• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Not getting the no sense of urgency in free agency.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand their approach. But with two glaring needs at CB and WR, I don't think this is the year to use their ******* scrub approach to free agency.

******* crickets so far, except for players leaving.

Is there anyone else annoyed? I mean their approach hasn't been working, I am not understanding not ******* tweaking it.

Free Agent

Reaction score
Jeremy Fowler
‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN
12m12 minutes ago

Steelers are involved in the receiver market. They've inquired on several, including Tyrell Williams. Could settle on second-tier player market depending on price, but it wouldn't surprise if they signed a new playmaker for Ben Roethlisberger.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeremy Fowler
‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN
12m12 minutes ago

Steelers are involved in the receiver market. They've inquired on several, including Tyrell Williams. Could settle on second-tier player market depending on price, but it wouldn't surprise if they signed a new playmaker for Ben Roethlisberger.

like I was saying....

steelhurt

Reaction score
Slash, this is what they do, no? These guys just do not spend big in F/A.
Tyrell Williams would be nice and affordable. Just heard John Brown is signing with Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Slash, this is what they do, no? These guys just do not spend big in F/A.
Tyrell Williams would be nice and affordable. Just heard John Brown is signing with Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

************. Thing is this team had a down year, so there should be a sense of urgency. Instead we get to watch as all the difference makers are plucked one by one to other teams.

**** I hate their slow approach to everything...

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Is this the same John Brown that played with Baltimore last season?
He's had one good season in 5 years and that was 65 catches, 4 seasons ago, in 3 of his seasons he's only played in more than 6 games twice.

ianv2012

Reaction score
Is this the same John Brown that played with Baltimore last season?
He's had one good season in 5 years and that was 65 catches, 4 seasons ago, in 3 of his seasons he's only played in more than 6 games twice.

No we must get angry everytime another team signs someone, because we haven't signed anyone yet so hurumphhh!!!!!

You know what other team hasn't made a move in FA yet? The Cheatriots, and there are so many here who gasm at the idea of typing their name into a thread

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I understand their approach. But with two glaring needs at CB and WR, I don't think this is the year to use their ******* scrub approach to free agency.

Is there anyone else annoyed? I mean their approach hasn't been working, I am not understanding not ******* tweaking it.

How dare you question The Steeler Way (tm) You will be assimilated.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Steeler front office is becoming like Congress - they are most dangerous when they do something.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Totally get it where you are coming from. It's been an MO of this organization but really slow for about 12 years now. Cowher did pull a trigger or two but Tomlin seems to be to slow at evaluating team logistics and need. Lackadaisical is his MO so it seems to follow suit.

lets make something happen and address a team need.

Salute the nation

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Can't blame the Steelers for staying away from these prices: Mosley 17 mil per year, Ladarius Smith 16 mil, John Brown 9 mil per. We are actually winning free agency because Ravens
are getting decimated.

SteveA

Reaction score
It's like watching grass grow......

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We never have a sense of urgency in FA. Unfortunately, this year, we have way too many holes to even dream about filling in the draft. So, if no serious action in FA, we will once again have to hope someone steps up.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Can't blame the Steelers for staying away from these prices: Mosley 17 mil per year, Ladarius Smith 16 mil, John Brown 9 mil per. We are actually winning free agency because Ravens
are getting decimated.

and the Browns are adding pieces. The teams with money are spending, teams like the Steelers and Ravens are not/can't.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Rumor mill today has the Ravens as a potential team for LB. I can't see them paying that kind of $ though for a RB.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I can guarantee in the back of LB's mind is that if he signs with the Ravens he is going to get severely pounded at least 2 times a year.

VaSteelerFan

Reaction score
We have Tomlin. The standard is the standard so we'll be ok.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No we must get angry everytime another team signs someone, because we haven't signed anyone yet so hurumphhh!!!!!

You know what other team hasn't made a move in FA yet? The Cheatriots, and there are so many here who gasm at the idea of typing their name into a thread

cheats have actually done something notable in 10 years, so sorry my frustration doesn't meet your expectations. Now **** off.

Last edited:

ianv2012

Reaction score
cheats have actually done something notable in 10 years, so sorry my frustration doesn't meet your expectations. Now **** off.

Lol ok, I don't have frustration expectations, I'm just tired of every thread descending into whining and blubbering like a spoiled 5 year old not getting their way since the Mr "all about the money" trade. Please continue to be frustrated, you have that right

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol ok, I don't have frustration expectations, I'm just tired of every thread descending into whining and blubbering like a spoiled 5 year old not getting their way since the Mr "all about the money" trade. Please continue to be frustrated, you have that right

You don't have SB frustrations? Must be nice to be happy with mediocrity. But yeah when the fans are told that the Steelers were going to be active, and then they start to look like the Pirates of free agency. Yeah it is ******* annoying.

See that spoiled bullshit would mean something if they wouldn't have ******* underachieved for the majority of a decade.

I can tell you are one of those types that are happy shining those participation trophies.

Spit on them and shine them up real good boy !

Yeah I prefer to actually achieve something notable silly me.

But by all means please show me where I go thread to thread whining and blubbering.

Get the **** out with that bullshit.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
People have a tendency to just LUMP everyone together,..........well several of us here and I for one am NOT a lump.

Passionate..... yes and maybe even a passionate lump but NOT just a plain lumped together lump,..........Kapish?????

Salute the nation

ianv2012

Reaction score
You don't have SB frustrations? Must be nice to be happy with mediocrity. But yeah when the fans are told that the Steelers were going to be active, and then they start to look like the Pirates of free agency. Yeah it is ******* annoying.

See that spoiled bullshit would mean something if they wouldn't have ******* underachieved for the majority of a decade.

I can tell you are one of those types that are happy shining those participation trophies.

Spit on them and shine them up real good boy !

Yeah I prefer to actually achieve something notable silly me.

But by all means please show me where I go thread to thread whining and blubbering.

Get the **** out with that bullshit.

The fact that you think I was referring specifically to you in my original post says more about you than it does me, I didn't name you, and nor was I "lumping" anyone together. Some have been noticably angry and frustrated, but they also don't make every thread about their anger and frustration, and some (see that word, it's called a qualifier) whine about everything in every thread. I hate participation trophies, and I'm very frustrated with the organization. I just don't feel the need to ***** about it by hijacking every thread to make it about that. The fact I didn't name anyone specifically, meant it only applied to a certain group.You done now?