• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Trade Deadline thread.. Tuesday Nov 2 at 4pm.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Also, reports about Ebron are that he isn’t trying to leave, is great in the locker room, and is trying to adjust… so he probably stays unless something is too good to pass on if bet

Like ingram is almost certainly out but other guys aren’t big time problems so if we deal it’s because someone makes a good offer

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, reports about Ebron are that he isn’t trying to leave, is great in the locker room, and is trying to adjust… so he probably stays unless something is too good to pass on if bet

Like ingram is almost certainly out but other guys aren’t big time problems so if we deal it’s because someone makes a good offer
I'm w/ Cope - I'd use Ebron like we used JuJu. What can it hurt??? He's a terror in the slot...

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to see Mack here to backup Najee.

Ballage showed some promise in the preseason. Disappointed in what little he's shown since. But yes please to Marlon Mack. I would typically say WR here (echoing Mad's take that we need a burner), but we also need a legit RB behind Najee and I'm not seeing one on the roster.

I'd love nothing more than for McFarland to succeed, but I just don't see it happening - unless he somehow magically gets rid of the yips (I've seen him juke at the air).

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ballage showed some promise in the preseason. Disappointed in what little he's shown since. But yes please to Marlon Mack. I would typically say WR here (echoing Mad's take that we need a burner), but we also need a legit RB behind Najee and I'm not seeing one on the roster.

I'd love nothing more than for McFarland to succeed, but I just don't see it happening - unless he somehow magically gets rid of the yips (I've seen him juke at the air).
Yeah, I'm crazy for not wanting to see more of McBlindman...

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking Tuitt is done. That's disappointing because he and Hayward are dominant when paired together.

That would be a shame, but I'm leaning towards this as well. He lost his younger brother and is dealing with a lot. Don't think he's ever gonna be the same. Really hope I'm wrong.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am taking a wait and see approach with McFarland. He had a decent training camp and injuries have held him back.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be a shame, but I'm leaning towards this as well. He lost his younger brother and is dealing with a lot. Don't think he's ever gonna be the same. Really hope I'm wrong.
Little hard without knowing what injury he had, the extent of it. I actually think we will see him this season. Perhaps in the second half.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm w/ Cope - I'd use Ebron like we used JuJu. What can it hurt??? He's a terror in the slot...
difference is JuJu didn't routinely drop passes

I would definitely use Gentry and Freiermuth as the primary TEs but I don't want to see Ebron trying to block. If he can prove he once again can be trusted to make some catches, run him as a big WR

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I feel pretty much the same way regarding Ebron. With a young Oline I prefer the Gentry addition simply because that extra blocker is needed. Play him as a WR but even then Steelers like WRs who can block. In that aspect a blocking capable WR helps out the running game. Ebron can get open but he needs to show less drops to get looks. They have phased him down in reps rightfully so.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah I feel pretty much the same way regarding Ebron. With a young Oline I prefer the Gentry addition simply because that extra blocker is needed. Play him as a WR but even then Steelers like WRs who can block. In that aspect a blocking capable WR helps out the running game. Ebron can get open but he needs to show less drops to get looks. They have phased him down in reps rightfully so.
damn you are getting just like badcat used to be

take Coolie's posts and reword them....makes you sound smart

didn't help him as much...he was just too much of a ********

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Little hard without knowing what injury he had, the extent of it. I actually think we will see him this season. Perhaps in the second half.

True. And I shouldn't assume what the guy is or isn't going through. I hope like hell he gets back out there with his other brothers ASAP. Gotta admit that Wormley and Buggs acquitted themselves pretty well this last game, but we need Tuitt - and hopefully Alualu makes a full recovery.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So i am throwing this name out again… Andy Isabella… he is a wr on the cards that was buried when they loaded up on vets… he was a second round pick three years ago… he isn’t big, but he is fast as hell and can return on special teams as well.. he runs a legit 4.31… he has very limited use but fits exactly what our offense is moving towards… he is a much better option than using rayray in the role

They are looking for a 3rd and there is a lot of interest across the league according to the rumor mill.. but here is the catch.. the cards just brought in 4 free agents to work out and replace JJ monday.. they are desperate to get production at edge… we have Ingram… dealing him to just anyone maybe getsis a fourth at best.. but in this case we get a third round value and give up ingram…

If you still wanted a minor pick, deal Washington for the roster spot if he truly is sunk…

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
difference is JuJu didn't routinely drop passes

I would definitely use Gentry and Freiermuth as the primary TEs but I don't want to see Ebron trying to block. If he can prove he once again can be trusted to make some catches, run him as a big WR
I don't know...JuJu had his share of the dropies as well. Now, I'm not saying they're the same but maybe he can be that mismatch we're looking for in the slot???

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
damn you are getting just like badcat used to be

take Coolie's posts and reword them....makes you sound smart

didn't help him as much...he was just too much of a ********

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Its just a shame that we didn’t go get John Brown when he was a free agent till a little bit ago… pretty sure he is on denvers practice squad …

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The boy cannot see. If anyone else can't see that - I don't know what to tell you. The game, at this level, is too fast for him and he takes too long to process.

I would have kept JaySam and let the rest of these apple heads sit on the PS...too late now.
How can you tell? He has had 0 snaps this year and minimal as a rookie with no preseason. He may be what you say he is but there is no sample size to go from. Even if he gets some snaps here and there the rest of the season, that won't give a full picture on him. If he's 100% healed now, he has to get back into football shape and back into taking live snaps in a game setting. I'll give him until next year to determine if he can be a change of pace back we need.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Davis is a depth piece. It's really not much of a signing. I posted last week, someone from the PG said Tuitt was physically pretty much ready to start practicing but they still aren't sure where his head is. Everyone grieves differently but if he isn't getting serious psychiatric help, then the Steelers should force him to. I know they are trying to give him space but he still has a job and is still getting paid. He has to do everything possible to get back on the field.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
A second and third for probably 6 sacks in the second half of the season and whatever he does in the playoffs. You better win the SB. And I cannot picture Stafford as a SB winning qb. This isn't the NHL where draft picks take 4 years to develop.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Plus he goes down to easily. Not blade of grass easy but hand takle easy.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Excellent take on the Ebron situation. I'm still thinking if a 5th was offered, I'd take it partly due to we need draft picks and he is gone end of season anyways.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So i am throwing this name out again… Andy Isabella… he is a wr on the cards that was buried when they loaded up on vets… he was a second round pick three years ago… he isn’t big, but he is fast as hell and can return on special teams as well.. he runs a legit 4.31… he has very limited use but fits exactly what our offense is moving towards… he is a much better option than using rayray in the role

They are looking for a 3rd and there is a lot of interest across the league according to the rumor mill.. but here is the catch.. the cards just brought in 4 free agents to work out and replace JJ monday.. they are desperate to get production at edge… we have Ingram… dealing him to just anyone maybe getsis a fourth at best.. but in this case we get a third round value and give up ingram…

If you still wanted a minor pick, deal Washington for the roster spot if he truly is sunk…

I like this scenerio of Ingram for the speed, straight up trade. Nice mention.

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Steelers are getting Khalil Davis after all. Said to be signing to practice squad after Colts now release. Colts waiver trumped Steelers a few weeks back. Could this mean something with Tuitt?
Definitely means something with his brother going to IR

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
RE: Ingram
I've seen this movie before and I don't like the ending. The Steelers have a malcontent OLB that they've known for weeks wants off the team or wants more playing time. They also have a young, up and coming OLB whose development is critical and would be stunted if they cave and give the malcontent more playing time. The Steelers play hardball with the vet until the trade deadline passes. Then release him after the trade deadline; getting nothing in return.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I definitely thought Ballage was looking decent in the preseason plus he ran reasonably well when I saw him play a couple years ago. He just doesn't hit the hole and take what is there. I really hope McFarland can show something out of the backfield soon as Snell and Ballage have both looked terrible so far this year.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
  • Chiefs acquired LB Melvin Ingram from the Steelers.​

Ingram, 32, has seen a reduction in playing time as the 2021 season has worn on. He was clearly unhappy in Pittsburgh and will join a Chiefs defense that has pressured the passer at a 23 percent clip this season, the 12th lowest in the NFL.
    RELATED: SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Nov 2, 2021, 10:05 AM ET