• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Trade Deadline thread.. Tuesday Nov 2 at 4pm.

diver

Reaction score
Any OL worth looking at in the rumor mill for trade? I see Dillard from the Eagles, but I said worth looking at.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean if another random OT is available I would not be afraid to check them either but still…with banner back I don’t think they will

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think OBJ is washed up...he just has a bad QB combo w/ Baker. If he's out there and will take a discount - I'd kick the tires...
At very least he would draw respect of a defense. In reality, he would be a good add for a rent-a-vet.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How can anyone have seen enough of McFarland? He was a rookie last year and had no OTA's, camp, or preseason. So, last year was basically a throwaway for him. This preseason he looked a lot better but apparently was still playing with an injury he didn't know about. He's been on IR since before the season because of it. He is just now getting back on the team. We haven't seen him play at all. So, how does anyone know anything about him? Even if he gets some snaps, it may take until next year to see him really get a chance to improve and show what he can do. He may completely suck but I'm at least giving him until then. He deserves a little benefit of the doubt. Snell sucks. Ballage sucks. Samuels might have been better than both as he could catch. We have no one else and I can't see us trading for anyone as we have no picks to trade. McFarland can hopefully be a change of pace for Najee and he can return kicks in case Ray Ray gets hurt.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't think OBJ is washed up...he just has a bad QB combo w/ Baker. If he's out there and will take a discount - I'd kick the tires...
I wouldnt touch Beckham he has not done anything and gives half effort. He drops alot of balls and short arms catches if he thinks he may get hit. I agree he and Baker never clicked, but I think OBJ is done. Whatever happened to Miller?

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
We need a legit back up RB. Anytime Harris is not on the field, you can chalk up a negative play run or dropped ball. Marlon Mack wants out of Indy, any others buried in the depth chart out there?
How about that Conner kid from AZ. I hear his contract is minimal.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Too much of a diva head-case. No More Antonio Browns for me please.
Big diva and a guy the Browns were better with when he was out of the lineup last year.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
OBJ is the offensive version of Jadeveon Clowney. Living off the hype of one play, but never showing any type of consistency
In 14, 15, 16 he had 90+ catches, 1300+ yrds, and 10 TDs + each year. He topped 1k yrds in 18 and 19 but only had 4 and 6 TDs. He has always been a headcase, but in his prime he was a great WR. Don't think it's fair to say he got his hype based on one play. Currently however he is far away from his prime and Cleveland was better without him.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
How can anyone have seen enough of McFarland? He was a rookie last year and had no OTA's, camp, or preseason. So, last year was basically a throwaway for him. This preseason he looked a lot better but apparently was still playing with an injury he didn't know about. He's been on IR since before the season because of it. He is just now getting back on the team. We haven't seen him play at all. So, how does anyone know anything about him? Even if he gets some snaps, it may take until next year to see him really get a chance to improve and show what he can do. He may completely suck but I'm at least giving him until then. He deserves a little benefit of the doubt. Snell sucks. Ballage sucks. Samuels might have been better than both as he could catch. We have no one else and I can't see us trading for anyone as we have no picks to trade. McFarland can hopefully be a change of pace for Najee and he can return kicks in case Ray Ray gets hurt.
The boy cannot see. If anyone else can't see that - I don't know what to tell you. The game, at this level, is too fast for him and he takes too long to process.

I would have kept JaySam and let the rest of these apple heads sit on the PS...too late now.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
How about that Conner kid from AZ. I hear his contract is minimal.
Melvin Gordon is said to be had. As a backup, if they understand their position/job (looking at you Ingram) or someone like that, would thrive as a backup! Always worked for Ravens and Browns; having 2 capable backs.

McFarland is still a question mark, coming off injury and barley playing.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Looks like Steelers are getting Khalil Davis after all. Said to be signing to practice squad after Colts now release. Colts waiver trumped Steelers a few weeks back. Could this mean something with Tuitt?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Steelers are getting Khalil Davis after all. Said to be signing to practice squad after Colts now release. Colts waiver trumped Steelers a few weeks back. Could this mean something with Tuitt?
I'm thinking Tuitt is done. That's disappointing because he and Hayward are dominant when paired together.

I like this signing because Davis can start right away!!!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I'm thinking Tuitt is done. That's disappointing because he and Hayward are dominant when paired together.

I like this signing because Davis can start right away!!!
I don’t think so.. I think this is just typical Steelers nepotism like they do now.. collecting brothers is their fetish … its just a depth signing they tried before and failed