• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No Offseason again?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats what made the coronavirus so dangerous.
Oh, Jesus. Not more of this.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, I couldn't care less about an explanation of your life, or your motivations. I didn't ask. I was simply trying to prevent you from looking stupid in the future by using the wrong word again.

Secondly, your use of some bullshit make-believe word in this forum is valueless, because you are one of just three people (and the only person here) who gets this particular inside joke.

And while I'm sure "DuckDuckGo-ing" has some riveting import in your life as well, do me a favor and don't bother explaining that one. Thanks.
Oh, great Grammar Gestapo! Forgive my insolence!
While you didn't "ask" for an explanation, your insistence that I somehow erred in your eyes and your unrelenting determination to show how stupid you thought I looked said otherwise.
I didn't realize a throwaway comment needed to have value, that I was obligated to explain inside jokes, or that everyone had to be familiar with the joke.
But since you're parsing words/phrases in the forum, perhaps you could explain the italicized, bolded, and red portion of your quote above?
I just googled (since you seem unfamiliar with less known internet search engines) the word import and that is a verb that means to bring from an external or foreign source.
I think you meant to say "importance", bud.
In a related word matter, with all this free time on your hands, it is far more important to check your own feces for fiber than it is to instigate a fight over the internet regarding a make-believe word.
The results would be more fruitful to all parties involved, too.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Team did pretty well without a OTA season and modified training camp/ preseason. (11-0). Bigger problem was when teams zeroed in on their weakness and as per usual there was no answer from the coaching staff.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, great Grammar Gestapo! Forgive my insolence!
While you didn't "ask" for an explanation, your insistence that I somehow erred in your eyes and your unrelenting determination to show how stupid you thought I looked said otherwise.
I didn't realize a throwaway comment needed to have value, that I was obligated to explain inside jokes, or that everyone had to be familiar with the joke.
But since you're parsing words/phrases in the forum, perhaps you could explain the italicized, bolded, and red portion of your quote above?
I just googled (since you seem unfamiliar with less known internet search engines) the word import and that is a verb that means to bring from an external or foreign source.
I think you meant to say "importance", bud.
In a related word matter, with all this free time on your hands, it is far more important to check your own feces for fiber than it is to instigate a fight over the internet regarding a make-believe word.
The results would be more fruitful to all parties involved, too.
I'd be happy to explain my use of "import" to you, since you seem to be unfamiliar with the dictionary. And I meant exactly what I said. See, I use real words, and I use them properly.

From Merriam-Webster (they've been publishing dictionaries since the 19th century, by the way):

import
noun
im·port | \ ˈim-ˌpȯrt \
Definition of import (Entry 2 of 2)
1: something that is imported
2: IMPORTATION
3: IMPORTANCE
especially : relative importance
// it is hard to judge the import of this decision

4: PURPORT, SIGNIFICATION

See the third definition above. Surely you're aware that words can have more than one meaning, bud. Or they can even be different parts of speech, as is the case here. But you knew that too, right?

In related matter, with all the free time on your hands, perhaps you should familiarize yourself a bit more with the English language before you try to look smart and insult me, but simply make yourself look stupid. Again.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Right now, there isn’t a plan, in fact it appears each club is waiting on what the league office will decide and that in itself is based upon the President‘s COVID team and the CDC.

iu

Okay, after you get the vaccine and do this, you are ready to play!!

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be happy to explain my use of "import" to you, since you seem to be unfamiliar with the dictionary. And I meant exactly what I said. See, I use real words, and I use them properly.

From Merriam-Webster (they've been publishing dictionaries since the 19th century, by the way):

import
noun
im·port | \ ˈim-ˌpȯrt \
Definition of import (Entry 2 of 2)
1: something that is imported
2: IMPORTATION
3: IMPORTANCE
especially : relative importance
// it is hard to judge the import of this decision

4: PURPORT, SIGNIFICATION

See the third definition above. Surely you're aware that words can have more than one meaning, bud. Or they can even be different parts of speech, as is the case here. But you knew that too, right?

In related matter, with all the free time on your hands, perhaps you should familiarize yourself a bit more with the English language before you try to look smart and insult me, but simply make yourself look stupid. Again.
Thank you for the supplied comedy.
I sincerely wish there was a sarcasm font, but alas......
Where should I send ALL my future posts for your red pen proofreading, Mrs. Donovan?
( Charlie Brown’s teacher, so you don’t have to Bing. That’s yet another search engine.....Mr. Dupree ).

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the supplied comedy.
I sincerely wish there was a sarcasm font, but alas......
Where should I send ALL my future posts for your red pen proofreading, Mrs. Donovan?
( Charlie Brown’s teacher, so you don’t have to Bing. That’s yet another search engine.....Mr. Dupree ).
You tried to make my word usage look bad, yet you only succeeded in showing your own ignorance. Now that was some comedy gold. But, hey, by all means don't admit that you were wrong about it -- just keep peddling some more nonsense about search engines.

You can send your future posts directly up your ***. How's that sound, Tex?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You tried to make my word usage look bad, yet you only succeeded in showing your own ignorance. Now that was some comedy gold. But, hey, by all means don't admit that you were wrong about it -- just keep peddling some more nonsense about search engines.

Why don't you two shake hands and call it a day?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
iu

Okay, after you get the vaccine and do this, you are ready to play!!

Yeah, too bad it isn’t that easy, with each state deciding what is/isn’t considered acceptable for reopening.

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score

You win, Hoss.
You’re the coolest in all the land.
When Mommy brings you your Cheetos and Jolt, tell her the big bad man that chose to use a nonsense word for personal, comedic, and nostalgic reasons that you couldn’t quite comprehend or accept, finally relented and declared you keyboard champion of the interwebs.
I hope you can sleep well now.
God bless and best wishes.

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't you two shake hands and call it a day?
I sincerely agree. Slash.
I took NONE of this seriously.
I say again, there should really be a sarcasm font.
But my goodness, I’ve never seen anyone so zealous over the intentional misuse of poppycock.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

Just shut the **** up already

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
You win, Hoss.
You’re the coolest in all the land.
When Mommy brings you your Cheetos and Jolt, tell her the big bad man that chose to use a nonsense word for personal, comedic, and nostalgic reasons that you couldn’t quite comprehend or accept, finally relented and declared you keyboard champion of the interwebs.
I hope you can sleep well now.
God bless and best wishes.
I did win. No ****.

My mommy's been dead since 1991, but thanks for bringing her back into the conversation.

You can tell your mommy how very badly you wanted to show up the big bad man up for simply pointing out your misuse of a word (although the big bad man was being quite cordial about it at the start, really), but you failed, like always. I'm sure she's used to it.

Last edited:

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just shut the **** up already
Man, this site never lets me down. :) One dude thinks it's a typeo, another states it wasn't and then BAM, mags getting emptied and bodies hittin the floor. :)

I have a funny story like this, I drunk texted my buddy one night telling him I was up at 2 am and that meant I was the **** and he was a ****. However, I mis typed it as cint. He messaged me the next day and said what's up you drunk cint, I was like what the **** does that mean? I went back and looked, and was like, oh, I see that. It's been over a year and we still call one another cints. No one on this board would get that, so I personally wouldn't post it here, but I'd like to think one of you ***** would take similar offense and go off the same way. And that's why I love it here.

Joe

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I sincerely agree. Slash.
I took NONE of this seriously.
I say again, there should really be a sarcasm font.
But my goodness, I’ve never seen anyone so zealous over the intentional misuse of poppycock.

Try my "WhoAla" word sometime, you'll get a kick out of it. Also VERBALITY.... is another. I'm sure you have many others because its the sum of actions that make you the LEGEND that you are.

seriously, we all need to laugh and even if it is at ourselves occasionally. (my case quite often or I'd go near insane)

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, this site never lets me down. :) One dude thinks it's a typeo, another states it wasn't and then BAM, mags getting emptied and bodies hittin the floor. :)

I have a funny story like this, I drunk texted my buddy one night telling him I was up at 2 am and that meant I was the **** and he was a ****. However, I mis typed it as cint. He messaged me the next day and said what's up you drunk cint, I was like what the **** does that mean? I went back and looked, and was like, oh, I see that. It's been over a year and we still call one another cints. No one on this board would get that, so I personally wouldn't post it here, but I'd like to think one of you ***** would take similar offense and go off the same way. And that's why I love it here.

Joe

****............................ what's up cint ?

great story and that's what I'm talking about being able to laugh at yourself.

Salute the nation

fedderone

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to be nice and friendly about it, but I'm past that now.
To my Kit Kat and all that the Notorious D-I-C, slashsteel, Omar, t-man, and all the others following along.....my sincerest apologies.

I guess I missed the nice post(s).
Me : says word
topseed : don’t think you meant that. You really mean this.
Me : No, I meant what i said.
topseed : well you’re wrong because I looked up that word and it doesn’t fit the context.
Me : here’s why I chose the word I did.
topseed : unacceptable. Still wrong. Doesn’t compute to me.

I tried following the sage advice to shake hands.
I declared you winner and said God bless and wished you well.
Your retort? To invoke a dead mother shaming?
Seriously?
And if your mom is truly dead, my sincerest condolences. But to invoke that because I hurled an insult AT YOU, and not because I actually disparaged your mother somehow, shows you actually are the basement dwelling internet troll I jokingly called you.

You’re past that now?
None of this would even be right now if you had gotten past it to begin with.

And somebody cue The McCoys because I have a feeling topsloopy’s gonna hang on some more.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Stop reading my ******* posts if they bother you. Ever think of that?
Stop polluting this board with your angry bullshit, you ***

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
To my Kit Kat and all that the Notorious D-I-C, slashsteel, Omar, t-man, and all the others following along.....my sincerest apologies.

I guess I missed the nice post(s).
Me : says word
topseed : don’t think you meant that. You really mean this.
Me : No, I meant what i said.
topseed : well you’re wrong because I looked up that word and it doesn’t fit the context.
Me : here’s why I chose the word I did.
topseed : unacceptable. Still wrong. Doesn’t compute to me.

I tried following the sage advice to shake hands.
I declared you winner and said God bless and wished you well.
Your retort? To invoke a dead mother shaming?
Seriously?
And if your mom is truly dead, my sincerest condolences. But to invoke that because I hurled an insult AT YOU, and not because I actually disparaged your mother somehow, shows you actually are the basement dwelling internet troll I jokingly called you.

You’re past that now?
None of this would even be right now if you had gotten past it to begin with.

And somebody cue The McCoys because I have a feeling topsloopy’s gonna hang on some more.
Yeah, I guess you did somehow miss the nice part where I said that I was just trying to help you out and gave the peace sign. Maybe I imagined it. Or maybe you need to Google what a peace sign is. What I'm past is being friendly about it -- if you had the most fundamental of reading comprehension skills, you would have understood that statement.

YOU got bent out of shape over having to explain your life to me (which, again, I never asked for you to do). I never requested your little story, and once you told it, I never claimed that it didn't "compute." I said that it doesn't make sense to say a non-word in a forum where you are the only one who would understand why you had used it. And I stand by that statement.

YOU then continued by attempting to criticize my writing and show all of Steeler Nation (or at least the six or seven really bored dudes still reading this thread) just how smart you were by putting one of my words not only in italics, but also in color and bold print, to prove how wrong it was...but your master plan obviously backfired. Then all you had to do was simply admit that you were wrong about it, but clearly you're way too prideful for that ****. Way to make your stand, bro. You need to make your mommy proud. Or something. But, yeah, I'm the basement-dwelling troll. Great point.

Last edited:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Stop polluting this board with your angry bullshit, you ***
You're telling me to shut the **** up and calling me a ***, but I'm the angry one polluting the board? Oh, the irony.