• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Bringing in the Black National Anthem, For the forseeable future.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Really? Do you live in Hungary too? LOL
Very simply:
Woke is a term, originating in the United States, that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance regarding gender and sexual orientation.

If you aren't woke then you're a raciss.

"Snowflake" gained it's prominence after Trump beat Hillary. Aimed at stunned cry baby liberals and their seeking out of "safe spaces".
No, but I live in a state of constantly being hungry. So, I snack ..... a lot.
Woke, Sleepy, Snowflake or Snowball .... I really don't care. I've seen neighbors fly Trump signs waaaay past election days. I've seen neighbors with Biden **** still in their yards now. They're both ******* stupid. I wouldn't tell them that though. Because their stupidity is none of my business. As is what they have flying from their flag pole or planted in their yard.
Guess, what ... What the NFL plays before a game is none of my business either. If it ever offends me, I'll stop watching. Because no one forces me to watch.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think the anthem should be played at any sporting event. It is largely disrespected anyway, by people of all stripes. In the years that I have attended sporting events (it's been a couple years) where the anthem is played, people are sitting, talking, on their phone, getting beer, or just plain acting like obnoxious ********. Song is disrespected every time it is played in some form or another. Just play some damn music until puck drop, first pitch, kickoff.
Bro, this assessment is SPOT ON!!!

Stewey

Reaction score
I'm not sure why there is so much push against the actual song. Calling it "woke" is laughable considering it was publicly performed for the first time, as a poem, for Lincoln's birthday.

The song is not called "woke". The song is part of white guilt liberal agenda to awaken you this so called discrimination and racism ..as if we were living in 1964.
When or where it was first performed is irrelevant

The black national anthem is NOT the name of the song, that was a nickname given to it back around 1919 by the NAACP during the Jim Crow era when black people were made to feel like not a part of this country......not welcome in the same areas as white people and broadly looked down upon. It's actual name is Lift Every Voice and Sing, and it's quite an inspirational and beautiful hymn.......very spiritual.
Exactly. So why the need to play it before a football game in 2021?

To get you "woke" that's why.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Really? Do you live in Hungary too? LOL
Very simply:
Woke is a term, originating in the United States, that originally referred to awareness about racial prejudice and discrimination. It subsequently came to encompass an awareness of other issues of social inequality, for instance regarding gender and sexual orientation.

If you aren't woke then you're a raciss.

"Snowflake" gained it's prominence after Trump beat Hillary. Aimed at stunned cry baby liberals and their seeking out of "safe spaces".
Ok. I'm tired of seeing it. The word is spelled "R-A-C-I-S-T".

Sheesh...

Can we move this chyt thread to P&R??? It's going off the rails...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Have there been a reports from the first day of camp yet? Holy **** .. Round and round with this bullshit.
Ok. I'm tired of seeing it. The word is spelled "R-A-C-I-S-T".

Sheesh...

Can we move this chyt thread to P&R??? It's going off the rails...
Eh, let 'em spell it how they want to. Every time I see their spelling of it, I read it in this voice. Which probably distracts from their point .. but, oh well (shrug).
0*yt7Mwvdb8e08xxhk.jpg

NCSteelerfan

Reaction score
The song is not called "woke". The song is part of white guilt liberal agenda to awaken you this so called discrimination and racism ..as if we were living in 1964.
When or where it was first performed is irrelevant

Exactly. So why the need to play it before a football game in 2021?

To get you "woke" that's why.

Like I said, it's the NFL pandering. Jump their **** about it, and hey, if it bothers you stop watching........boycott the ****. I was addressing those that were literally going.......wHaT aBoUt MuH WhItE NaTiOnAl AnThEm!! Getting butt hurt about the nickname of the song like the actual National Anthem is getting replaced.

History of the song is relevant, and perhaps knowing about these things can stop some people from making themselves look like complete ***** complaining about the song. Keep the complaining pointed at the NFL - Pandering is us, Inc. LLC

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't care (and I don't know who would) care if you knelt, sat, closed your eyes - it doesn't matter to me at all.

I'd call that 'the power of choice' - or better yet...'freedom'...
That's what I like about you. Logical, rational and fair-minded.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said, it's the NFL pandering. Jump their **** about it, and hey, if it bothers you stop watching........boycott the ****. I was addressing those that were literally going.......wHaT aBoUt MuH WhItE NaTiOnAl AnThEm!! Getting butt hurt about the nickname of the song like the actual National Anthem is getting replaced.

History of the song is relevant, and perhaps knowing about these things can stop some people from making themselves look like complete ***** complaining about the song. Keep the complaining pointed at the NFL - Pandering is us, Inc.
Of course the NFL panders, whether it's the song in question, breast cancer awareness, or using the military or veterans for the National Anthem, it's what they do to chase your dollar.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think the anthem should be played at any sporting event. It is largely disrespected anyway, by people of all stripes. In the years that I have attended sporting events (it's been a couple years) where the anthem is played, people are sitting, talking, on their phone, getting beer, or just plain acting like obnoxious ********. Song is disrespected every time it is played in some form or another. Just play some damn music until puck drop, first pitch, kickoff.

Bravo, sir. Great perspective. Do away with the whole damn thing at any sporting event.