• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No RFA’s tendered

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Not exactly unexpected but tge Steelers let all four RFA’s hit UFA by not tendering any of them …

James Pierre, Steven Sims, JC Hausenauer, Jeremy McNichols are now all poised to hit free agency tomorrow ..

Costs for these tags:
First-Round Tender: $6.005 million
Second-Round Tender: $4.304 million
Original Round/Right-of-First Refusal Tender: $2.627 million…

The first three on this list were UDFAs so they would only get compensation by giving them a second or first round tender and none probably have that kind of value on the open market…

McNichols was a fifth, but with a serious shoulder injury last year has little value

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
All replaceable and in reality, slash is right. All are worth cheaper deals.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Probably try to sign them to cheaper deals...
Absolutely… you aren’t giving any of them second or first money and most will probably give the Steelers the option to match without locking them into a three million dollar deal

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If I had to pick one, I'd like to get James Pierre back, and Steven Sims if possible. I'd prioritize Pierre though
Sims is the No. 3 receiver and a lot believe the Steelers are fine at the position.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sims is the No. 3 receiver and a lot believe the Steelers are fine at the position.

I’d venture to say that Calvin Austin III is more looked at as the #3.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I’d venture to say that Calvin Austin III is more looked at as the #3.
I want Austin to be good. I'm also not holding out hope given he was a Day 3 pick, small, and injured in year one. I've just seen this story too many times with this team to have complete confidence he'll be the answer. I'm proceeding with caution.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I want Austin to be good. I'm also not holding out hope given he was a Day 3 pick, small, and injured in year one. I've just seen this story too many times with this team to have complete confidence he'll be the answer. I'm proceeding with caution.

I hear yayz fully on this scenario as well. I should have been more clear in that ….

I think the team Coaching staff look on him to be the # 3 WR. Supposedly he is healed up and fully ready. He maintained team activities and participated throughout the season by being in th meetings ect..

Salute the nation

6Rings

Reaction score
Looks like the new regime is not impressed and feels they can easily replace such average players. Khan & Weidl are not impressed. I like their confidence.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
draft Oluiwatami to replace JC and in a year or 2 he could unseat Cole, Rimington winner, mass power run blocker