brainer if they are there. There are CBs and WRs that will be there later that can help us.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Worilds signed. He hasn't been extended yet.
Wouldnt that happen after Woodley's money is freed up?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Sorry about that a long term deal I meant.

Vader

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks the Steelers are set at OL and aren't even looking at 1st rounders are out of their mind. Pouncey and Gilbert are FA after this season. It took both Adams and Gilbert just to play ONE position (RT). LT is less sure because Beechum is an unknown and there is nobody behind him.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks the Steelers are set at OL and aren't even looking at 1st rounders are out of their mind. Pouncey and Gilbert are FA after this season. It took both Adams and Gilbert just to play ONE position (RT). LT is less sure because Beechum is an unknown and there is nobody behind him.

They improved down the stretch. But can they sustain it? And like you said contracts are coming up. Has to be considered. Also they still left something to be desired in the run game. Very rare was there a gashing hole for Bell to run through. He made alot his yards on his by being tough. Like to see him with some big holes to run through from time to time.

Last edited:

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score

Nope. It could happen at any time. He counts over $9M against the cap, any extension would certainly lower that number.

I

Idioteque

I can think of several threads before the board went down where you would bring the same discussion into multiple threads with me or antdrewjosh, just over and over and over... but you get on people for doing the same thing, even when they weren't the ones that did it in the first place. And maybe... JUST MAYBE, people refer to you as an idiot because it's so prevalent in your username? Nah that couldn't be it.

You are clearly not grasping this. I don't go after people out of nowhere. Antdrewjosh liked to bring me up a lot, so he got responses. Sometimes he did it by name. Sometimes he was passive-aggressive about it, mentioning things I'd said in the past and managing to avoid typing "Idioteque." Sometimes he would wait until Stalkerman or someone else mentioned me by name, then piggyback on their comment. Furthermore, he would do it without any support for what he was saying, without even the courtesy to copy-n-paste from NFL.com like Stalkerman does. So, again, he got responses. Maybe I should have ignored it more, but it is a ******* internet discussion board.

You didn't see me popping into threads to fling specific, off-topic **** at specific posters I don't like, unless I'm specifically goaded into doing it. And you certainly don't see me doing it for 9 years straight.

Idiot is one of the more civilized things I've been called by Stalkerman.

I guess I should get back to my HOF voting for all the Steeler players currently on the roster, you know, since that's all the board is and you can't criticize anyone around here...

The board used to be different. Disagreement was "allowed" and even appreciated at one point.

ark steel

Reaction score
Is criticism a problem?

Nope, but you are the one that said "If you could call it criticism, that is". Well, it clearly is criticism, whether founded or unfounded. I just wondered why you didn't consider it as such, is all.

I

Idioteque

Nope, but you are the one that said "If you could call it criticism, that is". Well, it clearly is criticism, whether founded or unfounded. I just wondered why you didn't consider it as such, is all.

You're right. I should have been more clear that I was referring to unfair criticism, not criticism in general.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So glad the board is back up and running, where else would I get to see Idiot take and leave what he wants from a post and claim to be right. The topic was Beachum, Supe tried to stay on topic, and still never went into a full on defend Jones mode. Trying to compare Jones and Beachum is retarded. Beachum will be entering his third year, Jones should be cut before his second...or at least that's how most of you think.

No one is saying Beachum is a finished product, but unless he is going to sprout 3-4" he is LIMITED as a LT in the NFL. I personally would rather have a TRUE LT protecting Ben so that Beachum can go back to being the main backup for the interior of the line.

You are clearly not grasping this. I don't go after people out of nowhere. Antdrewjosh liked to bring me up a lot, so he got responses. Sometimes he did it by name. Sometimes he was passive-aggressive about it, mentioning things I'd said in the past and managing to avoid typing "Idioteque." Sometimes he would wait until Stalkerman or someone else mentioned me by name, then piggyback on their comment. Furthermore, he would do it without any support for what he was saying, without even the courtesy to copy-n-paste from NFL.com like Stalkerman does. So, again, he got responses. Maybe I should have ignored it more, but it is a ******* internet discussion board.

You didn't see me popping into threads to fling specific, off-topic **** at specific posters I don't like, unless I'm specifically goaded into doing it. And you certainly don't see me doing it for 9 years straight.

The board used to be different. Disagreement was "allowed" and even appreciated at one point.
you dumbshit.
YOU were the one who had to sully their skirt by jumping into a thread thinking I was the one who brought up Jarvis Jones in a discussion about Beachum. THEN, when shown (another) error of your ways, you continued off topic despite acknowledging your glaring fuckup.

THEN you drive right off the cliff of stupidity by saying I shouldn't be doing this, that or your mother by showing examples of what you are doing to continue re-hashing the past.
and trying to validate that by using Randall ******* Cobb. Who gives a flying **** about Randall Cobb other than yourself?
and I used the Randall Cobb example since YOU were the first to bring it up...not me. YOU.

Jesus Christ eating ice cream on a hot sidewalk you're a self-absorbed ************.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
hopefully that will be the last time I acknowledge one of your posts, you dense shitbag.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Lmao this guy. Bruh you just like to think everything is about you. If i didnt mention your name then I wasnt referring to you. Like you said its a free country and its a message board so if I agreed with something someone said. Whats it to you? Sometimes people make points I agree with. Only you would think its about you. Lol the stalker thinking he is being stalked. SMH

I

Idioteque

Just an explanation of why I responded the way I did. Randall Cobb was brought up to point out how your ****** attitude leads to you being called out.

You piss your pants when confronted. So do I, apparently. Get over it.

I

Idioteque

Lmao this guy. Bruh you just like to think everything is about you. If i didnt mention your name then I wasnt referring to you. Like you said its a free country and its a message board so if I agreed with something someone said. Whats it to you? Sometimes people make points I agree with. Only you would think its about you. Lol the stalket thinking he is being stalked. SMH

So if I started posting about "dipshits that bring up Troy's quotes from an America's Game DVD" you would assume I'm talking about somebody else?

I

Idioteque

At this point, I'm just talking in circles. I apologize for my role in hijacking this thread. Just that nine ******* years is a long time to be followed and sniped at from thread to thread, board to board.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So if I started posting about "dipshits that bring up Troy's quotes from an America's Game DVD" you would assume I'm talking about somebody else?

I wouldnt give a ****. See your opinion means jack **** to me. Just cause you dont agree with me doesnt make it wrong. Who the **** are you? See I ignored your stupid stance on being stalked this whole time cause my name wasnt mentioned. When clearly you have displayed Stalker tendencies before that everyone clearly remembers.

I

Idioteque

Well, I'd disagree on your definition of stalking. I don't think that defending myself against your sniping bullshit falls under that definition. But whatever gets yer dick hard, I guess.

Moving on.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Clearly this is what happens when you have a whole message board filled with FNGs....

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Defending yourself lol. Gotta love it. Its amazing how you remember things..

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Phillip Gaines was in the southside for a visit and the paper that shall not be named says he is now being viewed as a solid second round guy. So much for waiting til late to get him looks like. He was possibly the smoothest looking DB at the combine. Tape looks good too. Ra'shede Hageman was also in.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hageman and Gaines 1-2 would be nice

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hageman and Gaines 1-2 would be nice

In a trade down. Not sure one gets the most value with picking him at 15..............