• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New Mock Draft: Pitt to Pittsburgh?

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Even though it is not April 28th, 2022, there is still no shortage of people looking toward the future. At this moment in time, there has already been some people who have come out with their own mock drafts.

Much of the talk surrounding the first pick for the Pittsburgh Steelers centers around the quarterback position with the current signal caller most likely retiring after this season. The current ideal at the quarterback position is a player who is suiting up for the University of Pittsburgh.

Senior quarterback Kenny Picket is currently predicted to be one of the first quarterbacks taken in the draft, according to ESPN“s Jordan Reid. As it stands, the Steelers would most likely have to trade up in the draft to get the quarterback and snag him from another team who may potentially be in the top 10.

The Steelers are currently projected to be the 19th pick in the first round, and if they stay at that position, they will most likely draft an offensive lineman or try and get a quarterback. If they do move up however, it is most definitely for a quarterback.

Do you think the team moves forward to draft the Pitt Panther Kenny Pickett? Will they draft any other position before quarterback? Let me know in the comments!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he falls to them, maybe but I wouldn't trade up to get him. At this point, I'd probably go best NT/DL or OL available. We really need to start replenishing and making both sides of our big uglies a strength moving forward. We know about the OL. They are young and should improve but adding a stud would be nice. The DL is getting old. Heyward probably only has a few years, tops, left. Who knows about Tuitt. Alualu has been good but is hurt and well into his 30's. We really need to add a young stud there. For me, as I have been preaching since Big Snack retired, we need another stud NT that can command double teams and collapse the pocket. A NT like that can and should play all 3 downs despite what the pundits say.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
A weak QB class with about 5-6 guys that are all similar (they each have notable flaws and don’t necessarily resemble a “franchise” QB). It seems all 5-6 of the top prospects would be late 1st (at best) to more likely mid 2nd/early 3rd type grades.
With several of the teams picking early also having multiple picks and recently having addressed the QB position with draft picks already taken in the last year or 2 these guys should drop. I’m all for taking a look at one of these “flawed” guys but likely no earlier than the 2nd and definitely not trading up the n the first.

1st:OT
2nd: QB- if the right guy falls or WR
3rd: BPA Defensive player

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
I see Willis as first wb then it could be between corral and Pickett I would in rnd 1 go nt or rg and trade to top of rnd 2 for Pickett.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
absolutely not.

Our 1st pick should be on Jordan Davis - NT from Georgia.
after that, BPA while filling positions of need.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If he falls to them, maybe but I wouldn't trade up to get him. At this point, I'd probably go best NT/DL or OL available. We really need to start replenishing and making both sides of our big uglies a strength moving forward. We know about the OL. They are young and should improve but adding a stud would be nice. The DL is getting old. Heyward probably only has a few years, tops, left. Who knows about Tuitt. Alualu has been good but is hurt and well into his 30's. We really need to add a young stud there. For me, as I have been preaching since Big Snack retired, we need another stud NT that can command double teams and collapse the pocket. A NT like that can and should play all 3 downs despite what the pundits say.
A stud NT could be found in the 3rd round , their draft value has lowered

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it's just my opinion, and admittedly I know nothing, but I think the Steelers end up drafting higher than 19th, so there maybe more draft options next April.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A stud NT could be found in the 3rd round , their draft value has lowered
Maybe. I'm talking an every-down NT, not a 2 down NT. Heck, even Cam Heyward was talking about how important the NT is in their D. He was talking about Buggs and how he is great on one play and then bad (in not so many words) on the next. They need the NT to play every down.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

I don’t know why people think Pickett is going to be anywhere near us… mocks are showing him as one of the top couple qbs off the board and usually the top qb… he is top ten in most drafts… he won’t be in the bottom or probably even the middle of the first.. and certainly not in the second

He raised his stock immeasurably… he is top 5 in most college passer categories and
the only real question is his hand size…

Now a more interesting thing mentioned in the mock i tagged here isnt that they have pickett going top ten, its that the giants may be looking to cut bait with Daniel Jones … who has been stuck on a crappy team for three years but shows good flags for development

He has an arm, sufficient accuracy, is more mobile than anyone we have had on our roster in a while, and is about to hit that 4 th year starter threshold that often sees a step up from game manager to something more

This would be the kind of qb to target if we are looking for a guy who we can pkug in now and has long term potential

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I still believe the Steelers dropped the ball with the reloading process and will enter next season with the OL as the biggest weakness for the second year in a row. A big problem is they’ll need a starting cornerback as well. This draft has a lot of top end talent at the position and I believe it’s an area they could target in the first round.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Mark Madden says Big Ben is coming back next year.

That is crazy, man! How much longer are the Steelers going to interfere with Mason Rudolph's inevitable journey to the Hall of Stoudt?!?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Do I think they should move up to draft Pickett? Yes.
Do I think they will move up? No.
Of course if they keep playing like they did today they won't have to trade up.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben is not the problem on this team. Hopefully he comes back next year

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Don't think they need to move up any longer, the way they are playing they could end up in top ten on record.

steelcan58

Reaction score
There's no sense drafting the next "franchise" QB while the OL is in its current state. All that will happen is he'll get his brains bashed in and be set up for failure.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you guys, The Steelers will be drafting in 10-12 pick range come the draft. Picket may be there and if he is, they had better not pick him. We need an OT/NT ASAP.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you guys, The Steelers will be drafting in 10-12 pick range come the draft. Picket may be there and if he is, they had better not pick him. We need an OT/NT ASAP.
I don’t think we need to draft a nt top ten… an ot on the other hand would be a nice move… though again I would trade down and pick up a glut of picks…

We need an OT, probably a guard/center type, a top end wr, a NT, a ilb, a safety, and another CB plus depth at olb

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
We need an OT, probably a guard/center type, a top end wr, a NT, a ilb, a safety, and another CB plus depth at olb

Is this the summer we're set to have a significant amount of cap space? Also, we can presume Ben comes off the books with retirement. We could be a major player in FA this year, something that's been non-existent for us. Which is great news, as the draft won't be nearly enough to replenish the holes on this squad.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If their first 2 picks are not OL, who they have under center will be irrelevant. Canada is the biggest issue with the offense, and OL is a close second.