• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obituary Blames Steelers Tie With Lions For Man's Death

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
There just might be a rash of this in the next few years.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
WoWzZa, I feel for the guy but to be invested that much into a game. I have succeeded in many sports throughout my life and I get the competiveness and integration to be "in their shoes" fans. I can't imagine being so intwined that I die from a loss, regardless of how the loss occurred.

Our STEELERS see tobe destined to up and down play which translates to near wins / losses so get ready for excitement of thrill and spill.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
WoWzZa, I feel for the guy but to be invested that much into a game. I have succeeded in many sports throughout my life and I get the competiveness and integration to be "in their shoes" fans. I can't imagine being so intwined that I die from a loss, regardless of how the loss occurred.

Our STEELERS see tobe destined to up and down play which translates to near wins / losses so get ready for excitement of thrill and spill.

Salute the nation
For real. How some get that invested is crazy to think about. But guess that’s their passion.

I’ve played both football and hockey myself so of course my respect for the Pens and Steelers runs adjacent to that. But at the end of the day we’re watching other people do their job. They get paid handsomely for it too. I wish I could make millions and would invite people to watch me go back and forth the amazon warehouse. Imagine the cbs commentary on that.

“And there goes MTC looking at the blinking blue light for Robin 1309. He climbs the ladder, clears the packages, restarts the conveyor. Amazon robotics works again, Touchdown MTC!!!”

;)

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For real. How some get that invested is crazy to think about. But guess that’s their passion.

I’ve played both football and hockey myself so of course my respect for the Pens and Steelers runs adjacent to that. But at the end of the day we’re watching other people do their job. They get paid handsomely for it too. I wish I could make millions and would invite people to watch me go back and forth the amazon warehouse. Imagine the cbs commentary on that.

“And there goes MTC looking at the blinking blue light for Robin 1309. He climbs the ladder, clears the packages, restarts the conveyor. Amazon robotics works again, Touchdown MTC!!!”

;)

comentator 1: "and there goes MTC to the bathroo once again, notice the lean he puts while taking the corner in..............

coentator 2 " well SAM, he should have that corner bank down as this is his 4th time in less than 2 hours he has taken that treck.........................

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
comentator 1: "and there goes MTC to the bathroo once again, notice the lean he puts while taking the corner in..............

coentator 2 " well SAM, he should have that corner bank down as this is his 4th time in less than 2 hours he has taken that treck.........................

Salute the nation
It’s that 1 liter of water for breakfast. Have to go like 5 times

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a glimpse of my final destination. They will be the death of me, obviously.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

;)
Now you need to say something prophetic when interviewed at the eye flush station.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a glimpse of my final destination. They will be the death of me, obviously.
I'm with you Slash.

I understand the comments on here about disassociation and investment. It's the intelligent and common sense approach. It doesn't make you any less of a die hard.

For me as I've aged, it has been the complete opposite. I've become more intense for some stupid reason.

I'm too old to drink every Sunday afternoon but if it's a huge game, I do only to spare me from the big one. I'm a docile, congenial drunk (I'm not an I love you man type) and it keeps my emotions down.

Even though I'm not the age of the blessed departed, I relate.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Now you need to say something prophetic when interviewed at the eye flush station.
Well you know. It was a long day at work you know. And um. You know it’s just me doing my part so it runs like a well oiled machine you know. Back to the lab and stuff obviously you know. I couldn’t do it without my amazing co-workers. I mean after the eye incident you know. Just you well you know

;)

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool, now Tomlin's ineptitude is killing people.
Willie Parker comes to mind
Naj is sadly next unless Tomlin gets over his ego.

Generational talent wasted because of refusal to adjust to any said game situations. The team had a shot within the super bowl 45 time frame. The passing of the torch to the next era which should’ve panned out and was looking promising when they were labeled the killer B’s should’ve been another era of at least one championship even 2.

This franchise fell apart after AB, Bell, Martavis left. The defense even though they have Watt and Heyward has had a hard time replacing Shazier.

But again, I feel the Steelers from an ownership perspective isn’t focused on the football side of the product as said franchise is already established. The Steelers logo is a cash cow brand and I’m thinking Art2 is content with that

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Cool, now Tomlin's ineptitude is killing people.
Thinking of the guy who literally had a heart attack when Bettis fumbled in the 2005 playoff game against Indy.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with you Slash.

I understand the comments on here about disassociation and investment. It's the intelligent and common sense approach. It doesn't make you any less of a die hard.

For me as I've aged, it has been the complete opposite. I've become more intense for some stupid reason.

I'm too old to drink every Sunday afternoon but if it's a huge game, I do only to spare me from the big one. I'm a docile, congenial drunk (I'm not an I love you man type) and it keeps my emotions down.

Even though I'm not the age of the blessed departed, I relate.
I wouldn’t say it’s stupid. I mean I get it’s an entertainment escape. And also a community. I’d just hate to lose a friend or relative stressing over a game

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
He and my father have something in common, they both tried out for the Pittsburgh Pirates. My father spent some of his childhood years growing up across from Forbes Field.

He's just a casual fan of the Steelers now. The NFL ****** up football for him. He never watched baseball, he wanted to play it. Thought it was ridiculous the amount of time spent in between pitches. Loved Roberto Clemente was his favorite perfect player ever.

Ain't none of us dying over a some game with players who will sell out to the highest bidder.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think the intensity of fan craziness (including myself) is just a symptom of our current society along with intensity of care for pets (guilty here too). Something has happened that has created both. I don't have the answer but the common denominator is the internet and phones.

Stewey

Reaction score
This reminded me of dying Browns fan who requested Browns players be his pallbearers so that "they could let him down one more time".