• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New Jersey numbers rule changes,

swal75

Reaction score
I remember that there was this huge push for this change about 10-13 years ago or so when Reggie Bush wanted to wear #5. I actually don't care about the change and agree that 0/00 should be used and maybe even 01-09

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Shields had the size and ability to have been a beast Safety.

He lacked the right mindset. He was outworked by someone of lesser pedigree — Brent Alexander — for the starting lineup. He effectively just quit instead of working harder as he most certainly would have gotten another chance. Alexander was limited and our secondary was desperately in need of what his abilities could bring in 2001-02.

Considering he never played in NFL again after 2000, Ones got to wonder if he doesn’t have regrets looking back.
Yeah Bill, spot on summation. He was another Kendrell Bell in training camp. Making plays and being “everywhere”as a rookie. The local media camp write ups I remember saying defensive coaches were looking at each other “like the cat that swallowed the canary” grin. His rookie year the DC (Haslett or Lewis?) kept the responsibilities simple so he shined. Unfortunately, during the second camp he couldn‘t (or wouldn‘t) learn the more intricate details of the scheme and was passed up by Alexander because of his experience in the system, which Cowher felt was more important at the end of camp. All I remember about him in his second year not being named starter was from the PG stating he was taken by surprised and “pissed” about the demotion. That could have been a motivation tool by Cowher, that Shields obviously didn’t take to and led to his removal after 2000. I could have sworn I remember seeing him on a NFL Europe team after he got released, but it may have been another guy.